Grand Final 2023 - arrogant P's v flashy B's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well that was kinda the point I was making. I think the way his game has been reported is misleading and 'non-clutch' is the point. What's been missed is the temperament he showed to stay in the 'system' and play percentages, which is what makes him the unbelievable player he is. Instead of trying to pull a rabbit out of a hat with 'hail Mary' football, he assessed the clock, didn't panic, and just played his natural game; the rest is history. That's the true brilliance of his performance.
Yeah, fair… I would still call that “clutch” tho because the hardest thing in a hopeless situation is to stay focussed and trust the process (although I am not sure a 30-20 on the 3rd tackle falls into that process typically)…

He was outstanding… would love to see him do the same for NSW for the next few series…

I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this in and I’m not a Reece Walsh hater but this photo is still funny so thought I’d share it

Attachments

• 9DF77B29-F04B-42BB-8BD6-7781F4C27667.png
    9DF77B29-F04B-42BB-8BD6-7781F4C27667.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 34
The Panthers deserve a lot of credit. They invested heavily in their youth systems which dominated the lower grade for years and now those players are in the NRL and seem to have a great production line of players to replace those get squeezed out.

Very impressive and the ability to come back from 24-8 down with 20 mins to go was incredible. Just glad the Broncs choked again like in 2015.

Impossible to say that. Different generation. Different professionalism. Completly different game.
If any of those sides from back in the day played in this generation with the rules and protections of today's game it would be game on.
I would also say that Penrith do not have worthy challengers in this run. No magnificent storm or top of their game rooters.
Take nothing away from them they are magnificent and history will call them the greatest for now but they have had it pretty easy.
Lost to Storm, beat rabbits and Parramatta before beating young green Broncs. None of these sides had the Melbourne or rooters or old broncs quality.
I wish they won’t say this greatest team crap.

They don’t even hold a candle to what St George did - 11 in a row.

Second best - well they enter the debate.

NYEagle

3 That loss will burn the Broncos, they will want it bad next season.
They are in a great position. They have a squad with most of their players in their early-mid 20s and a lot of them have played together for years already. For me, the unknown for them is Adam Reynolds... he didn't have a particularly great grand final, he can still find an injury, and he'll be 34 next year.

They are in a great position. They have a squad with most of their players in their early-mid 20s and a lot of them have played together for years already. For me, the unknown for them is Adam Reynolds... he didn't have a particularly great grand final, he can still find an injury, and he'll be 34 next year.
Also Farnworth and Flegler with others won't be there. Also, Reynolds is a bit like our Turbo, the next injury is only just around the corner.

Wondering why was Zac Hoskings dropped for the Semis and GF? He played good footy most of the year.
If he is not happy and I've heard that's the case.
We could use a reliable mobile back rower. Bring him home....
Ah yes, David ‘Mules’ Hoskings’ son.

Hosking Jr, who is even more of a journeyman than his dad, grew up a Melbourne supporter. His favourite player was Billy Slater.

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy, the riff players made so many ‘extra efforts’ to win that game…

For example, Moses Leota running the decoy and then watching the play and taking off again to support Clearys break and ultimately score the try… 80% of props switch off once they are through the line I reckon…

And what about Scott Sorenson playing the ball, watching the play and being switched on enough to sprint back out of the line when he saw Cleary step back towards him…
if he stands and stares it is London-to-a-brick that a donkey player throws himself into Sorensons back and the try is disallowed for an obstruction…

This obviously has a lot to do with player’s attitudes and desire to stay in the game but credit must go to the coaching staff because the desire and effort is ingrained in the team 1-17 (hell, 1-57 probably…)

I realise that the riff missed some tackles that led to tries but generally they were beaten by speed (speed of the PTB in fleglers case) and deception (Tago’s effort on Walsh not his greatest moment tho)

I would love to see that kind of ability to not ‘switch off’ ingrained in our squad…

Interesting stat from the GF. When Leota & JFH were both on the field, the Panthers scored all their points & the Broncos scored no points. In other words, when they were both on the field, the scoring differential was 26-0.
Absolutely, and that’s what I was pointing via my post in the night. These two were the differences makers, their go forward was incredible and the Bronco almost looked scared when they were on.

I would have given them joint CCM.

NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8