Grand Final 22 Panthers v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hey @Mark from Brisbane
I was wondering if there's the usual amount of interest in the GF up in Brisbane, given that it's two teams from Western Sydney?
It does still make the news , but tonight for example , they previewed the final for 2 minutes and cut to an interview with Greg Inglis about the 2009 Grand Final won by the Drizzle but stripped.

His answer to that “ let’s not live in the past”.

I’ve got to say I’m a bit ambivalent about tomorrow’s game and who wins, as we’re not in it.

I don’t really care who wins, as long as it’s not the slime, they can wait another 36+ years as far as I’m concerned, but that doesn’t mean that I‘ll be supporting the ‘riff either, so maybe I should just do something else.

I know I’ll …..…………, probably watch the game anyway.

I had a chat to myself about facing the reality that in an upset, the slime may win. The refs rub of the green to the point of borderline corruption is always with parra. I remember Greenberg saying the NRL needs them to be successful. The NRL love to promote different premiership winners too.
Penrith are the better team and should win but ref shennagans wouldn't surprise me.
Hope not though.
Hope the panthers smash them and then onto next year.
Do your stuff Cleary. Please for us Manly supporters.

Found this on Facebook

Let us pray…

Our ref who art in the bunker
Klein be thy name
The premiership come
Your whistle be done
In Accor as it is in Commbank
Give us this day our hopes and dreams
And forgive us this season’s doubts
As we have said “It’s our year”
And lead us not to 2nd place
But deliver us a premiership
A-Sivo

I'm going for Penrith but feel Parra will win with help from the refs.
Penrith to penalised and six again out of the game.
Every tackle just about all the Parra players will be waving their arms about like ducks trying to milk a penalty.

Best outcome for me is Penrith winning 39-0
They go back to back, Parra window closes and we keep our 40-0 record.

Has anyone else given much thought to the strong-ish connections both clubs have to Manly-Warringah?

Penrith is coached by a Manly junior. Manly is coached by a Penrith junior. Parramatta is coached by a former Manly assistant coach.

The Penrith coach’s son could have been a Manly junior and playing in maroon & white, but for his dad’s career wanderlust.

Parramatta is co-captained by one of Manly’s finest juniors produced this century. Another Parramatta player (Simonsson) was born at Mona Vale and grew up on the Northern Beaches.

Then there is Shaun Lane, a latter day ‘Pogo’ Morgan/Bruce Walker (with a dash of Lindsay Drake) , who is on the verge of Australian selection.

He could still be in a Manly jersey if the sliding doors moments that were Superleague and it’s aftermath/private ownership/Penn control and retribution/the hiring of Barrett/the 8-year deal for DCE/the Hastings imbroglio, etc etc, didn’t see him leave at the end of 2018.

Like Gutherson (who never left), he is living back on the Northern Beaches.

Last edited:
Fox are showing highlights from the top 20 GF this arvo ..... The 1973 is currently on.

Footy the way it used to be ...... love it.

Manly winning and some biff.

Don't know about the game but it'd be bloody good for me!
You know the NRL would love to have Parramatta win the comp. I could careless who wins but in my mind Eels losing would be dreadful for those fans who have been waiting for 36 years and those who weren't born when Eels last won the competition.

You can see it a mile off all the 50/50 decisions will go parra's way.

Wouldn't surprise me if a ref decision decides the game tomorrow.
You know the NRL would love to have Parramatta win the comp. I could careless who wins but in my mind Eels losing would be dreadful for those fans who have been waiting for 36 years and those who weren't born when Eels last won the competition.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8