Grand Final Entertainment (AKA: 'The SSM Debate Thread')

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only if you have an opinion that's different to theirs. Welcome to the future. As a related aside, I noticed an article today about a State in the US where the left is seeking to overturn legislation that gives people an exemption from participating in SSM ceremonies on religious grounds. Which of course is typical left - you have no right to a belief system which differs from ours, and we will seek to enforce that through the law. That State already has SSM of course - but again, as is typical of the left, they always want more. Kind of makes the argument being used here that such religious freedoms will be protected under SSM somewhat hollow doesn't it.
It's typical of both sides to always want more.

I don't trust the right as much as i don't trust the left, just in this instance i lean right.

I would never vote Liberal --- as they have zero idea about economic management.

The Libs have done so well to promote this brainwashed point of view that they do have magic abilities in this regard.

Well it was in the SMH, so you are probably right Rex. And just like the left, they were actually pitching it as good news - forcing ministers of religion to marry SSM couples in a church against their beliefs. What a wonderful place the future is going to be.
You crack me up! Who is this Rex you speak of, another of your imaginary playmates?? You are losing your grip on reality Terry, the delusions and hallucinations are taking over. The voices.. are telling me.. what's happening. Build a wall. Grab em on the pussy. Mexicans will pay. OMG

Anybody with half a brain would be concerned about the path we are going down. Which explains why you think it's the right track.
Path of equality seems fine to me but let me guess things were much better in your day?

Grammar is not my strong point but i tend to find the lowest kind of individuals lack interesting engaging content, focusing on grammar as a comeback mechanism even when there is no confusion to the point being made.
The point you have made is that people should only screw and fall in love with (etc) people of the opposite sex, or if not that's fine but they don't deserve equal treatment before the law. A point well made, but I disagree.

The point you have made is that people should only screw and fall in love with (etc) people of the opposite sex, or if not that's fine but they don't deserve equal treatment before the law. A point well made, but I disagree.
1.Where did i ever state the above in these threads.
2.Equal treatment before the law in relation to what?

People can fall in love with whoever they wish and have the same legal rights as married couples without defining such a relationship as "Marriage"

In the same way Gay defines one style of relationship, Lesbian defines another style and straight another.

Last edited:
1.Where did i ever state the above in these threads.
2.Equal treatment before the law in relation to what?

People can fall in love with whoever they wish and have the same legal rights as married couples without defining such a relation as "Marriage"

In the same way Gay defines one style of relationship, Lesbian defines another style and straight another.
I know you have stated this TC but in the absence of any convincing citations to the contrary, the whole point (indeed) is that the relationship defined as marriage does entail certain legal rights.

I know you have stated this TC but in the absence of any convincing citations to the contrary, the whole point (indeed) is that the relationship defined as marriage does entail certain legal rights.
No you have convinced yourself i have stated this---i have my own personal opinions on what i feel is right or wrong from a personal standpoint----but i never ever tell anyone how to live their life.

I have stated i am in favour to discriminate/prioritize adoption for straight couples but not against same sex couples from adopting.

So create the same legal rights for "all" non traditional marriages/relationships---why is the changing of a definition required?

So create the same legal rights for "all" non traditional marriages/relationships---why is the changing of a definition required?
For the reason I stated, there are legal consequences to a 'marriage'. Also, and probably even more importantly, it would denote official acceptance of same sex relationships. As to which - is Ian Roberts the only gay bloke to ever play rugby league? Or, just the bravest?

For the reason I stated, there are legal consequences to a 'marriage'. Also, and probably even more importantly, it would denote official acceptance of same sex relationships. As to which - is Ian Roberts the only gay bloke to ever play rugby league? Or, just the bravest?
You have lost me in relation to "legal consequences to a marriage" create these same consequences outside marriage.

Maybe,but making mass generalizations from those observations(your own circle) suggests you have drawn conclusions from them.Whether it is personal or impersonal,you have tallied results.
Yes i make mass generalizations based off life experiences and observations as life is too short to not be efficient with ones time, in saying that i always keep a "an exception to the rule" flexibility.

Well, in my day, primary school kids weren't forced to role-play same sex marriages, celebrate the gay lifestyle or taught about sex toys. But its all just about equality right?
It is interesting that my primary school child has not experienced any of that.
Or are you talking about the nsw safe schools program which has already been finished up in NSW? Or are you talking about the need for sex education to deal with a changing world (in terms of what children are exposed too and how they should be taught to deal with it etc which has fundamentally changed in the last 5 years let alone since “our day”)

It is interesting that my primary school child has not experienced any of that.
Or are you talking about the nsw safe schools program which has already been finished up in NSW? Or are you talking about the need for sex education to deal with a changing world (in terms of what children are exposed too and how they should be taught to deal with it etc which has fundamentally changed in the last 5 years let alone since “our day”)
Why has the world "fundamentally" and all of a sudden changed in the last 5 years?(comes across as being forced/manipulated/agenda driven)

I'm talking about the experience in Canada after they voted for SSM. They too were hoodwinked with simplistic slogans, and are now living to regret their naivety. Im talking about the Canadian man who has just lost a lengthy court battle where he sought to remove his child from the equivalent "safe schools" program. Welcome to the future, where parents are forced by law to have to sit back and have their children exposed to LGBTI brainwashing.
Do you have a link? As for brainwashing I believe there is a difference between information and brainwashing - and it is important that children are educated at the right time (I am no expert here as to when that is)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4