Green signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Neither here nor there on this one, he has experience and will prove solid foil for DCE, in this day and age its very tough to have two superstar halves

He be our certain 5/8 starter next year the hopefully Wright and Hyne are heaping pressure on him in 2018
Yeah he can play 5/8 in 2017 and 18 and help mentor Hynes, Wright and Cust until one is ready to play FG.

He's been coached by the best. and played with some of the best, so I think Green is a sensible signing. He may not be a star at Melbourne, but neither was Widdop. At least he'll know what it takes to win and is coming from a very professional culture.
He's a much better investment - at half the price - than that dropkick Corey Norman.

I'd up and extend Tom and Jakes contract before wasting 350k on a nothing
So we'll have Jake play 5/8 next year while paying him $1,500,000..? Ok cool.

You realise we have a heap of guys coming off contract and we still need to field a side next year, not to mention we have a need for a 5/8?

Considering what Keary went for, 350PA for two years is good business.

Neither here nor there on this one, he has experience and will prove solid foil for DCE, in this day and age its very tough to have two superstar halves

He will be our certain 5/8 starter next year then hopefully Wright and Hynes are heaping pressure on him in 2018
Nico, Tom - make sure you put "Blacktown" into your GPS when you head to training...

You realise we have a heap of guys coming off contract and we still need to field a side next year, not to mention we have a need for a 5/8?

Yes green is a solid buy and came well priced we need to save some money for Jake T and Tom T aswell as our other young guns like AFB, Knight, Buhrer, Meehan, Parker ect.

Yes green is a solid buy and came well priced we need to save some money for Jake T and Tom T aswell as our other young guns like AFB, Knight, Buhrer, Meehan, Parker ect.
Considering all our expensive guys are coming off their deals over the next two seasons, there will be plenty of coin around to do that.

If people thought Tooves signed him would there be any grumbling?

Kermit.png

This guy?

I have mixed feelings about this (if it's true). In one respect, he is the definition of average and he'll be 30 in September this year. On the other hand, he is a mistake free half with a competent kicking and running game who will not let us down.

Maybe this signing doesn't need to have a black and white appraisal...it's not good and it's not bad, much like the player himself...it's simply OK.

For the price Green's a reasonable purchase. With retirements we'll have a fair bit to spend I'd like to see them put it to upgrading Jake and Tom and any other young guns but looking at the results of the lowers maybe we don't have many.
So buy someone else's after we look after our own.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7