Green VS Hodko

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Before Hodgko steps out on Sat night, whats the Silvertails consensus??
Varied opinions are healthy so get it out there.
Personally feel a healthy Hodgko offers similar game management skills.
Green is a tad quicker - but for their role, not of super importance.
Hodgko a far stronger defender, particularly in tight....though Hodgko can get beaten outside more.
Kicking game similar, though Hodgko clearly better at goal kicking and a top shelf FG exponent.
Passing also about level and both go to the line which is good.
Vision again even between the 2 imo.
If this proves true - the big loss of Green is no more.

On strong healthy legs I would rate Hodko well ahead of Green .... on his current legs I would rate them as very similar ....

Apart from any direction he brings .... the biggy to me is both an attacking option inside the red zone and 5th tackle options ...

Before Hodgko steps out on Sat night, whats the Silvertails consensus??
Varied opinions are healthy so get it out there.
Personally feel a healthy Hodgko offers similar game management skills.
Green is a tad quicker - but for their role, not of super importance.
Hodgko a far stronger defender, particularly in tight....though Hodgko can get beaten outside more.
Kicking game similar, though Hodgko clearly better at goal kicking and a top shelf FG exponent.
Passing also about level and both go to the line which is good.
Vision again even between the 2 imo.
If this proves true - the big loss of Green is no more.
I think Hodko offers a lot of chat and by all accounts is just a fantastic bloke for around the club. I reckon hodko has a better long kicking game than green as well. Green is a speed bump and not a particularly big or effective one. Hodko is definitely a defensive upgrade.

They are very similar players.

Agree that defensively hodko is better, and his goal kicking is a plus. Overall he is on par or an upgrade.

The big difference is green had a year playing alongside DCE and the left side combination. That is something that takes time to develop and is valuable.

Hodko will get there, it will take some time though.

Hodko (no g) is a calming influence on any Team he plays in.

The SOO games he played showed how calm he is under pressure.:nod:

Green could not be relied upon to chase points. Whilst his short kicks did help immensely in getting Manly repeat sets :clap:

It will be interesting to watch the new dynamics in our Team with all players back in their preferred spots :)

One big bonus I see from Hodko is his personality off the field. It is well documented what a class individual he is and in a very young team, I believe he could play a Ben Kennedy style mentor role off the field and help rebuilt a modern Manly culture.

Skills wise he is equal, if not slightly ahead, of Green.

Provided his knees hold out, I have a good feeling about this signing.

What impresses me about Hodko is that he played and highly contributed in a very rare NSW winning SOO series the toughest and most competitive game of all in 2014 . Since then he has lost agility and speed but mentally he would be the sharpest tool in the shed in our team as far as game management goes . We also have a goal kicker that we didn't have in Green . IMO Green is no loss now that we have Hodko.
In conclusion..........
A one legged Hodko is as good if not better then Green on two legs .
p1082576721-3.jpg

One big bonus I see from Hodko is his personality off the field. It is well documented what a class individual he is and in a very young team, I believe he could play a Ben Kennedy style mentor role off the field and help rebuilt a modern Manly culture.

Skills wise he is equal, if not slightly ahead, of Green.

Provided his knees hold out, I have a good feeling about this signing.

The Brookie turf!!!!!! @:worried:

I don't care who's better just happy we have a real 5/8. Hopefully doesn't take more then a couple of weeks to gel in with the team. We don't seem to run any set plays so that should be fine

I think he will be an awesome asset in terms of his character and temperament. As others have said he is a top bloke, cool, and doesn't get flustered. Kicking game is A1. His composure is exactly what DCE needs beside him, allow DCE to be a bit headless and X-Factorish, and Hodko steers the ship.

The negative will be whether or not his body can handle it from week to week. Regardless, welcome home! Up here in the Hunter he was loved by the Newcastle faithful because of his off-field activities, he is like Brent Kite and Matt Ballin, absolute class.

I think Hodkinson will add heaps to the team but it might take a few weeks for him to settle into our play structures. He’ll certainly add some variety, which we’ve missed since Green left.

Hodko (no g) is a calming influence on any Team he plays in.

The SOO games he played showed how calm he is under pressure.:nod:

Green could not be relied upon to chase points. Whilst his short kicks did help immensely in getting Manly repeat sets :clap:

It will be interesting to watch the new dynamics in our Team with all players back in their preferred spots :)
Thank you @HappilyManly . Are we all on board with Hodko ?(predictive text will throw the 'g', in so beware!). We have to get our priorities right.

The only upside I can see with Green is he was very very good at getting repeat sets.

I haven’t watched Trent closely for some time but I’d be surprised if he was as good as Blake for those.

But everything else Trent comes out on top, and despite the knees he’s a few years younger as well!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8