Green.....well fmd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another nuffie win for Mundine. Will he ever face someone who rates above a RSL fight night?

But the best news last night was Carl Webb being smacked. There are plenty who are happy to pay to see that! :)

Josh Massoud From: The Daily Telegraph
"THERE was no glorious ride into the sunset last night for Cowboy Carl Webb, whose pro boxing debut ended in an exhausted TKO to unknown heavyweight Scott Lewis.

The Campbelltown forklift driver looked set for a short shift when Webb exploded during the opening exchanges, but the North Queensland enforcer ran out of gas thanks partly to a farcical timekeeping stuff-up.

Instead of lasting the scheduled two minutes, the rounds were extended a further 60 seconds without notice - and Webb's ring rust was simply too heavy to go the distance.

The four-round fight was stopped a second short of the third bell, with a punched-out Webb barely able to raise his fists after he narrowly survived a standing count.

Lewis - who has spent time in prison and earns $21 an hour - leapt for joy after claiming a high profile scalp that none of the 12,000 fans at the Sydney Entertainment Centre gave him a chance of winning. But the crowd was well and truly in his corner during the closing stages, chanting "NSW, NSW, NSW" as the Maroons Origin star reeled.

A former Queensland junior amateur champ, Webb began with plenty of pedigree and it seemed a matter of time before he followed fellow NRL boxing converts John Hopoate, Solomon Haumono and Sonny Bill Williams into a comfortable first-up win.

The 27-year-old's jab led the way, and some powerful right uppercuts had Lewis on the backfoot for most of the first round.

But the former Narellan Jets prop soaked up Webb's punishment, which diminished in intensity as the round unexpectedly went beyond the advertised distance.

Webb still had some juice left at the start of the second round, but spent it without a knock-down in his favour.

And that's when Lewis climbed off the canvas.

He struck Webb cleanly for the first time in the dying stages of the second with a combination that had the favoured fighter wobbling to his corner.

During the break, esteemed trainer Johnny Lewis could sense Webb's reserves were empty and pleaded: "Carl ... this is going to take some guts this round."

He tried, but was simply too tired to produce.

Drawing on his superior boxing experience, the southpaw hit Webb cleanly and regularly with some decent combinations.

They were more than enough to leave Webb on the ropes for the first time - and when the referee gave him a standing count less than a minute into the third the upset was sealed.

Although neither boxer had the energy to land a strong blow for the rest of the round, Lewis pushed Webb to exhaustion with a short left right on the bell that left the referee with no choice but declare the fight - and possibly Webb's comeback to the ring - over."

Watched the lead up fights on the Contender show but wasn't going to shell out $50.00 on PPV to watch Mundane dance around for 12 rounds against another hack. Saw the highlights and as usual Mundane looked slick and quick and was a class above (as you'd expect given the opposition and the failure of Mundane to make the agreed weight), but still couldn't knock him out. Of course post-fight he was his gracious self and totally disrespected his opponent and then proclaimed that he is ready to go overseas to hunt bigger fish. LOL.....we've been waiting 5 years for you to prove yourself against quality opposition, don't let fear hold you back you goose. By the way he is still the "best" in case you were wondering.

His next quality opponent is the winner of the Contender series, an ex footy player with something like 8 fights to his name, who tackled his way to a points decision last night in an embarrassing cuddle fest. That'll really test The Man and put him on the map as he tries to secure a fight overseas......."I'm the best baby" will be ringing out after that fight as well no doubt.

Biggest disappointment last night was we were robbed of the opportunity of watching Nader Hamden getting his dial cleaned after a stray headbutt stopped the fight in the first round. That Junior guy looked the most likely out of all the Contenders but got shafted out of the show, and he looked primed last night to do a job on Hamden. He would have been a better opponent for Mundane, but conspiracy theorists might join the dots between Mundanes involvement in the show and the quality of the eventual winner. 

Mata - keep repeating the same inaccurate facts and someone will be believe you some time.

However, in Australia we don't support self professed sporting 'heroes' especially when they really don't deserve the plaudits.

And don't pull the predictable race card either. Mundane is a smart operator but he is no champion and can't be considered one until he earns it. (Just like he was never a Rugby League great - just a player with huge potential that never proved himself.)

Hopoate v Cameron has been announced, I think Cameron will be out of Hoppa's league and he may cop another beating

Well CW you have insinuated he has beaten nobody of note, and that would include Green and his paper mache fists I guess.

Manly beat the Storm in 2008, but I doubt you will find anyone who admits they have been the better side out of the 2 over the past 5 years.

Same example can be used for Mundine and Green.

I am no fan of Green and don't have any time at all for Mundine who is everything that is wrong about sport and Aboriginal Australia.

Canteen Worker link said:
I am no fan of Green and don't have any time at all for Mundine who is everything that is wrong about sport and Aboriginal Australia.
  Yes, those boongs ought to know their subjugated place, shouldn't they?

Whilst you are out fishing Mata you might like to ask yourself what race Cathy Freeman belongs to? An tool is a tool no matter what race to wich they belong!!!

And we all know what Mundine had to say about Freeman's kowtowing to white straya.  Spot on methinks.

The train wreck that is John Hopoate's sporting career continues

Hoppa disaqualified in bizarre boxing bout
By Ron Reed
March 19, 2010 Australia's most bizarre - not to say disgraceful - sporting career might finally have ended in total farce in Melbourne last night.

John Hopoate was disqualified in round two of a heavyweight fight against New Zealand's Shane Cameron for making almost no attempt to punch, preferring to wrestle and lean on his opponent.

Hopoate, 36, who took up boxing four years ago after being thrown out of rugby league for poking his finger in opposition players' backsides, among other unsavoury incidents, had won 12 of 16 fights, but been knocked out in two of his past three.

He stormed out of the ring after being disqualified, but announcer Howard Leigh demanded he explain himself.

"It's not a situation I like but I'm getting used to things not going my way," Hopoate said.
Experienced referee Malcolm Bulmer quickly lost patience, saying: "This is boxing, not wrestling."

Former world champion Barry Michael, who promoted the fight at Flemington racecourse, was furious, even though he was also in Cameron's corner.

"I have a lot of respect for Malcolm Bulmer but I think he's made the wrong decision," Michael said. "This is a professional fight, not a tickling match."

I really hope that young William has some decent role model in his sporting life because his Dad is a not someone you'd want to emulate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6