• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A Mathematician, a Physicist, and an astronomer were travelling north by train. They had just crossed the border into Scotland, when the Astronomer looked out of the window and saw a single black sheep in the middle of a field. "All Scottish sheep are black," he remarked. "No, my friend," replied the Physicist, "Some Scottish sheep are black." At which point the Mathematician looked up from his paper and glanced out the window. After a few second's thought he said blandly: "In Scotland, there exists at least one field, in which there exists at least one sheep, at least one side of which is black."

I wonder if Silvertails scientific minds are smarter than these guys? The one sided black sheep in a Scottish field debate v this kind of science would be a hoot.

There is some wonderful facts in this article. It's enough to make the lower levels of the science spectrum (high school teachers and the like) curl into a fetal position with a banana in hand.
Jesus you and I have vastly different opinions on what facts are if that article is what you are setting as an example mate.

I wonder if Silvertails scientific minds are smarter than these guys? The one sided black sheep in a Scottish field debate v this kind of science would be a hoot.
The sheep example is not a debate! It is an example of how science can work.
Search for answers using mathematics and you get a mathematical answer. Search with physics and you will get an answer to suit.
Search with philosophy and a philosophical answer will be found.
Search through religion and guess what? You will get a religious answer.

Jesus you and I have vastly different opinions on what facts are if that article is what you are setting as an example mate.
What are the inaccuracies in the article? Please do lay them out for me. I'm very happy to have you correct them, and set me straight in the process.

Search for answers using mathematics and you get a mathematical answer. Search with physics and you will get an answer to suit.
Oh okay, thanks for that. What was I thinking? Listening to this bunch of fools.

What are the inaccuracies in the article? Please do lay them out for me. I'm very happy to have you correct them, and set me straight in the process.
Where are the observable, repeatable applications of his proof of the intelligence that he references other than in his book that he loves to mention?
Just because he says it points to it does not mean he can present it. Saying it must be there is not enough.

I understand the inference of the sheep parable - I'd just love to see you use it in an attempt to discard what science has uncovered these past few decades.

I understand the inference of the sheep parable - I'd just love to see you use it in an attempt to discard what science has uncovered these past few decades.
Fair enough Kevin, to me, you sometimes come across as not understanding how science works in that it is a search for knowledge not a bunch of set in stone "facts".
Things are observed then tested and re-tested and that process forms our knowledge. It's not the be all and end all.
The example you had that was going to have teachers in fetal position didn't really prove anything and while it pointed to and idea, it can't say what the thing is.

Where are the observable, repeatable applications of his proof of the intelligence that he references other than in his book that he loves to mention?
Just because he says it points to it does not mean he can present it. Saying it must be there is not enough.
Okay, life just occurred randomly then. There is no point in discussing this any further. Most educated people today will at least agree that intelligent design is present in abundance throughout the universe. They don't necessarily believe in God. Many good discussions can transpire from there.

But now and then, someone will come along and say that chance and randomness are behind everything. There is no point in continuing any further. Have a great day.

Challenge Thumbs Up GIF

Fair enough Kevin, to me, you sometimes come across as not understanding how science works in that it is a search for knowledge not a bunch of set in stone "facts".
Things are observed then tested and re-tested and that process forms our knowledge. It's not the be all and end all.
The example you had that was going to have teachers in fetal position didn't really prove anything and while it pointed to an idea, it can't say what the thing is.
Science most certainly can uncover factual evidence. The second law of thermodynamics, for example. Everything descends from order to chaos. Things wear out - there is no disputing the matter. Except in evolution, where random mutations produce a superior species.

And further work can change what we know.
Yes, we can know more about a fact. You're previous post was incorrect in implying science isn't interested in searching for factual evidence. I think you might be getting theory and truth muddled. Both exist in the realms of science.

knowledge
/ˈnɒlɪdʒ/
facts, information, and skills acquired through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
"a thirst for knowledge"

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7