Gutho off contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ShanghaiEagle

North Manly Eagle Nowadays
I know this has been debated quite a bit, but Gutho is off-contract next year at the Eels. He would be a great get for us at centre, can fill in at 5/8 or fullback, and I think he is still at heart a Manly lad. With things not looking too promising for Dylan, this could be an obvious recruitment play.

Wouldn't mind seeing him return but can't see it happening IMO. He'll only go somewhere that can offer him the Fb position. Don't think we can do that with turbo and hoppa coming through. Plus with his injury record I'd say it won't happen

Local junior and good first grade footballer ..... want him back ...... but ..

But serious question .... he is now a club captain and an experieneced fullback,winger,centre and 5/8 ....... how much would you be prepared to offer him?

Would you pay him fullback or 5/8 money ? .. would he ever be as good as Turbo or Hoppa jnr .... would he ever be the best player in those positions ?

Would you just offer him utility money?

Local junior and good first grade footballer ..... want him back ...... but ..

But serious question .... he is now a club captain and an experieneced fullback,winger,centre and 5/8 ....... how much would you be prepared to offer him?

Would you pay him fullback or 5/8 money ? .. would he ever be as good as Turbo or Hoppa jnr .... would he ever be the best player in those positions ?

Would you just offer him utility money?
I'd offer him what ever we had ,which is probably whatever we get compensated for Walker.So that would be last minute centre money !!

He is a handy utilty player, no question.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

And not worth his asking price these days. If he had stayed , then probably a different story.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Reuben Garrick
03. Clinton Gutherson
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Very fast backline. I love it.

I'd offer him what ever we had ,which is probably whatever we get compensated for Walker.So that would be last minute centre money !!
You would be paying him Dylan's centre money ... may not be enough. My read of him, no inside info, is that he was very dirty to be pushed out at Manly, but does want to come back and would take something of a discount to play at Manly again. He is from the areas and has friends at the club.

I may be completely wrong, and maybe it doesn't stack up. I do think he is a very talented player (similar or more talented than Dylan - although obviously with different skills) and would add a lot to the backline. Injury prone history is an issue, but worth the risk in my view.

This should not even be up for debate. Look at our roster !! Assuming no Dylan we have easily the least depth and class in the three quarters and five eight area of any club in the comp. Most of our guys wouldn’t be considered as starters anywhere else.

The price matters of course but he is streets ahead of anyone we have at the club right now in those positions.

the kid has x factor, that is for sure. And we need that in attack cause we don't have much going on last year.

This should not even be up for debate. Look at our roster !! Assuming no Dylan we have easily the least depth and class in the three quarters and five eight area of any club in the comp. Most of our guys wouldn’t be considered as starters anywhere else.

The price matters of course but he is streets ahead of anyone we have at the club right now in those positions.

Brief snippet mate, but Garrick looks outstanding.
By all accounts, Hopoate should be a goer.
Taufua looked okay in his trial.
T Trbojevic is outstanding (Australian rep)
DCE is the current Australian half
Elgey I believe has a heap of potential.

Walker should be okay until at least May, and for mine, that's not a bad backline.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Brief snippet mate, but Garrick looks outstanding.
By all accounts, Hopoate should be a goer.
Taufua looked okay in his trial.
T Trbojevic is outstanding (Australian rep)
DCE is the current Australian half
Elgey I believe has a heap of potential.

Walker should be okay until at least May, and for mine, that's not a bad backline.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Hoppa won’t be playing first grade till later in season and Walker is gone

Parker Elliott or Suli go in . Reassessment ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8