Half way - report card

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just to get some balance ...

I wonder how Roosters supporters would judge their season ? .. Has Robbo lost it ?

Or Penrith supporters after being beaten by Tigers and Parra ?

Or Cowboys supporters .. do they still think Payten is the coach of the year ?

To answer your question SER8 ... this year defies rational analysis ..

With a firing Turbo, and Jurbo, DCE and The Shoe in the 13 we are a top four team. We showed that last week against Canberra. Without them we are a bottom four team which we showed against Newcastle.

I wonder how Roosters supporters would judge their season ? .. Has Robbo lost it ?

Roosters is definitely a fail with the squad they have… Cowboys is a disaster - seriously wtf is going on in Townsville after being so good last year?

As for the riff, I would love for Manly to have the ‘problems’ that they have… they can’t play in the wet but it rarely rains on their parade in September….

Manly 2023 are a frustrating team.
I feel the biggest problem, is the gap between best and worst form.
At our best we are a 8/10 team, but our worst is like a 2/10
As opposed to the yardstick Penrith side who are 9/10 at best, but still a 7/10 when down on form, meaning they can still win games when below their best.
What we have in our favour this season, is the fact it's such a contested comp.
I think at full strength we come home and make the 8 from here.
Personally disappointed with our position mid comp and also many players who have failed to fire.
Yet to blame the coaching staff who I feel have made the side just seem a little fluent and fact is, often take several games to adapt to new structures ect.
The fact a few players seem unmotivated is true, but I don't buy that this is any coaching issue, these blokes at this level should be self motivated, it's 100% on the players and blaming a coach is a cop out imo.

A few interesting questions you ask feathered friend @Woodsie

How would the rooster supporters judge their season ?
The roosters season is not over and Robbo has the opportunity to Restore

How do Penrith judge their season after defeats by tigers and eels ?
They are still on top of the comp and would be happy being comp leaders

Do the Cowboys fans still think Payten is coach of the year ?
Payten has the second half of the season to given his fans reason to think so

The moral of the story
At the end of the year NRL Clubs will either
Meet expectations
Exceed Expectations
or Underachieve
And coaches are only as great as their last great season
And this is the reason feathered friends why our Yesterdays Hero( 2011) Des is no longer with us

Manly 2023 are a frustrating team.
I feel the biggest problem, is the gap between best and worst form.
At our best we are a 8/10 team, but our worst is like a 2/10
As opposed to the yardstick Penrith side who are 9/10 at best, but still a 7/10 when down on form, meaning they can still win games when below their best.
What we have in our favour this season, is the fact it's such a contested comp.
I think at full strength we come home and make the 8 from here.
Personally disappointed with our position mid comp and also many players who have failed to fire.
Yet to blame the coaching staff who I feel have made the side just seem a little fluent and fact is, often take several games to adapt to new structures ect.
The fact a few players seem unmotivated is true, but I don't buy that this is any coaching issue, these blokes at this level should be self motivated, it's 100% on the players and blaming a coach is a cop out imo.
The coaching staff according to you my friend Maxta are not accountable for a teams performance ?
The coaching staff have no influence over players and Impact on their performances ?
Accountability is all on the players ?

Maybe clubs should not go chasing Great coaches like Bennet and Belamy and save them selves a few dollars

C minus

We have played well 3 times in 12 games. 1 in 4 is not good enough.
The difference between our best and our worst is too great.

Can we win 8 out of our last 12 games?

If we can't, we will not make the semi's.

B- for me should be higher but with injuries the team just can’t play consistently I think Seibold said they have only played the same 17 twice this year , If they can start putting the same side out week in week out it should be a better 2nd 1/2 of the comp but if it continues they will stay the same spot and miss the 8

The coaching staff have no influence over players and Impact on their performances ?
Accountability is all on the players ?

Maybe clubs should not go chasing Great coaches like Bennet and Belamy and save them selves a few dollars
You my friend like to twist and change ppls post ....for some weird reason
Not once did I mention coaches have no impact on a team's or players performance.
I reiterate, these are paid professionals doing a job and the energy and attitude comes from within.
Players like Munster, Cleary, Hynes would be pi**ed off hearing you pretend they turn up red hot every week because of their coach....their energy and competitive nature comes from within them, regardless of what you think.

I think so far we have underachieved. I like the new coaching staff however obviously they were never going to be better than Des and his team especially as this year they only came on board in Nov or Dec.

Everyone knows it was only a political decision to remove Des.

Hopefully the new coaching staff get some luck and some results as we have also suffered from some terrible officiating this year which I may add Des also had to put up with.

C- or D at this stage.

Seem on track for a bottom four finish or a scrap for 8-10. I get the sense that there isnt much pressure to do good this year. The players aren’t exactly on the same page and close enough appears to be good enough (even though we are less close than last year, which was less close than the year before). I think we are underperforming more this season so far and there’s a few regular issues but is pretty hard to pinpoint the causes some weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few interesting questions you ask feathered friend @Woodsie

How would the rooster supporters judge their season ?
The roosters season is not over and Robbo has the opportunity to Restore

How do Penrith judge their season after defeats by tigers and eels ?
They are still on top of the comp and would be happy being comp leaders

Do the Cowboys fans still think Payten is coach of the year ?
Payten has the second half of the season to given his fans reason to think so

The moral of the story
At the end of the year NRL Clubs will either
Meet expectations
Exceed Expectations
or Underachieve
And coaches are only as great as their last great season
And this is the reason feathered friends why our Yesterdays Hero( 2011) Des is no longer with us
The big elephant in the room is that those teams aren't in any danger of being culled as surplus to requirements when it comes to the teams in Sydney. If Manly keep underperforming, the NRL will have every reason to bring up the relocation or Northern Eagles argument again.

Yeah I gave a B but after reading some other opinions I now think C
If we were on 18 points we'd be A (not A+ because they've lost 4 games)
16 points would be A - or B +
14 would be B
13 ... C!! Only 1 point out of the 8 ... yet we are actually in 11th spot.

Yeah I gave a B but after reading some other opinions I now think C
If we were on 18 points we'd be A (not A+ because they've lost 4 games)
16 points would be A - or B +
14 would be B
13 ... C!! Only 1 point out of the 8 ... yet we are actually in 11th spot.
I havent actually looked at the ladder in some time. There’s no doubt that the closeness of the competition gives us every chance to fire into contention out of nowhere. At the same time, we are lucky it has been a close competition because it is taking a while for the team to show some glimpses (and there hasnt been too many drastic squad changes to warrant it imo)

Very disappointed so far! Was expecting more from the new coaching staff. It seems no different to recent years. Truly hoping to be in a position at years end where I am praising the new coaching staff.

I havent actually looked at the ladder in some time. There’s no doubt that the closeness of the competition gives us every chance to fire into contention out of nowhere. At the same time, we are lucky it has been a close competition because it is taking a while for the team to show some glimpses (and there hasnt been too many drastic squad changes to warrant it imo)
Yeah, I haven't paid a lot of attention to the ladder and the points we're on either, but seeing as though it's right there on the right-hand side of this page, I took a look. We're eight points from the top, five points from the bottom, and obviously there'll be some movement over the second half of the competition. But the questions I'm asking myself are these: Are we better than any of the 10 teams ahead of us? Which teams are going to drop out of the eight for us to get in? And really, how much better are we than any of the six sides below us?

Isnt that what Penn has done.

Barrett - Rookie, talked up by Gus so he get him out of Riff system. Cheap

Hasler - Sacked at previous club and desperate for a job. Cheap.

Seibold - Sacked at previous club and desperate for a job. Cheap.

Isnt that what Penn has done.

Barrett - Rookie, talked up by Gus so he get him out of Riff system. Cheap

Hasler - Sacked at previous club and desperate for a job. Cheap.

Seibold - Sacked at previous club and desperate for a job. Cheap.
Wasn’t des on close to $1M per?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6