Halves v Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd go with Jamie at 5/8, I agree this might just kick start getting him more involved. Let's not forget he won a premiership playing there.

Stevo said:
Esi Tonga was brought up earlier in the year. What's to say he won't be brought up again if Lyon goes to 6?

I always thought of Tonga as a centre but he has now been shifted to the wing in NSW cup. Even taking injuries into account I would think that he should have held his spot in the centres.

I'd like to see Chisolm given a go, he's done really well in the NSW Cup games I've seen and is actually a proper half.

Manly To Win! said:
I'd like to see Chisolm given a go, he's done really well in the NSW Cup games I've seen and is actually a proper half.

Agree

Chiz is a half back and kicks 40/20s and goals:angel:

Loved watching his Dad and the Kiddie has already been chosen to play for France in the World Cup :angel:

Long shots, but I reckon either Snake or Hiku could handle playing five eighth.
If it were up to me though, I'd put Jamie Buhrer there and move Foz to half.

I have to say i'm not completely against Brett Stewart being given a crack at 5/8. Darren Lockyer style.

Snake at 5/8 worries me. I think he has the ability to be sensational there but I'm worried that his body isn't up to the hammering he is sure to cop when he's that close to the action.

I don't think he would take the position off Foran, Frank but i don't think it would be a catastrophic decision to play him there when injury, suspension or rep duties come calling.

He could do a job for Manly there, no doubt. But the thing is that if you have Brett Stewart in your team then he's playing fullback all the way (breather stints on the wing notwithstanding).

If Cherry can't go I'd like to see Chisholm called up to play in the 7. No need to make more changes than necessary.

I would rather move Snake to 6 and have Hiku play full back than move Lyon to 6 and no one to play centre.

Stevo said:
I don't think he would take the position off Foran, Frank but i don't think it would be a catastrophic decision to play him there when injury, suspension or rep duties come calling.

I wasn't talking about a full time switch. Foz is the best and I wouldn't swap him for anyone. Even as a temp half snake worries me. He seems to be getting relatively fragile these days. I would hate for him to be out for 8 weeks and then get injured again soon after returning. I think other options are best explored.

Fair enough. I don't remember Darren Lockyer being a defensive weapon though. Can't be much worse for the body defending at 6 than it can be kick returning from full back.

Stevo said:
Fair enough. I don't remember Darren Lockyer being a defensive weapon though. Can't be much worse for the body defending at 6 than it can be kick returning from full back.

True but snake has never been a flat out kick returner. The only gripe I've ever had about snake was that he was a bit shy on his kick returns. That's best left for Wolfie and Jorge anyway.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7