Has the DCE deal got us in a hole for 10 years?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing is for sure he needs to learn a lot about leadership and captaincy. That was evident last year and it hasn’t improved this year.

Cherry is not a natural leader, but is an adequate Captain.

No single player can lead a team through the mess Manly has become - it will take a core group of senior players to stand up for that.

And for the love of GOD please get some recent ex Manly players into Mentor/coaching roles to help Twenty get with the program!!

Who would take him for anything more than 800k?

Lets see;

So Titans (bye Kane)
Knights (bye lamb)
Tigers (bye Benji)
Broncos (bye Kodi) and probably
Souffs (bye Sutto)

would all love a crack @ him around 900-1 mil from 19 on.

Hunt was in reserve grade @ his million dollar payday. Cherry is just lost without a forwards leader (Marty, Jake and AFB are regressing for some reason) and another game manager half.
:flogger:

I like chez but to inconsistant and why not an origin player. If we had cronk today a different outcome. Prob no offsides kicks out on full or loose forward passes.

His after game comment. As u can see I enjoy playing footy and smiles.....this prik has just had his ass smacked 3 weeks in a row and he says he likes playing footy and smiles again....what he is really saying he doesn't give a rats arse win or loose he enjoys getting paid.

I wouldn't be blaming DCE for signing such a lucrative contract. Blame the idiot who negotiated the deal for Manly.
Was it the same numbnut who signed Mr Plod? Does this fool still work at the club?

I wouldn't be blaming DCE for signing such a lucrative contract. Blame the idiot who negotiated the deal for Manly.
Was it the same numbnut who signed Mr Plod? Does this fool still work at the club?
That was my point when starting the thread. In fact, I've never had such a misunderstood thread as this one. Must have articulated badly!
I was simply trying to figure, in the wake of still paying Myles this year and not having Matai and Snake granted medical retirements, what the situation would be if, at some time in the 10 years, we wanted to move him on or he had to retire for medical reasons.

I just watched the pressor and didn't see DCE smiling. I thought both he and Trent looked shattered.

That was my point when starting the thread. In fact, I've never had such a misunderstood thread as this one. Must have articulated badly!
I was simply trying to figure, in the wake of still paying Myles this year and not having Matai and Snake granted medical retirements, what the situation would be if, at some time in the 10 years, we wanted to move him on or he had to retire for medical reasons.
8 year contract, not 10 - 2023 expiry.

Medical Insurance would pay out his full contract if Chez was unable to play, like any other player.

Manly would have to move him on for a greater value contract, like they do with all other players, if they wanted him gone

Manly did withdraw the 700k contract that Perry had tabled to Chez in 2014.

Then Kelly banked on Fiz and Chez got the financial benefit of Fiz finally admitting that he had already signed with Parra :cool:

Continually blaming a player for doubling his income is ludicrous :confused: #BestForHisFamily

I don't think it's dce, the problem is, we released green thinking we had Pearce in the bag, and were left with a couple of sh@t options at half instead.
Dce needs someone to control the game, he's at his best when he can pick teams apart at will and not worry about trying to set everything up by himself

THATS where our season went down the Sh!tter, the minute Pearce was tipped off to our plight and we were left with croker and hastings

Edit: just read Pearce is busted and out for 4 months.. So blessing in disguise maybe???

Last edited:
8 year contract, not 10 - 2023 expiry.

Medical Insurance would pay out his full contract if Chez was unable to play, like any other player.

Manly would have to move him on for a greater value contract, like they do with all other players, if they wanted him gone

Manly did withdraw the 700k contract that Perry had tabled to Chez in 2014.

Then Kelly banked on Fiz and Chez got the financial benefit of Fiz finally admitting that he had already signed with Parra :cool:

Continually blaming a player for doubling his income is ludicrous :confused: #BestForHisFamily
I couldn’t give 2 fuc$s how his contract came about.fact is it’s to long and too much. I do care that he is payed over 1.2mil to continually underperform. Look at his utter dismal performance today!!!!!

And again, only reason Myles was brought here was cause he was besties with your little chezza,to sweeten a already ludicrous deal.#ThxMybestieChezza

Just wondering, if it is the case that DCE is a divisive figure within the team, and given that his game is so rocks and diamonds, has this 10 year contract signalled our death knell?

From my understanding, it's a percentage of the cap, so there won't be any more space for the entire period. If we wanted to move him to another club, does that mean we'd have to pay a percentage of his contract for the entire period?
And, if he were to retire or have a career ending injury, would we still be hamstrung for such a massive percentage of the cap for the duration?
Pondering, 'cause I don't want to think about the game.

His contract terms hurt alot, his rocks and diamonds a bit less, but the Manly club screwed him around and he would be mad to not take their stupid money.

Give him a game managing foil, and he will win us many games. Give him a Croker and we end up where we are today.

Save this thread for 2022. Time will judge it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8