Hasler and Foran to Manly? I'm happy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be honest I don't particularly care if De$$ie comes back or not but all I have to add is this situation mirrors EXACTLY what happened in 2011. All the public talks of an extension while negotiating and eventually signing elsewhere.

Or that other Canadian philosopher, one of Winnipeg's finest, who so eloquently said it thus - Hmmmm Hmmmm Hmmmm....
or the other great Canadian philosopher, one of Montreal's finest who so eloquently put it
You were Marlon Brando,
I was Steve McQueen.
You were K.Y. Jelly,
I was Vaseline.

Foz will go where Eddie wants him to go ... Des will go to the highest bidder

Hasler under the pump

There are plenty of players in the NRL waiting to see where Des Hasler ends up in 2018 before signing any new contracts for 2018 and beyond.

Hasler is popular with many of the NRL’s big names and comes off contract at the end of the season.

The Bulldogs are considering a change of coach unless they have a strong season and Hasler has been freely linked with the Dragons.

Paul McGregor may have something to say about that, however, with his team putting on a stunning first round win over the Panthers.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles...d=838521237819150336&adbpl=tw&adbpr=236216311

Has this been posted? From Weedler.

We pretty much all assume that a Des/Bozo relationship won't work. Is Cleary starting to make moves to rustle feathers?

----
At the start of the year, Manly appointed a new chief executive, Tim Cleary, with the approval of chairman Scott Penn.

In recent weeks Cleary has decided to make his mark and take on club legend Bob Fulton head on. Cleary claimed his first victim during the week when Kristie Fulton, Bob's daughter, was told that she was no longer needed. This column has been told she was not given a reason for her sacking. Kristie started at the club looking after the juniors, but progressed into working in a more commercial role.

It is fair to say her removal did not go down well with her father, and he is sure to want her reinstated. Moves are already under way to make that happen. The problem is that Kristie's sacking came from the man running the club, Cleary, which will pit him head-to-head with Bob Fulton, the man who everyone thinks has the power at the club.

Fulton's sons, Brett and Scott, have ties to the club, and obviously Bob will have them in his corner. Fulton also has chief operating officer Neil Bare on his side.

Kristie's removal is a clear warning from Cleary that he has bigger targets in mind. He would have known the ramifications of her dismissal. It is worth noting that Fulton runs the football department and Cleary the administration, making Fulton a hard target, if that's Cleary's intention.

Don't be surprised if she moves towards a wrongful dismissal case.

Two members of the Manly football club are also on stress leave. But that has nothing to do with Kristie. The chief executive's personal assistant has also quit.

Penn is aware of what has happened and is known to be of the view that everybody needs to get on with things, as any professional organisation would.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ea-eagles-family-affairs-20170311-guw2sh.html

Channel 7 tonight had Hasler on the verge of signing a two year extension with the dogs. Looks like it might not be Des coming back to Manly if this is on the money.

I heard the ch 7 story but other reports suggest that Hasler will be resigned or not pending the outcome if the first 6 rounds.

It's interesting how the tide has turned from when he was with us. The dogs sacked cleal and a whole bunch of his staff, pulled his contract extension. The fans absolutely detest him and club legends like Turvey and Terry Lamb want him gone however he is desperate to stay there and has gone tail between his legs begging for a new deal like a little puppy.

When he was here the fans, the club legends and everyone loved him however the board just wanted a few kpi's after a poor 2010 so he chucked his toys and tried to destroy the place.

I heard the ch 7 story but other reports suggest that Hasler will be resigned or not pending the outcome if the first 6 rounds.

It's interesting how the tide has turned from when he was with us. The dogs sacked cleal and a whole bunch of his staff, pulled his contract extension. The fans absolutely detest him and club legends like Turvey and Terry Lamb want him gone however he is desperate to stay there and has gone tail between his legs begging for a new deal like a little puppy.

When he was here the fans, the club legends and everyone loved him however the board just wanted a few kpi's after a poor 2010 so he chucked his toys and tried to destroy the place.

As I recall it, Hasler wasnt considered one of the top coaches by the media until he left Manly and went to the Dogs. It was then that he became the golden coach. If he comes back to Manly he will probably be seen again by the media as just a good coach.

As I recall it, Hasler wasnt considered one of the top coaches by the media until he left Manly and went to the Dogs. It was then that he became the golden coach. If he comes back to Manly he will probably be seen again by the media as just a good coach.

He will be under the radar

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8