Hasler - this does get me riled.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
The source this comes from is the telegraph so it could be a beat up.

If it's true though, I recognise his great contribution to Manly, though I lose some respect.
Apparently when Hasler announced his decision to leave to the players on Friday night he told them 'Manly can only survive with one owner'.
He might believe this with good reason but his thought should be kept personal. He has no right to be poisoning the minds of the players wearing GF rings that they earned as Manly Sea Eagles.
That sucks Mr Hasler.

niccipops said:
The source this comes from is the telegraph so it could be a beat up.

If it's true though, I recognise his great contribution to Manly, though I lose some respect.
Apparently when Hasler announced his decision to leave to the players on Friday night he told them 'Manly can only survive with one owner'.
He might believe this with good reason but his thought should be kept personal. He has no right to be poisoning the minds of the players wearing GF rings that they earned as Manly Sea Eagles.
That sucks Mr Hasler.
The board of incompetent fools were in control or should i say out of control and they are the ones that have poisoned the club .They also poisoned our players as our players have lost all respect for them and dont talk to them . Great leaders create unity these faceless **** wits have created division.

Cambo said:
He's right. The sooner the Penn family has 100% control the better

We know that max wouldn't sell to Penn but why hasn't Penn bought out Quantum already?

tookey said:
Cambo said:

We know that max wouldn't sell to Penn but why hasn't Penn bought out Quantum already?

I assume there is a clause in the contract preventing re-sale to Penn ( at least for a period of time ) - I have no inside knowledge but it would make sense given the animosity that existed between Penn and Delmege etc - whats the point of Max refusing to sell to Penn but selling to a third party who could then onsell back to Penn - Max would have protected his interests ?? Thats not a knock it just seems perfect sense.

tookey said:
Cambo said:

Quantum are with Penn, why would he want to buy them out? For him they help share the debt, buying there share would cost him a load of capital and make him more liable for the debt and gives him no more control over the board.

Apart from being gutted by Hasler's decision I remain dedicated to him while he's at Manly and can't thank him enough for the good he's done. He does have some responsibility in not stirring up any further rifts.
I don't know much about the infighting at the board but understand there's lots of emergency work to be done and it needs to begin immediately.
This is one week after an awesome GF victory and all the fans are hearing is that our great club is being ripped apart.

Masked Eagle said:
tookey said:
Cambo said:

Quantum are with Penn, why would he want to buy them out? For him they help share the debt, buying there share would cost him a load of capital and make him more liable for the debt and gives him no more control over the board.

Penn and Quantum own 80% of the club yet don't have a contolling say in what happens. I find it unbelieveable that the club's constitution allows this as we have all now seen the results.

One must question why penn and quantum would put up so much money yet have so little say.

Perhaps they had a long term plan Tookey.

If as expected the new tv deal brings in around a billion over 5 years. NRL grants each club 10 million leaving 40 million for development. The clubs get a salary cap of 5 million so with the grant and sponsorship etc have about 12 million in the budget. After expenses you could easily end up with a profit of 4 or 5 million while still having the benefits of owning a NRL team.

Just specualtion of course but everybody's doing it.

Either way, Utility has it right. Depending on the TV deal all current clubs should be financially sound at the next TV deal, even if the cap goes up to 6 Million. Penn or Quantum should buy the other one out before this TV deal because the value of the shares will skyrocket as of 2013. One year of debt coverage and a loss in revenue to buy out the other would be worth it in the long run.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7