Hate Hayne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
I think hayne is a great player and great to watch but gus and the hayne love express makes me want to throw up.

Waaaay over the top. But no denying his skill when he decides to play

C'mon, Dan, Hayne was not his lover last night; it was Hindmarsh ;)

But really, Hayne was fantastic. It's like the guy is a quiet, nonchalant fellow; spreads his wings a bit when he scores; but looks very low key in general, almost to the point that it's irritating to watch... yet putting all prejudice aside, and all the years of hatred of Parra away, Hayne is an icon of the game.

I burred Cameron Bell up on twitter last night, goading him about the commentators' obsession with Hayne.  The bloke is a myth.  2-3 moments in 2-3 games don't make a superstar.  His first try was off the back of fantastic forward play, but he gets all the wet dreams from the commentators. 

CliffyIsGod link said:
How is that a useful comparison? So that win over the Dogs was a dead-rubber?

Lolz.
its useful because where has  he been for the last 2 months..  i know they beat penrith  but thats it in the last 2months ..  i sing his priases when he keeps stepping up to big games not just 1 off`s thats the comparison.. our  brett stewart thrives on big games , hayne has to wait till his side plays weaker teams to establish himself thats the comparision with the SOO..if your a champion you aim up  more on quality opposition not go quiet..

jjai link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=184245.msg277957#msg277957 date=1279952726]

Lolz.
its useful because where has  he been for the last 2 months..  i know they beat penrith  but thats it in the last 2months ..   i sing his priases when he keeps stepping up to big games not just 1 off`s thats the comparison.. our  brett stewart thrives on big games , hayne has to wait till his side plays weaker teams to establish himself thats the comparision with the SOO..if your a champion you aim up  more on quality opposition not go quiet..
[/quote]

I agree with jjai. As much as I hate Slater, he consistently performs on the big stage. Hayne is not in the same class and I don't know if he ever will be. You listen to the commentators and they make him out to be the best player to ever play the game. Hayne's biggest problem with these performances, is that his head will grow so big, it won't fit into the dressing sheds.

I like the fact the Hayne is so good, the fact that he is at parra and the fact that despite all of this they wont win squat.

Which in a few years I will take joy in pointing out.

I don't know where this Hayne doesn't perform in big games stuff has really come from. I am not his biggest fan, but in 2008 and 2009 he was near NSWs best and pulled out some amazing tries, and last season, nearly every single one of Parra's final 6-7 games were massive in the context of their season, and he dominated. In the finals he played 3 big ones against the Dragons, Titans and Dogs

I am hopeful of seeing what we are seeing in him now from Choc, they both lifted about the same time last season

kiwi hi,  just wondering what did he do when it came to the gf,  again he went in his shell big game quality opposition jarryd hides down the back..

Kiwi Eagle link said:
What did all of the Manly players do in the 07 Grand Final ? Not a great point really imo

They came back an won it a year later, yet to be seen if the Hayne train will still be running on grand final day, or like all Sydney trains will break down well before then.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
What did all of the Manly players do in the 07 Grand Final ? Not a great point really imo
we could have still won that game  had stewart not been rubbed out..  half time score wasnt too big..& any way we are a team  they are a one man team  no comparision..

CliffyIsGod link said:

Lolz.

Lolz indeed...geez I just shake my head at some of the more obvious forms of stupidity on this planet these days. Ok, I will actually spell it out for you so listen carefully

I, AND THE POSTER THAT I RESPONDED TO, WAS REFERRING TO THE STATE OF ORIGIN, NOT THE BULLDOGS GAME!

Do you understand this time FFS!!!!

Kiwi Eagle link said:

I think the point being made is that he hasn't won a big game, whether state of origin or in the NRL. Yeah, he is great at beating up on weaklings but I wanna see him win a BIG match for his team before I start to place him alongside Slater.

He performed in the 8 v 1 knock out match last season, how was that not a big match ? Likewise with the 2 the week after

Lets be honest here, If Manly had a 21 year old performing for us as he did the forum would be full of people going nuts over him

jjai link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184245.msg278066#msg278066 date=1280018073]
we could have still won that game  had stewart not been rubbed out..  half time score wasnt too big..& any way we are a team  they are a one man team  no comparision..
[/quote]

You are contradicting yourself in your argument a bit here mate, if they are indeed a 1 man side, then Hayne must have had a huge game keeping them within 7 pts of an illegal side on GF day

The commentators go goo ga after his tries against the Bullwogs (who are a crap side this year anyway).  But it all came off a powerful go froward from his pack.  The minute the pack don't perform Hayne resembles a canoe in a whirpool without a paddle.  It's one thing to run through an already shredded defence.  As the Storm and Qld have demonstrated, hold a straight line and Hayne is all at sea.

I think the point myself and a couple others are trying to make is that Hayne is made out to be a superhero by commentators and the media and IMO he has yet to prove himself as a consistent dominant player. He is still young and may yet prove to me that he is worthy to be regarded among the greats.

If Hayne was playing for Manly, would the media bang his drum like they do currently? I don't think they would. Stewart was dominant in 2008 and he was not getting the same attention as Hayne currently does. 

That is a fair point, and like you, I was swearing at the TV the other night and messaging mates who are also pissed off with it

However seeing past all the commentary stuff, he is playing damn good football the past month, and last season, like him or not, those 10 weeks of footy he put on was extraordinary

Old Rabs is/was a massive Stewart fan, I can't wait until we can hear Rabs calling him a freak again like he did during that tigers match last season. Now I have thought of that match I might go and dig it out and watch a bit of it to warm me up for this afternoon

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4