Hatred runs deep in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I enjoyed the article. It was reasonably witty.
He did forget to mention Super League, and all those traitorious clubs that sold out rugby league. Manly was one of the clubs that stood loyal and one of the main reason the game survived.

Great article that. Even if half the crap about Manly is wrong.

You don't hate a club because of its players either. Players come, players go. Players may even come to your team who you hate.

The real hatred has to be for the enemy fans. The pricks who talk it up at work. The yob in the pub who went to a game once in the 80's and played a game once in the 70's yet still feels that he knows what he's talking about. The mate of a mate who thinks it's ok to live (umm, not allowed to say northern beaches any more) between Manly and Palm beach, no further west than Terrey Hills and yet hate on the local team for no reason. The arrogant Souffs fan who must have just chosen the team with the most premierships and thinks it's legit for him to go on about, even though he was not a supporter when they won their last one. The saints fan who believes that it's their right to win, even if the refs need to cheat for them. The westies, the bogans, the wankers, the toothless, the unemployable, the inbred, the ethnic stereotypes, they all support other teams and i hate them for being them.

Bless you good Manly fans.

To be fair, I didn't realise how many teams I needed to hate as a Manly fan before I joined this site.

The fact that some of you would forgo a premiership (2007) because that would give Parra one (2009) because of the scum, was a real eye opener.

party on!

Duff said:
Great article that. Even if half the crap about Manly is wrong.

You don't hate a club because of its players either. Players come, players go. Players may even come to your team who you hate.

The real hatred has to be for the enemy fans. The pricks who talk it up at work. The yob in the pub who went to a game once in the 80's and played a game once in the 70's yet still feels that he knows what he's talking about. The mate of a mate who thinks it's ok to live (umm, not allowed to say northern beaches any more) between Manly and Palm beach, no further west than Terrey Hills and yet hate on the local team for no reason. The arrogant Souffs fan who must have just chosen the team with the most premierships and thinks it's legit for him to go on about, even though he was not a supporter when they won their last one. The saints fan who believes that it's their right to win, even if the refs need to cheat for them. The westies, the bogans, the wankers, the toothless, the unemployable, the inbred, the ethnic stereotypes, they all support other teams and i hate them for being them.

Bless you good Manly fans.

geez, don't hold back Duff, tell us what you really think:p

Urghh I wish we would stop poating articles from the roar as actual articles. Can we juat link to them so we immediately know they are user written pap

Anyone else notice how the list of reasons to hate the Scumdogs is longer than for any other club ? Add to this the fact that it's not exhaustive and you can see why so many take so much joy from their pain.

And long may it continue.

Lol at a Dogs fan having our club in the same class as the Dogs and Storm for that matter.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Apart from their success – the main ingredient in any case of hatred – a lot of the vitriol towards the club can be attributed to Steve Matai; a player whose frequency of visits to the NRL judiciary means he should pay rent there.

This is a man who single-handedly prevented Darren Lockyer playing in a semi-final two years ago. The legendary Brisbane Broncos five-eighth was nursing a broken cheekbone, and doctors advised him against playing because they thought Matai might target him.
Lol. Matai being blamed for something he had absolutely nothing to do with. Lockyer breaks his jaw clashing with his own team mate and it's Matai's fault that Locky couldn't play. That's a good one Ryan. Keep writing utter crap. It's funny.

Brooke said:
I think it is pretty hypocritical that Souths fans, coach etc are throwing so many stones at the Manly Players.

As for the media I heard Rebecca Wilson going off last night because Stevie only got one week .

Maybe they all need to be reminded how poor Greggie who they claim is being targeted by the Manly thugs lives is a glass house.

I still have the image of his wife ( then fiancée) with the two black eyes he gave her when the neighbours had to call the police in 2009. ..... This and one of his other finer moments being when he smashed Dean Young . As DY was being stretchered off the field Inglis stood there smirking about it.

After Inglis hit Brett with a dodgy tackle on Fri night a voice from the crowd (allegedly) said "Inglis I thought you saved those hits for your missus?"

The game will always be tribal. From day dot as a Manly supporter in 1976 I learnt very fast to hate Parramatta, all of my aunts uncles and cousins support the worms and they have never let me forget 82 and 83. So for me I support Manly and who ever is playing Parra.

We have great rivalries with many clubs, the Bulldogs one has got ugly only after they tried to buy our culture, as the saying goes, Be Manly dont be a dog, pretty simple really.

Never liked Souffs cause they are always the victims and its never their fault. They are the Collingwood of the NRL. their fans are glory hunters, ditch them when they are ****e.

I personally will never again like the clubs who went to super league, that war nearly killed my club.

To me Brisbane and Melbourne are nothing more than News Limited and Queensland swill and I always enjoy it when we knock one of them over.

Re: RE: Hatred runs deep in the NRL

Duff said:
The westies, the bogans, the wankers, the toothless, the unemployable, the inbred, the ethnic stereotypes, they all support other teams and i hate them for being them.

Typical Spirit fan.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8