Have we gone forwards, backwards or just the same this year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For mine.....I think we've moved a little forward. Our forwards have been decimated by injury....Paseka, Aloiai, Lodge. With these guys on board the past month or so we play finals. Backs have been pretty good. Center's are a problem but with a full compliment next season & the new additions, I think we move even further forward. I can't wait for the trials.......

Coca Koula
Saab
Garrick
Trbo
Paulo
DCE
Brooks
Paseka
GKCT
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jrbo

Res: Croker, Lodge, Keppie, Bullemor
(Brbo, Aloiai, Tuilagi, Arthur, Talau, Parker, Faulalo, Tuipulotu, Vaega, Humphries)

3 spots left for top 30? Maybe another couple of forwards......

For mine.....I think we've moved a little forward. Our forwards have been decimated by injury....Paseka, Aloiai, Lodge. With these guys on board the past month or so we play finals. Backs have been pretty good. Center's are a problem but with a full compliment next season & the new additions, I think we move even further forward. I can't wait for the trials.......

Coca Koula
Saab
Garrick
Trbo
Paulo
DCE
Brooks
Paseka
GKCT
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jrbo

(Brbo, Aloiai, Tuilagi, Arthur, Talau, Parker, Faulalo, Tuipulotu, Vaega, Humphries)

I think Matterson will get one of those spots, another quality forward and centre and we be mint!

Coca Koula
Saab
Garrick
Trbo
Paulo
DCE
Brooks
Paseka
GKCT
Sipley
Olakau'atu
Schuster
Jrbo

I’d definitely be swapping Schu for Butbo on current form and output. Something drastic would need to happen in the offseason for that to change. Wouldn't surprise me if Schu wasn’t even here next year.

I would argue natural progression of players would have us better than last season regardless so it's hard to quantify.
If jersey gate hadn't had happened in 22 we were tracking well to make the 8. Those 7 losses were terrible and deflating and it was understandable we had a shocking end of season.
Players like Koula, hamole, Sabb, paseka, Garrick were always going to get better with age and experience.
For me we were only on par with 22 if you take into account all the facts.
There were more games this year, more free points from bye's. The competition was more open this year. We should have finished higher every day of the week.
Im optimistic for next year. While dumbfounded by the Brooks deal originally I'm thinking iT could be a real good signing. Looking at how poor that tigers side is Brooks could have a feild day with our backline.
If we are ****e by round 10 in 24 I predict Seibold will be gone. He has to come out of the gates swinging if he wants to keep his job.

I think we have managed injury adversity better than in previous years. We do seem overall better but have not transcended mediocrity by any stretch but for sure there is enough to remain hopeful.

5 weeks ago I was adamant that we had to beat the Roosters or it was season over that that has turned out to be true. Had we won that game we make the 8.

Overall we have shuffled forward, not the leap I was hoping for but Turbo's injury and Schusters.....schustering really didnt help.

Some positive signs but lots of work still to be done.

run meters 33558, 12th worst
run meters conceded 35099 13th worst
kicks meters 13678 3rd most

without dce and crokers long kicking game we would be dead set last. we lose the ruck and concede too many meters. bringing in luke brooks and moving schuster to second row arent going to fix the meters problem. We need a new coach.

Last edited:
I think we have managed injury adversity better than in previous years. We do seem overall better but have not transcended mediocrity by any stretch but for sure there is enough to remain hopeful.
Manly remains on a slow upward trajectory, which goes back to 2019 when Des returned. Problem being we take 2 steps forward then a step back, for a host of well-documented reasons.

This year we've got back to where we would have been had rainbow-gate not happened, namely contending for top 8 even without Turbo. Which obviously is not good enough, but it's a signifcant plus to have all that behind us and be looking forward with some reasonable optimism. From how we finished last year there was potential for a disastrous nose-dive, but under new management we not only avoided that but made up the lost ground.

If Turbo comes good, add Brooks, Koula rising fast, some key forwards finally reaching a good level... if all goes well we could win the comp next year. Sadly 'all goes well' would include Schu reaching his potential and that seems a long shot, so otherwise the ceiling might be top 4 as best case next year, and at least top 8 worst case.

For me the big issue between us and a top top team is still the forward pack

I have not seen anything that shows after from Jake, Ola and flashes from Paseka we have the pack to compete with the best. Throw in Lodge and Aloai coming back off long term injuries and I am not convinced we have enough of the tough stuff to really make a dent

Aloai needs to step up big time and earn his $500k salary. He appears to have been hampered by a leg injury he does not appear that he has overcome in addition to his more recent shoulder issues.

Nothing changed for me super frustrating. Can beat anyone on a given day, attack wise we can score need more grit in defence.
Super talented players like Dce, Koula, Garrick, Saab, olakau'atu and Jake/Tom. Adding Luke brooks see a better foil for Dce.
800k question what to do with schuster while he is talented where does he fit?

I personally think the last 2 games masked a very disappointing season. 12th is 12th. Worse position on the ladder than last year. We've won 11 games in 31 since the pride jersey fiasco (or one in three games).

Our recruitment and retention is diabolical. Tuilagi? Condon? Woods? Matterson? Roache? Signing Lodge after 2 games? Johns? Talau? What's the strategy here ? Slowest, most ineffective roster in the NRL?

Highlight: Beating Storm at Brookvale
Lowlight: Retaining Flanagan despite how openly unplugged he is / was - to the point we are fighting over next year's staff with him - disgusting.

Players who improved / impressed: Koula (hooly Dooly), Saab, DCE (amazing), Paseka, Olakau'atu, Burbo, Bullemor (was awesome this season)

Players who were a pleasant surprise: Sipley's improvement, Jakob Arthur (want him in the 17 next season - love him)

Players who disappointed: Tuilagi (awful !), Johns, Turbo (played at 50% the first few rounds), Schuster (who I LOVE), Tuipulotu (2nd straight bottom 3 slowest play-the-ball speed in the entire league).

Solid performances go to Croker, Rueben, Jake, Keppie.

Things to look forward to:
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong's continued development
  • Matt Lodge hopefully getting back to peak fitness
  • Hopefully that guy who scored 29 tries for us for Blacktown gets promoted
  • Improved season next season
  • potential new forward signing
  • potential new assistant coach
  • new strength and conditioning staff from the rah rahs - would be great seeing a leaner , meaner, faster footy side
  • competition for spots next year will be fierce
  • continued development of Arthur
  • continued improvement / consistency of Sipley

I guess in summary, there are signs. Signs for hope. Signs of improvement. Could we have done better this year ? Yes. In my view, we are still recovering from the pride jersey thing, which also in my view , splintered the group - but the last 4 games showed me a team that is starting to galvanise.

Gordon Chan Kum Tong is a character, and personality, and JEEZ, he's magnetic, and thats something we've missed. I would love for our boys to become likeable again, and he's a start.

I think we'll I prove next year, particularly if we get the assistant coach , and a new forward (that's Souths guy would be IDEAL).

Cheers guys

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10