Hayne and Cummins Grand Final Match Performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They both sucked.....​

LJ5cEOx.jpg

That's right; Donkey Balls!

Lord Eagleton said:
DR82 said:
Did the best team all year win the comp? Yes. Did the best team on the night win the grand final? Maybe.

But mate, whether a team is best all year or not is completely irrelevant. The grand final should be won by the best team on the night. Its debatable as to who was the best team on the night but the fact remains that the ref's helped your team win the game by ignoring a dozen or so illegal incidents. The game has rules we abide by and the ref's cheated Manly out of the game by ignoring the rules during the grand final.

DR82 said:
We have been reamed by the refs all season. We were due some luck and luckily for us we got it last night.

You guys have been the most penalised team all year because you sail closest to the wind regarding the rules. Its not bad luck, its just that you guys infringe the most, which comes back to your coaches orders.

And there is difference between 'luck' and open bias. When there are so many incorrect decisions ignored against one team, in the most important game of the year, the question moves away from 'are the refs just incompetent?', to become 'are the refs adjudicating the game to help the roosters win?'

The answer was yes, they were deliberately penalising Manly out of the game.

I hear where you're coming from RE your first point mate, I really do. Trust me, I've had the same argument with my Dragons mates a million times. They trot out the 'best all year' line as well, which means nothing in a one-off game to decide it all as you say.

The Roosters may sail close to the wind but one thing no one can explain to any Roosters fan is how few penalties we receive. We seem to lose the penalty count 10-3 every week, so there's a certain sense of irony the refs put their whistle away in the finals (except for round one when we lost the count 12-5 to you guys). I think the seven tackle debacle really made them a bit gun shy but it also made for better footy with less stop-start crap.

On the receiving fewer penalties thing, we beat the Eels 50-0 this year at home and lost the count. Bulldogs 38-0 at home and lost the count. Dragons 36-0 away and lost the count 11-3. In our five shutout games this year the combined scoreline was 172-0 and we lost the penalties 42-27 in those five games. So you can understand the frustration when we aren't getting any penalties for offside or holding down in the ruck when we clearly had teams on the back foot and backpedalling a lot.

Manly fans have every right to be fuming with the refs. But watching the game back last night, there were some calls that went your way. The first try was an obstruction all year. It's only that no Roosters rushed up to get the refs to send it upstairs that they gave it. It would have been denied straight away for Horo taking Pearce out.

The penalty try is not a penalty try because there's no way you can guarantee Lyon puts the ball down 100% - it was rolling awkwardly and he may have looked to overrun it. He probably would have scored because he's a freak of a player and I think most Roosters fans could live with the call because the alternative is Aubo in the bin for 10.

Anyway lads, chin up. I'm sure we'll meet again in the big one next year. Clearly the best two sides in the comp.

I'll tell you one thing, most Roosters fans coming on here are showing a bit of class, such as @DR82 .

It sure makes a change from the Bulldogs and Souths Trolls that come on here and bag us.

There's sadness for sure BUT no shame in losing a GF, regardless of the refs (and that has been going on all year) we gave it our all and lost...simple as that.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I'll tell you one thing, most Roosters fans coming on here are showing a bit of class, such as @DR82 .

It sure makes a change from the Bulldogs and Souths Trolls that come on here and bag us.

There's sadness for sure BUT no shame in losing a GF, regardless of the refs (and that has been going on all year) we gave it our all and lost...simple as that.

Well said

globaleagle said:
They both sucked.....​

LJ5cEOx.jpg

That's right; Donkey Balls!

Sooo......

You guys are used to packs of donkey balls?

Perverts!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7