Hayne Killing it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hayne has never been a Team player.
He would be relishing the compartmentalized style of the NFL and getting into the playing roster.@:cool:

Pretty awesome achievement no matter the SF49's results :)

The team does get a pass with the whole west coast team playing the early east game thing which is something we'd have to deal with if you had a Perth team but a few fair weather fans are probably wondering why he's not putting up pre season stats now. Also the suck ones of the team is going to cause a drop off in general interest after a few more games like that. No one wants to get up at 3 to see fair catches...

Hayne played. As did another aussie on the steelers team. He's their punter.

So at one stage..Aussie kicks....aussie returns (well he took a fair catch...no running).

A first for the NFL.

Anyway :)

Last edited:
I have a relative (by marriage) from Melbourne who is the punter for Old Miss in College football. Played before a crowd of 102,000 on Sunday, I believe. I understand what an incredible experience this would be, but I can't understand what joy an Australian sportsman who is used to being on the field for 80 or 120 minutes, and doing everything (kicking, passing, running, tackling, scoring... etc) gets from American football. The game lasts for four hours and he gets to kick the ball a few times, and guys like Hayne get three touches of the ball! Obvious the money is attractive, but the sport has more interruptions than Question Times in Parliament.

I think people seem to have lost sight of the fact that Hayne is actually a rookie in the NFL. Rookie's, unless there is a spate of long term injuries, don't get a lot of game time in the NFL.

I have a relative (by marriage) from Melbourne who is the punter for Old Miss in College football. Played before a crowd of 102,000 on Sunday, I believe. I understand what an incredible experience this would be, but I can't understand what joy an Australian sportsman who is used to being on the field for 80 or 120 minutes, and doing everything (kicking, passing, running, tackling, scoring... etc) gets from American football. The game lasts for four hours and he gets to kick the ball a few times, and guys like Hayne get three touches of the ball! Obvious the money is attractive, but the sport has more interruptions than Question Times in Parliament.

Last edited:
Minimal game time this week

No idea what's going on with that
What - four touches, one of which was a fair catch? Given that SF had a couple of key injuries in Hayne's positions, it does suggest that @Loobs will be able to crow (I may go into hiding) and the Hayne Plane may be running into some technical flight difficulties.

What - four touches, one of which was a fair catch? Given that SF had a couple of key injuries in Hayne's positions, it does suggest that @Loobs will be able to crow (I may go into hiding) and the Hayne Plane may be running into some technical flight difficulties.
Well it just goes to show that as good as he was in the NRL, he's still am undrafted rookie in the NFL and will be treated as such.

They've got Arizona and the Packers coming up so two more floggings.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
The draft is mainly for college players who attended the combine

I don't know if Hayne did or not but the fact he was signed BEFORE the draft makes the argument that he is undrafted hold no water

He was signed during the free agency time

They signed Reggie Bush during this period as well

The concerning part for Hayne is they drafted a 4th round RB in the draft

No team wastes draft picks, so he must be a prospect but being their second in the 4th round makes me believe he's a maybe in the future kind of bloke after Bush retires or leaves

Then again they might have the rb by committee of 4 instead of 3,but the non selection in game one has words to say in itself

I believe Hayne will end up as a first or second string rb,but like Davis he needs time and reps to make it happen

I think he's well suited to a west coast offense as i think he can make plays on the run and the pass as an rb and he didn't disappoint on blocking either

I think his drive is the biggest obstacle, he's made the cut but will he still want it as bad next year or the year after as second or third string when he can earn in the nrl and be the man?

Only time will tell

The draft is mainly for college players who attended the combine

I don't know if Hayne did or not but the fact he was signed BEFORE the draft makes the argument that he is undrafted hold no water

He was signed during the free agency time

They signed Reggie Bush during this period as well

The concerning part for Hayne is they drafted a 4th round RB in the draft

No team wastes draft picks, so he must be a prospect but being their second in the 4th round makes me believe he's a maybe in the future kind of bloke after Bush retires or leaves

Then again they might have the rb by committee of 4 instead of 3,but the non selection in game one has words to say in itself

I believe Hayne will end up as a first or second string rb,but like Davis he needs time and reps to make it happen

I think he's well suited to a west coast offense as i think he can make plays on the run and the pass as an rb and he didn't disappoint on blocking either

I think his drive is the biggest obstacle, he's made the cut but will he still want it as bad next year or the year after as second or third string when he can earn in the nrl and be the man?

Only time will tell
I think if he gets cut he's done due to age. I also don't see the first/second string RB coming into fruition as that will take time and RB's barring a few are done at 28. And old inexperienced guys have to beat a fresh crop of rookies keen to knock them off. Still think he'll be back for certain but I've been wrong before (apparently ;) )

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10