Hayne to Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hayne's next dream maybe the 2018 Commonwealth Games - he lacks long term commitment to anything.@:cool:

Happy.He is 29 and has played League for 20 years with a brief sojourn to the NFL which given the amount he sacrificed to play in the NRL I found admirable. The 7s stuff is simply to fill in time till 2017 as he cant get a gig in League till then because at this stage of year no one can afford him. Hardly a lack of commitment.

The guy is a star...watch the 2014 Origin series if anyone needs convincing. He also cut us open almost every time we played him.IN ANY CASE HE WONT BE WITH US SO IT IS A MOOT POINT:}

Happy.He is 29 and has played League for 20 years with a brief sojourn to the NFL which given the amount he sacrificed to play in the NRL I found admirable. The 7s stuff is simply to fill in time till 2017 as he cant get a gig in League till then because at this stage of year no one can afford him. Hardly a lack of commitment.

The guy is a star...watch the 2014 Origin series if anyone needs convincing. He also cut us open almost every time we played him.IN ANY CASE HE WONT BE WITH US SO IT IS A MOOT POINT:}
He walked out on the NFL without telling the Coach. The Coach was bemused to put it mildly :confused:

Has no qualms about taking a spot away from a Fijian RU player to feed his ego.
The fact is that the player he pushes aside, will never have opportunities like Hayne gets. The accolades of Olympic glory would have set the poor bugger up back in Fiji, whilst for Hayne it's just an amusement :mad:

Hayne has athletic talent, but even the Rorters have gone off him.
It's not 'Team 1st' with Hayne :cool:

Can't see the point of Manly throwing a huge contract his way :wondering:

Someone always misses out in pro sport. Ask Tahu Harris from the Storm. Hasn't effected him. Just got on with it.Im sure the 49ers coach isn't losing sleep.They cut guys over there every second day.Remember a Manly legend by the name of Kevin Ward. Happened then, happens now. Killer left the eels like a bag of **** and we love him.

I actually admire guys who put in on the line. Sonny Bill could have got 1mill plus for 10 years like DCE in any code but goes year to year and as such needs to keep performing at his best and does so. Same with Hunt and Burgess. Dont see too many people bagging them for their on field exploits.Cant see how he is any different to them....the reason he cops it on here is because he wore the blue and gold.....thinking about it that is a great reason ...f...ck him.

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/d0cea05454064f5d5e037950afc3c8a6

HAYNE TO DO EAGLE ROCK?

There’s a whisper doing the rounds that Manly is keen on luring Jarryd Hayne to Brookvale should he decide to return to the NRL.

Jamie Lyon will retire at the end of the year, while Steve Matai and Brett Stewart are off contract at the end of next season, and the rumour is the Sea Eagles are hoping to add Hayne to their roster in the off-season.

Hayne is currently playing sevens rugby with the Fijian Olympic team.

Wow. Would be a massive publicity stunt if nothing else. And we know how the current hierarchy hate those haha. Still he is a great player but I just hope that if it came true his boyhood dreams yet unfulfilled of being the policeman fireman and astronaut don't have him leave us in the lurch. I think we'd be cheering him though if he committed himself

I....just don't like the guy. He is like Benjoy Marshall.
He who hyped of his dream to play in the NFL and then overnight pulls the plug reminds me of the time Benjoy had himself pictured smiling and promoting himself with the Auckland Blues rugby team before finishing his business at the tigers.
I could not bring myself to like him. Do we need another army of one?.
NYEagle

Agree NY about him as a bloke but it seems so many of these sports superstars these days are ego driven....comes with the territory almost. Makes it hard to make commercial decisions with egos involved....

I'm not big on his personality but admire his drive and ability...tough choice.We wont be able to compete with other offers even if we went down the track of chasing him so not going to matter either way.

Hayne might be coming to Manly to fulfil another of his multiple lifetime dreams - to become a Seabird. He's tosser so he'd be great at throwing the lightweight girls in the air.

Hayne might be coming to Manly to fulfil another of his multiple lifetime dreams - to become a Seabird. He's tosser so he'd be great at throwing the lightweight girls in the air.
I'm waiting for his Thorpie like outing story, to complete the 2 year long documentary that Telstra has been financing him for :snooze:

Agree NY about him as a bloke but it seems so many of these sports superstars these days are ego driven....comes with the territory almost. Makes it hard to make commercial decisions with egos involved....

I'm not big on his personality but admire his drive and ability...tough choice.We wont be able to compete with other offers even if we went down the track of chasing him so not going to matter either way.
He has a terrible logo

Maybe he wants to fulfill something that has eluded him all these years, and that is win a premiership.
He would know that this could be achieved at Manly as we happen to win them from time to time.

Would the so "war chest" get opened to get Hayne to return to the NRL?
If so would Toody open that chest at the advantage on Manly?
I would assume that Hayne would want around 1.2m. Could we afford him?
The owners would love the sponsorships, TV games and all the hooplay that went along with him.

Hayne will be around 29 when he decides to return, that's not a long term replacement for our three legends.

In my opinion Bozo and the Penn's have absolutely no interest what so ever in "long term plans". They want success now. Haynes at 29 has at least 3 years at the top in him. Plenty of time for a premiership.

I believe that they would be salivating at the prospect of a Hayne at fullback and T-Turbo and Walker backline combo. They would see this as a winning team year one.

And I agree 100% with them.

Last edited:
Two alphabetical letters... BS!

Not unless Bozo wants Foran back and says "We'll lay off Hayne if you give us back Foran', but I don't want him back.He's too destabilising and has already shown his colours.

However, Hayne would make a pretty good replacement for Killer or Skivvy, when they retire.

I don't know if any of you saw the rumor online, but it had been reported that Foran was actually spotted with Fulton having a 'serious' chat a short time ago. I hope not, Foran for all his great on-field service to Manly, proved to be a person minus a lot of integrity. Nothing to do with his move to the eels, more so to do with his conduct away from the field. Unfortunately, all problems seemed to be forgotten in league with a fat cheque and some promises.

If it makes parra or rooters pay more IF he returns then we should go hard.
The eels would need to take the field with 12 men for every match next year, in order to afford him. Hayne only said that his preference was Parramatta as a cover. Fact is that he has not won a comp, that will be his motive. While Manly shouldn't, and the Roosters could, these are teams more likely than the eels in the next 3 years. Do not under estimate the loss of Nathan Peats, the cheating issues of that club and how they will extend over not only next year but 2018 also, or the age factor involved with Gordon, Scott and Wicks. Hayne knows there are stronger option for that elusive title. I can even see the Bulldogs as a potential suitor. Sam Perrett possibly in his last, and if they can offload Williams and another, they can do it with minimal impact to their squad. Des is a smart man, he would already be considering this.

In my opinion Bozo and the Penn's have absolutely no interest what so ever in "long term plans". They want success now. Haynes at 29 has at least 3 years at the top in him. Plenty of time for a premiership.

I believe that they would be salivating at the prospect of a Hayne at fullback and T-Turbo and Walker backline combo. They would see this as a winning team year one.

And I agree 100% with them.
Woodsie, please remember that all opinions must align with mine. If we can afford Nathan Cleary, Javid Bowen, Sam Moa and Hayne - then I'll allow it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4