Headache - 1 to 7 Fully Fit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OK .... the big question ... for how long will you have DCE on $1.2 mil as undroppable ...

As a combination how long do you think DCE and LG .... will be ahead of say Cust and Croker ?? .... one, two years .. always ...?

Last edited:
Elliot and Parker are good footbalers, but I don't think either will be stars .... both will depend on how much they want and salary cap limitations ... with players like young Hoppa et al coming through they will always be under pressure from someone just that bit more dynamic .. ....

It appears that DCE/Croker may be THE combination in the short term and expect Cust will jump Egley to battle Croker as DCE's partner in the not too distant future.

The good news and the bad news is that ..... DCE is 30 ... if we give him the same longevity as Cronk ... then he has another 6 years to play ..... are really good halfbacks going to stick around waiting that long ?? ... are we then realistically looking towards the "next" generation of halfbacks to come through, say somebody now 17 years old ?

So ... the immediate future looks better for the one of Croker, LG, Cust and Metcalf that best suits and fills the role of 5/8 ....

Hey hey I'm baaaackk!! After entering my 2nd year of University, I have realised I just don't have enough people to talk about Manly to :rofl:

Anyways, something I am really interested to know is who you would pick as our starting backs once we have a fully fit side again? I have been reaaally struggling to pick out of Tommy, Garrick, Elliott, Taufua, Suli, Parker, Walker, Chez, Cust, Croker and Elgey.

I see 1, 5 and 7 confirmed as Tommy, Garrick and Chez, respectively. However, I really don't know who will get the remaining spots.

If you follow me on Twitter, you would know I am not exactly thrilled that Walker was found not guilty after all the damning evidence that was released to the public... So I personally would rather see Suli and Parker as our centres, but I know that is not likely to be the case for everyone else. To partner Chez, I don't think him and Elgey had the best combination, and I believe Elgey shines way more at halfback, which he would have to give up. Cust had an amazing debut, but I also think Croker deserves a shot, so I am very undecided. And Elliott has improved out of sight, but Taufua has been solid in defence too.... I just can't pick! @:cry:

So, who fills up your spots???

1. Tommy
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. Garrick
6. ??
7. Chez

Was easy before Parker started playing out of his skin and Elliott just seems to improve - then Cust plays like a veteran half and Elgey runs red hot.....great question and will apologise in advance...but I'm leaving it to Des @:smirk: I will give you this - Taufua and Garrick to keep the wings, DCE to half, Turbo to FB....

Hey hey I'm baaaackk!! After entering my 2nd year of University, I have realised I just don't have enough people to talk about Manly to :rofl:

Hey great to see you back here @Ella Kasmar , one of my all time favourite posters. I too feel the same way about DW, we just need to accept the system and hope he grows up fast, enough of that

1. Tommy
2. Jorge
3. Walker
4. Parker (the great improver)
5. Garrick
6. Cust (based on that one game)
7. Chez

Would not really matter who gets picked as long as Des is the coach.

Anyways, something I am really interested to know is who you would pick as our starting backs once we have a fully fit side again? I have been reaaally struggling to pick out of Tommy, Garrick, Elliott, Taufua, Suli, Parker, Walker, Chez, Cust, Croker and Elgey.

I see 1, 5 and 7 confirmed as Tommy, Garrick and Chez, respectively. However, I really don't know who will get the remaining spots.

If you follow me on Twitter, you would know I am not exactly thrilled that Walker was found not guilty after all the damning evidence that was released to the public... So I personally would rather see Suli and Parker as our centres, but I know that is not likely to be the case for everyone else. To partner Chez, I don't think him and Elgey had the best combination, and I believe Elgey shines way more at halfback, which he would have to give up. Cust had an amazing debut, but I also think Croker deserves a shot, so I am very undecided. And Elliott has improved out of sight, but Taufua has been solid in defence too.... I just can't pick! @:cry:

1. Tommy
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. Garrick
6. ??
7. Chez
Welcome back Ella, we have missed your reporting.
Just a word of advice: dont read the Walker thread.

1. Tommy
2. ??
3. ??
4. ??
5. Garrick
6. ??
7. Chez
Welcome back champion!
1. Turbo
2. Jorge
3. Walker
4. Parker
5. Garrick
6. LG (atm)
7. DCE

Thats a backline right there, parker has continued to impress if he starts to fade we have big suli who is a wrecking ball.
LG for now but i like Cust he was impressive... but so was our pack!

Jorge is going awesome... so many tough metres out of our own end, great finisher, seasoned campaigner. Why would you drop him? Elliot is playing FB atm not wing. we truly live in an age of highlight reels and instant gratification... thank fark our coach is still analogue.
Elliot is great at fb but yea i agree taufua has been great the last 6 games hes cut out his errors to basically 0 and his runs out of our own half are some of the toughest... elliot couldn't do that hed get rag dolled. Its like making ponga take hit ups on our own line but without the step

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8