Heart ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You are missing the point, as to why I want this team to miss the finals.

I agree with you also that missing the finals year will fuel fire for next season and that if we do make it some will this as a success when this year hasn't I agree with you on that also.

I think I just wanted to add that even if we do get flogged week one I still would like to see us play finals footy. I get your post

But this is the team the great bozo himself has put together, lauded by Bulldog Richie in the last week,to which you applauded. Yet still no heart, no team, no passion, no will to win. That is the worst performance by a Manly side in many many a year
Don't get your feathers in a knot feathered friend
1. This is not the worst performance by a Manly team . In 2004 the Des hasler coached team lost by 72 points to 12 by Penrith .
2. We are only in year 2 of our rebuilding stage and we have drastically improved from last year .
Get your facts right and chill out
448567.png

Don't get your feathers in a knot feathered friend
1. This is not the worst performance by a Manly team . In 2004 the Des hasler coached team lost by 72 points to 12 by Penrith .
2. We are only in year 2 of our rebuilding stage and we have drastically improved from last year .
Get your facts right and chill out
View attachment 6317
Many a year...talk your own sh1t.

The heart thing is 100% true. Every poster on Silvertails was more motivated today than the vast majority of the team. That's why it's so gutting.

Today was the first time in over a decade I nearly didn't watch the match finish. The last time was the famous game in 05 or 06 ? Against the Panthers when we came back from 20 odd down to win.......

I'm almost speechless about today. Those that know me on here (and in real life) see me as a bit of a cheerleader. I've been at my sons soccer tournament all weekend and I basically cheer the whole time, constantly picking out the positives and giving praise to him and his team. On here I mostly do the same, see the positive after losses, and after a bad spell...... Today I'm just a bit past it. How do we come out and serve that up? Was it. A lack of respect for the dogs? Did we just think we had to turn up to win? Because if we did we need an attitude adjustment and fast. If the scum came out with that attitude I could understand it, they are in first and killing it. We (obviously) are not and as the commentators kept saying 'our season is on life support'.

Now I always want us to get to the semis and 8th kills 9th as you at least have a chance. But boys, you need to fight for it. We are not good enough to do it half arsed.

Back to the Heart ....
If you don't have the motor that strength the pace and the skill then the heart wont win you games
We need a transfusion of quality players to be a quality side
untitled.png

Back to the Heart ....
If you don't have the motor that strength the pace and the skill then the heart wont win you games
View attachment 6318
Agree. But do we seriously not have the quality to keep the dogs to under 30 points? A team that is averaging just over 10 a game and has been woeful all year?

Defence does require some quality, but it's also attitude and heart. And today (sadly) and perhaps for a few weeks (even more sadly) that seems to be missing.

Agree. But do we seriously not have the quality to keep the dogs to under 30 points? A team that is averaging just over 10 a game and has been woeful all year?

Defence does require some quality, but it's also attitude and heart. And today (sadly) and perhaps for a few weeks (even more sadly) that seems to be missing.
I agree with what you are saying. What I was saying is that we need an injection of quality players because if we stick with this squad we wont be able to compete with the quality teams .
There is no way this squad can win a premiership without an addition of quality backs and forwards

I agree with what you are saying. What I was saying is that we need an injection of quality players because if we stick with this squad we wont be able to compete with the quality teams .
There is no way this squad can win a premiership without an addition of quality backs and forwards
The great Bozo has hand picked this side, so we were told a few weeks ago. So whats gone wrong with it.

The great Bozo has hand picked this side, so we were told a few weeks ago. So whats gone wrong with it.
The great Bozo is rebuilding and we have improved from last season and with the addition of more quality players we will keep rebuilding .
Rome was not built in a day . Patience feathered friend !!!
images61H3OZC4.jpg

The great Bozo is rebuilding and we have improved from last season and with the addition of more quality players we will keep rebuilding .
Rome was not built in a day . Patience feathered friend !!!
View attachment 6319
you have changed your spin on the team my feathered fiend.....Forget Rome

you have changed your spin on the team my feathered fiend.....Forget Rome
I say it as I see it and I have not changed my spin on players like Kelly or Brown .
When you consider we had Snake and Matai out for the Season and were not able to replace them because of the NRL salary cap rule we did well
under the circumstances and we will do better when we replace payers like Snake and Matai with quality players

Back to the Heart ....
View attachment 6318
The team is close to the same that killed Roosters just a few weeks ago...so the quality is there.
If the performance today matched that effort - Manly win by 40.

The team is close to the same that killed Roosters just a few weeks ago...so the quality is there.
If the performance today matched that effort - Manly win by 40.
Quality players perform consistently and we have not been consistent all year .
We will agree to disagree

You are stating the obvious Bozo but it is all about this year(the present) for the moment.

This Bulldogs team is not a 30-40 point better team than the one Manly demolished earlier in the season with an up tempo attack, the team is down on energy, belief and the pressures of expectation is weighing them down.

I still think if they can squeeze into the finals the pressure of expectations wont be there and the players will relax and enjoy the challenge(like earlier in the year), if they have some energy levels left in the tank.

You are stating the obvious Bozo but it is all about this year(the present) for the moment.

This Bulldogs team is not a 30-40 point better team than the one Manly demolished earlier in the season with an up tempo attack, the team is down on energy, belief and the pressures of expectation is weighing them down.

I still think if they can squeeze into the finals the pressure of expectations wont be there and the players will relax and enjoy the challenge(like earlier in the year), if they have some energy levels left in the tank.
Looking at some stats ...
We have won only 3 times playing quality teams in the top 8 . Cowboys one win and Roosters two wins
We have lost to the Storm the Broncos the Sharks the Eels the panthers .
It is obvious we need an injection of quality players to compete with the quality teams

where is it ???
This Dogs team is playing horribly
At least having a go with nothing to play for....
Deserve to be down by 40....what a joke....the fans care more than the players....
If you can't beat the bottom teams you don't deserve to be in the finals. They played with the heart of a caraway seed! If you can't get motivated & hungry for a finals spot, you don't get it. An opportunity such as that requires a different mindset & sadly, we don't have it. We lack the warrior mentality & that jovial catch up with each other after fulltime was sickening!

The eagles look tired and wasted. They are out of their depth.. They got this far on heart and now they don't have a pulse. As Bozo and a few others have said, we need an injection of new seasoned hardened quality players to be a chance next year.. Hopefully we can then build on with a team full of stamina, resilience and the ability to grind the season out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8