Hiku swap deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Depends. The signing of Lauaki reminds me somehow of when we got David Vaealiki, and that was hardly a success.
He has size and experience, so it will come down to fitness and motivation I suppose.

The announcement of Manly signing Epalahame Lauaki puts the knockers on this rumour.

If Manly got Graham for 2014 most of the cap money would be paid by the Dogs I think.

May mean that Manly giving up a low paid rookie one dimensional fullback in a return for an international front rower would be cost neutral and fill a big hole in Manly pack within weeks.

Could be happening.

Dogs would have to cover grahams salary or most of it and we release hiku. Win win. Graham would be our new kite who plays long minutes. Can add more second phase play. Big no to Tim Browne. If it can be done do it. Gutherson can play fullback or even Blair can play there when tafua returns. Hiku is just a back up. If it can be done. Do it.

I think De$ may want Hiku so he can pump him for 2V's coaching techniques in 2014. :D

Note De$ hasn't achieved much in 2013 and hasn't won a game in 2014.

Compare that to 2V grand finalist last year with one of the best squads and winningest culture around.

I'm a big fan of Hiku & think he should be in the starting 13 but if that deal is really on the table then you do it. It fills a massive hole for us while we only lose our top depth player at a position where we have plenty of depth. They're both expiring contracts as well so there's nothing to stop Manly negotiating a new deal with Hiku for next season after the trade, so in a way it could be a loan move of sorts.

With all that said, I really don't think it is as it's being reported. The whole deal is ridiculously slanted towards Manly.

The reality is IMO the dogs will not be contenders this year without a decent fullback or ball playing half.
In respect to graham I would imagine Souths and now the sharks are out to offer him big money.
We should do no deals with the dogs.
I heard a rumour last year from a Dogs fan that Kasiano ( sorry about spelling) was linked to Manly.
If we get a forward from the Dogs it will be next year most likely and my bet is it will be Kasiano.

wombatgc said:
wedgetail eagle said:
It's like swapping football cards in the schoolyard.

I remember some little prick trying to swap Sterlo for Wombat...I think I got suspended for that one? :shy:
If I'd have put the same effort into school work, that I put into collecting Footy cards,
I'd have been Dux of the class.

Just saw a very happy and relaxed Hiku, Starlo and Jesse in the surf. :)

They were happy to be recognized and feel more confident of a win than posters on this thread :shy:

There is no beach at Belmore, Hiku ! :cool:

master blaster said:
StuBoot said:
Even Tunksy and Graeme Hughes on Talkin' sport this arvo couldn't believe it.
800K for a prop that'll play 50-60mins per game isn't smart, Tunksy was very forthright about it. He brought up that the huge price tag carries massive expectation and isn't the best for team harmony if a guy on a lot less money is putting in more, next time he's at the negotiation table he'll be putting his hand out. Hughes siad it could be something like 600K plus third party deals but it certainly puts a dent in the cap and there'll be a few forwards waiting for a tap on the shoulder.

As for Hiku, we'd be nuts to entertain the thought.
I couldnt see the club letting Hiku go with the uncertainty of snake and his injury,especially if he is going to be out for a month,unless they are going to roll the dice with Gutho or Tom T,as for the salary cap,with greenburg there at the top,he would have given them the green light,no salary cap Des,go for it

Too right. Hiku is playing more regular season games than Snake at the moment. More than just a back-up full back. The boy is gonna be great, and will hopefully replace the great Snake when he decides to retire.

HappilyManly said:
Just saw a very happy and relaxed Hiku, Starlo and Jesse in the surf. :)

They were happy to be recognized and feel more confident of a win than posters on this thread :shy:

There is no beach at Belmore, Hiku ! :cool:

Are you stalking in hope of a shirtless Wolfie sighting?;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4