Hiku to hooker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MadMarcus said:
Kevinward777 said:
I reckon Peta could be an explosive power running number nine in the mould of Isaac Luke. He's quick, strong and defensively solid with ball playing skills.

Why would we want to turn him into an a*hole?

Isaac Luke has mould in his a*hole?? Wow, the Burgess boys Pom influence is really rubbing off. Now the Souths players are obviously not showering enough.

Expect to read this in The Mole next week. lol

Kevinward777 said:
I reckon Peta could be an explosive power running number nine in the mould of Isaac Luke. He's quick, strong and defensively solid with ball playing skills.
g'day all,You've copped a pasting kev, but i agree with you in fact i even made reference to it in a previous post earlier in the season after watching him play and something about him made isaac luke pop into my head as the game in question he spent plenty of time in the middle of the field,i think he
may of been playing centre.Don't forget folks joe g started as a tearaway fullback.
cheers mike

Isaac Luke's neck, shoulders and quads are also about twice the size of Hiku's and Luke has probably been playing hooker for most of his life. You do not just switch an outside back to the forwards (let alone hooker) and expect him to play this super attacking role that you've made up for him and cope with the demanding defensive requirements of it as well.

Kevinward777 said:
Garts said:
Kevin, I think you are on crack. Give it up mate!!!

And just like that any semblance of credibity I may have had regarding Manly was flushed rapidly down the toilet, resurfacing somewhere off the heads at Bondi!

It was the role model you used Kev. Anyone else and it would've been a talking point mate :).
Have I told you how much I f@ckin hate Luke!...don't start me...:mad:

Stevo said:
Isaac Luke's neck, shoulders and quads are also about twice the size of Hiku's and Luke has probably been playing hooker for most of his life. You do not just switch an outside back to the forwards (let alone hooker) and expect him to play this super attacking role that you've makeup for him and cope with the demanding defensive requirements of it as well.

g'day all,not suggesting its going to happen overnight or tomorrow but maybe at some stage in the future who knows.And as for physique the bloke who's widely regarded as possibly the best of all time is hardly the most impressive in physical stature nor are several other highly rated hookers.Also there has been many on this forum suggesting that someone coming on to provide a bit of spark at certain times of a game like le strange used to do would be good for us and i think this is more the role we are alluding to rather than an 80 minute tackling machine.Of course it may not happen indeed he may make another position his own but he has shown me he is pretty keen to get involved in a game and that attitude brings to mind the old saying of i'll play anywhere so long as i'm in the team.
cheers mike

Why is it every time when a good player comes along that won't make it in the 17 some immediately see him as a hooker. Ballin has been fantastic and Hiku at hooker will give us one less interchange. We have Buhrer to cover hooker and Hiku is ther to cover in the centres, wingers and fullback.

Hiku has played a couple of cracking games for us and will be part if our future if we can keep him but its not going to hurt him to serve his apprenticeship this year or next.

Other clubs that have to rush young blokes in burn them out. We mould them into superstars.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2