Hillsboro - Justice for the 96

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
As often happens during the footy season I’ve spent a chunk of time this evening planning things for the trip for me and the family to see the footy this weekend.

We have a load of people that we know are going and part of the fun is sorting out plans and working out who’s going, who is sitting where and what we’ll do after we’ve won.

There’s been calls, texts and emails back and forth and stuff on social media regarding plans for Friday and also the MWTS trip to Melbourne.

I’ve been swapping emails with the Mt Albert Club in New Zealand to work out plans for a return visit when we’re over there in July.

Going to the “footy” is a big but “normal” part of mine and my friend’s lives and I love the fact my family enjoy it too.

It’s fun, safe and a great way to spend time with the family and catch up with friends.

Many of you will have spent time with us at Brooky and grounds further afield and will know the fun and enjoyment to be had with joining friends and family at the game.

That is what watching sport is and should be.

April 15th marks the 25th Anniversary of Hillsborough.

This was one of the worst disasters to hit sport.

96 people went to a game of footy and never came home.

Their friends and family and many of those who went to the game are still struggling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

Twenty three years after this tragic event an independent inquest revealed a cover up and deceit that was too horrific to comprehend.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/hillsborough-report-uncovers-both-truth-lies-081331198.html

Please spare a thought today for those who remember Hillsboro and support the campaign for Justice For the 96

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/relive-liverpools-pulsating-32-premier-league-win-over-manchester-city-at-anfield/story-e6frf4a3-1226882893183

It was a disaster that changed the way forever that football is watched in Britain.

The families of the victims have been fighting to right this horrible injustice and finally be allowed to have closure.

As a football lover and having lived in England for four years, this whole episode has been an ugly cover up and hopefully the people who told bare faced lies will be brought to account.

RIP the 96 - You'll never walk alone!! and heck this is coming from a Man Utd fan.

sheridanstand78 said:
It was a disaster that changed the way forever that football is watched in Britain.

The families of the victims have been fighting to right this horrible injustice and finally be allowed to have closure.

As a football lover and having lived in England for four years, this whole episode has been an ugly cover up and hopefully the people who told bare faced lies will be brought to account.

RIP the 96 - You'll never walk alone!! and heck this is coming from a Man Utd fan.

I thought this happened at a soccer game not a footy game. Not that it matters much.

It was spine-tingling, watching that game v City on Sunday night.

I'm a lifelong Man Utd man too, but sincerely hope Liverpool win the League as some SMALL fillup for the fans and especially the families.

I'm also a Man U fan but was really moved by the scenes at Anfield on Sunday.

If you haven't seen it, find the Liverpool match at the MCG with 100,000 singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

If I remember correctly, the problem started when the fans were mistakenly channeled into the wrong part of the ground.

Great post Vidmar. Reminds us that after all, sport is just sport.

I'm a big Liverpool fan & also went to melbourne to watch the game i was almost in tears when 95,000 fans sang the YNWA song.
As for Hillsborough i remember those vivid pictures in 89, god bless the soles of the supporters who lost there lives.4 games left for the reds who need to take it game by game & not to think to far ahead.WALK ON,WALK ON.

I am a Leeds fan but have always had a soft spot for LFC. The vision of that night and the YWNWA was spine-tingling. I hope Liverpool with the EPL but more than that - that the families get comfort and justice.

The pressure on the players, and Brendan of course, must be immense.

Twenty-four years without the silverware would be enough, but the desire to give Liverpool some solace, seems immeasurable.

I think the season they've delivered already would make most fans proud and, under the circumstances, will bind them all even closer together.

Man City only drew this morning; that's two points they've let slip...

All the best, Liverpool.

There is a doco on this on ESPN on Tuesday night for those interested.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4