Hodkinson returns to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If Hodko plays this week well then:

Walker to 3
Trent has to decide who he keeps on the wing Suli or M Wright, Baz if you're reading this post please choose Suli on the wing instead of M Wright

Baz is still too busy reading all the posts telling him he is a ****wit for playing Walker at 5/8 ....... when he finishes those he will get onto the posts calling him a ****wit for playing an unfit Suli ...... I am sure he will get to your (sensible) post in time ....

If Hodko plays this week well then:

Walker to 3
Trent has to decide who he keeps on the wing Suli or M Wright, Baz if you're reading this post please choose Suli on the wing instead of M Wright
Wrighty needs to be on the bench as he can cover all back positions :wait:

Tommy can wait a while in reserves

**** off hodkinson, walker is playing just fine, we dont need him.
Be honest, we arent gonna do anything special this year, if we do somehow make the eight, well get knocked out first round. Best to look to next year blooding young guns
Either way he's good back up,thank God DCE is one of the most durable players around, but what would happen if either Walker or DCE were injured, then we would really struggle

Hodgko has played well when given opportunity and is a sound organiser.
I seen him get burnt badly by Dufty a few weeks ago, but his speed has never been his strength, but head on defence in tight is rugged and willing.
Kicking game handy and an area we lack he has in spades - "taking the ball to the line".... and bringing players with him in attack.
Another key area is his yap - which has improved the past 2 weeks at Manly, but he naturally does this better than anyone in the current lineup.
An astute signing imo.

Weve gone from 100 /1 roughly to 50/ 1 today . So win this week the 25/1 . 13/1 , 7/1 , 3 /1 and favourites to win the comp within a month . Lifes so easy .
The planets are aligning :D

Prince William married in 2011 - Manly's 8th :trophy:
Prince Harry marries in 2018 - Manly's 9th :trophy:

giphy.gif

Guess the announcement will come tomorrow when he turns up at Narrabeen

https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2018/05/14/sharks-release-hodkinson/

Sharks release Hodkinson
Author Sharks Media

Mon 14 May 2018, 05:25 PM
The Sharks have released Trent Hodkinson, effective immediately, to take up a multi-year offer at another NRL club.

Hodkinson joined the Sharks in 2018 on a one-year contract.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan explained the Hodkinson release and wished the experienced half back all the best at his new club.

"It was part of an agreement we had with Trent, as we weren't in a position to extend his contract beyond 2018, if he could find a multi-year offer somewhere else we wouldn't stand in his way," Flanagan said.

"He has been very good around our club, we thank him for the games he has played and wish him well in his future endeavours."

Arriving from the Newcastle Knights during the pre-season, Hodkinson played four games for the Sharks in the top grade this year and has now played 160 NRL games across four different clubs.

With Chad Townsend and Matt Moylan currently in the Sharks halves and with youngster Kyle Flanagan waiting in the wings for his opportunity, the club is confident they have the depth necessary to cover for Hodkinson's departure.

I think he is exactly what we need.
Great passing game, good kicking game, solid enough in defense and most importantly an organising half.

He doesn't have to be a livewire half, we have plenty of points in us - just needs to provide direction.

Awesome news! We were 101/1 before Brisbane, shortened to 67/1 after the game, and will come into 40/1 uf Hodko is with us. After we beat the Storm, we will drop to 15/1... Happy dayz for is coming up, our season is alive, barring further major injuries...

Happy as a stopgap given the injuries, but i hope "multi year" is no longer than yhan the rest of this one and next.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10