Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
While you aren't wrong on that point.....should the unthinkable happen and DCE suffers a season ending injury, or even if Qld suffer an injury crisis and they are forced to pick him.....having Hodko's experience to lead the younger guys in Hastings or Croker wouldn't be a bad thing.

His bad knees aside regardless of any fitness test, I'd rather have at least Hodko who is an experienced half than have to rely on Hastings AND Croker at the same time. Who knows, the might surprise. But I'd still prefer some experience there.
I would have a degree of confidence in Hastings to manage playing reasonably well as an actual half back for Manly if D C E was not available and even with Croker as his half"s partner .. Again however the uncertain element remains and if Hastings is considered the best 5 / 8 option and all things normal with D C E unavailable , a back up and experienced half would still be desirable . Croker seems to have done everything right in the pre season training and could be the 5 / 8 front runner at the present time but only time will tell and having a back up and experienced half would only add more confidence for the solid preparation and a well balanced squad for the approaching season .

While you aren't wrong on that point.....should the unthinkable happen and DCE suffers a season ending injury, or even if Qld suffer an injury crisis and they are forced to pick him.....having Hodko's experience to lead the younger guys in Hastings or Croker wouldn't be a bad thing.

His bad knees aside regardless of any fitness test, I'd rather have at least Hodko who is an experienced half than have to rely on Hastings AND Croker at the same time. Who knows, the might surprise. But I'd still prefer some experience there.
All good points and i agree somewhat, however if dce is out for any medium to long time then we do not win the premiership so for that reason im happy to have him as the sole experienced half.

$300 or $400 for Hocko!

Please board... suck it up, put away the outdated and not really justified pious crap and do what should be done and sign Carney, for probably less. Get with the times, this is a serious business nowadays not a moral fantasy tale.

It seems Baz wants Carney but the board won't have him at the club so last resort is Hodko. I also was hoping for Carney but no to be. If Hodko can stay fit I feel he might be a handy pick up anyway. Will have a great team around him and will just have to play a distributor role as was Green. The left side attack will have plenty points in it with Turbo and Thompson running lines. Also it solves our goal kicking issues which will be the difference between being condenders or pretenders.

Are we starting to create another Silvertails myth like the one about Baz not liking a running hooker?

I am not certain that the board said no ... but I am fairly certain that if Baz wanted him bad enough he would get him.
Snake reported a few weeks ago that the board didn't want him, also has been pretty stout about Hocko coming on board.
He seems to have a finger on the pulse more than most.

Baz appears very keen on Carney and a meeting between them was reported here very recently.

I hope you're right.

Snake reported a few weeks ago that the board didn't want him, also has been pretty stout about Hocko coming on board.
He seems to have a finger on the pulse more than most.

Baz appears very keen on Carney and a meeting between them was reported here very recently.

I hope you're right.

Agree with all that, but I think even @Snake would agree that the board being "cold" on the idea of signing a congenital "****-up" and the conclusion that the board is now dictating recruitment to the coach is a stretch.

You didn't say that but it is amazing how quickly myths are born here.

I think the board probably said are you serious and Baz said yeah but not enough to fight WW3 over it.

Agree with all that, but I think even @Snake would agree that the board being "cold" on the idea of signing a congenital "****-up" and the conclusion that the board is now dictating recruitment to the coach is a stretch.

I think the board probably said are you serious and Baz said yeah but not enough to fight WW3 over it.

Sounds plausible mate.

The reported Dee Why RSL meeting has me intrigued, it was quite a while after the board's reported distaste for Carney. All will be revealed eventually I guess.

I wish something would happen im ****ing over it . The whole thing is like waiting for something but not knowing what it is . If there is such a thing but it sounds alright.

Last time the board let the coach have complete control was des.....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11