Holding opponent teams in their own 20.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our defense and aggression has been fantastic this game, but agree with you... it feels as if we ease the pressure on opponents at the worst times, we give away too many cheap penalties

I tried to relieve some pain by blaming refs, thing is as I sat back realising this game yet again was lost and my emotions had dwindled....some of these players simply hang on, have a 2nd go, lazy tackles and too many excuses and that's not the way to overcome these issues
These crappy leg ups and momentum changes will continue until there's accountability.
The players need to look long and hard in the mirror to find the real answers to these penalty issues, because the mirror will show exactly where the problems are

Every time our opposition is coming out of their red zone I'm all tensed up, just waiting for the ref to blow a penalty for them.

Especially when we put on a good hit, seems we always undo a great tackle with an immediate penalty.

We all readily accept that defence is attitude. But so is posession. We lack the attitude to be frugal in many ways that decide footy games

We understand completion rates but our attitude to most of the other things that help decide posession seems to be non existent

Every week we gets pantsed in a new way

Our on field leader is very flamboyant and often up to his eye balls in errors and poor decisions and he is the standard. He might not drop the ball but his attitude toward the footy is reflective in every thing we do

When your leader looks like he amps up on red cordial before games, you get what you get

Dce does elite things but is NOT an elite halfback.

Foran has outplayed him this season on 25% of the salary cap and about 30 % of the MVP points. Weird hey

Some people just like bimbos and himbos, as is there right too. But trying to justify it with complex footy talk is funny,

Saving money,dieting, footy control,whatever , you can budget, diet or talk it up but unless you take a frugal attitude into your work , you rarely do as well. Its just life

Leaders need to set the tone but ours is tone deaf

Last night we was conspicious by his absence rather than his poor decisions other than defence , but the teams culture is built around him and he is the standard

I just dont see how we get better as a team while he leads , and i dont see him in the team with a different leader at 7 where we need it too most

And yes i also believe he was conserving himself for origin

Im a des fan but surely he can see we need more than a strong leader on the training paddock

We all readily accept that defence is attitude. But so is posession. We lack the attitude to be frugal in many ways that decide footy games

We understand completion rates but our attitude to most of the other things that help decide posession seems to be non existent

Our on field leader is very flamboyant and often up to his eye balls in errors and poor decisions and he is the standard. He might not drop the ball but his attitude toward the footy is reflective in every thing we do

When your leader looks like he amps up on red cordial before games, you get what you get

Foran has outplayed him this season on 25% of the salary cap and about 30 % of the MVP points. Weird hey

Some people just like bimbos and himbos, as is there right too. But trying to justify it with complex footy talk is funny,

Saving money,dieting, footy control,whatever , you can budget, diet or talk it up but unless you take a frugal attitude into your work , you rarely do as well. Its just life

Last night we was conspicious by his absence rather than his poor decisions other than defence , but the teams culture is built around him and he is the standard

I just dont see how we get better as a team while he leads , and i dont see him in the team with a different leader at 7 where we need it too most

Im a des fan but surely he can see we need more than a strong leader on the training paddock

James,

You are a thoughtful man and you summarised in one sentence what I have been unable to nail down for 2-3 years.

Our team culture IS built around DCE and his successes and errors/effort shape how the team plays. To borrow from another member, he does elite things but is not an elite 7 , Cleary , J. Hughes, Keary and even the maligned Moses are able to lift their teams to a new level with their effort. Last night DCE made a kick that found grass and split the winger and FB and the Fox guys were ready to give him MOM.

But his general play is terrible and it is impossible for Haumole and anyone on that side to get clean ball. Foz on 25% of his cap is giving his outside men opportunities, he is aging but is still has a very positive effect on the side.

The worst of it is that Hasler has seen fit to extend him to 2025, i shudder to think how this team will be going even next year unless his involvement is diminished or we part ways (UK sounds good to me).

So even a thread about "Holding opponent teams in their own 20" is now down to DCE's leadership and salary? Even @BOZO must be impressed (and maybe a little jealous!) at your ability to turn every thread into a chance to post the same thing @:D

Every time our opposition is coming out of their red zone I'm all tensed up, just waiting for the ref to blow a penalty for them.

Especially when we put on a good hit, seems we always undo a great tackle with an immediate penalty.
Yeah but what are we doing wrong?
Everybody goes on about Penriths and Parramattas line speed....but when we try to do the same it's always that we've left too soon. Are we on some kind of tip sheet.....because even when I'm at the game we don't look any different to anyone else....and yet...each week we come in at 1/2 time with 40% of ball.

So even a thread about "Holding opponent teams in their own 20" is now down to DCE's leadership and salary? Even @BOZO must be impressed (and maybe a little jealous!) at your ability to turn every thread into a chance to post the same thing @:D
You have plenty of space to offer a footy opinion.

My post was about defence , posession and attitude of the team overall,
attention to detail as a team is spasmodic and reflects leadership IMO . Up to you if you join the dots

If you set the standard , you have to walk the walk. Its hard to talk about footy without including your captain, halfback, biggerst earner, most experienced, rep player when they are the same person

Bozo is bozo
James is james
You are you

Im cool with all of that, respect everyones rights to be themselves, say what they want. Your observations of me have a common theme even though half the forum , think the same. I just have more time

I don't disagree with some of what you say about DCE and his style and his leadership but I think it's a long bow to blame him for Manly copping so many off-side leg-up penalties.

Yeah but what are we doing wrong?
Everybody goes on about Penriths and Parramattas line speed....but when we try to do the same it's always that we've left too soon. Are we on some kind of tip sheet.....because even when I'm at the game we don't look any different to anyone else....and yet...each week we come in at 1/2 time with 40% of ball.
I agree that some of our penalties for breaking the 10m line too soon are overlooked for other teams.

I don't know if it's due to ref agenda/bias or simply a case of the ref not seeing everything (e.g. Storm's "east-west" play the ball right in front of the ref last night) but yeah, it does seem we cop more harsh calls than most teams.

I don't disagree with some of what you say about DCE and his style and his leadership but I think it's a long bow to blame him for Manly copping so many off-side leg-up penalties.
Not sure i did. i think our team mentality toward discipline overall reflects the leaders,

Every work place , standard is set by leaders

A lack of discipline doent mean that it manifests in a uniform manner ,

I worked in a place where friday arvo was a long pub lunch, some people got hammered, others knew the boss was at the pub and went shopping instead as they felt ripped off because the drove, or didnt like drinking .It was supposed to be about team building . People huh, heard some dress up and play footy

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8