Hooker and 2nd Row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
It looks like there are a some big selection decisions to be made!

Humphreys v GCKT for the 14 role, who gets the nod?

Burbo v Schuster for the left edge?

I’m really torn, I want them all in the team.

Yeah Burbo's spot till Schu knocks down the door and takes the jersey from him.

And that is not reactionary from today, been on this train all summer.

Humphreys and Gordie.....interesting one, need to see more.

I was at the game and Humphreys absolutely killed it today. He definitely has way more upside opposed to Gordie. Has piled on some kgs and was very solid in defence, especially in 1st contact. Also scored 2 try’s and kicked a stack of goals from the sideline.
Definitely gets the 14 jersey round one for mine.

I was at the game and Humphreys absolutely killed it today. He definitely has way more upside opposed to Gordie. Has piled on some kgs and was very solid in defence, especially in 1st contact. Also scored 2 try’s and kicked a stack of goals from the sideline.
If he keeps this up he might end up in the 9, let alone the 14

Yes big game from Jamie yesterday and certainly has the inside run for that 14 jumper. I thought Gordon played really well also albeit for far less minutes. Not sure why the disparity in minutes played but early days and lets see how they go against the big boys over next few weeks.

Yes big game from Jamie yesterday and certainly has the inside run for that 14 jumper. I thought Gordon played really well also albeit for far less minutes. Not sure why the disparity in minutes played but early days and lets see how they go against the big boys over next few weeks.
Maybe because Gordie is already the one earmarked for 14 in Vegas, based on his NRL debut late last year?
The starting side chosen for the Chook trial should give more pointers to how we'll line up in R1. Humphreys is definitely on the radar but a debut in the Vegas spectacular would be a big ask.

Last edited:
Admittedly haven’t seen much of Humphreys and am keen to watch him play at next week’s trial but I would’ve thought Gordon would be more suited to the 14 role, to complement Croker with his speed and running game around the ruck.

Humphreys being a former half might be too similar to Croker to carry both in the side, but Humphreys has age on his side and he seems to be growing in both talent and size. Wouldn’t surprise me if eventually it’s Croker the one to be missing out

Sometimes players perform so well they leave the coach little choice. I admire Humphries determination and he has worked very hard to build himself up. Lets see how he shapes up against the bigger and more experienced first graders next week. I hope it will be hard to keep him out of the 17 this season.

I used to laugh at teams who would get excited during trial time. It’s funny the game against Souths was not even an official trial maybe a kind of trial of a trial…. Looking forward to round one and hoping for a big year ahead…

I commented in the Trial thread however I thought Gordie provided a bit more spark and what you would want from your #14. Humphreys was impressive but this was more his all round game. He backed up for a long range try, can kick goals from anywhere and his defence was very good. I thought he was impressive however he is more like Croker which may mean Gordie gets first crack off the bench.

Admittedly haven’t seen much of Humphreys and am keen to watch him play at next week’s trial but I would’ve thought Gordon would be more suited to the 14 role, to complement Croker with his speed and running game around the ruck.

Humphreys being a former half might be too similar to Croker to carry both in the side, but Humphreys has age on his side and he seems to be growing in both talent and size. Wouldn’t surprise me if eventually it’s Croker the one to be missing out
Agreed, based on what I saw yesterday, this could be Croker's last year in the run on. Humpheries looked good and Gordie also starting the year very sharp. Gordie was very busy on the sidelines and keen to get involved. A Gordon/Humprheries combo in '25 is very likely.

Humpheries certainly taking a page out of Joey's book with that rump he's built in the off season. Those thighs are also huge. How does he find pants that fit!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8