Hooker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
Manly in my opinion are lacking in a key area at the moment and that is danger around the ruck. Trent Barrett is attempting to change Api Koroisaus game by making him a non running number 9 which I think is just plain stupid. Not the idea of a non running hooker but the idea of changing Api Koroisau into a non runner which is one of his best attributes. And why the hell let Matt Parcell go if you want a non running hooker. Parcell had quality ball service and solid defence though he lacked confidence to run and less mongrel than Api but surley if Barrett wants a non runner he sticks with Parcell. I love what Api brings to the table also but his ball service yesty wasn't good enough, last year I could live with it because he was new and had injuries but now he's had a full off season with us. And I don't think Hastings is the answer either. We need to go out and find a new dummy half and a new coach. Barretts plans make no sense, and I don't want him gone because of us losing, I want him gone because he's got absolutely not clue when it's comes to building a team. Get Cullen on the bench for spark and go out and find a high profile hooker.

As much as a bagged the hell out of poo last year. I'd like to see him given a crack at hooker. His style of play at hooker, is what Barrett is after. Simply distribute, and tackle your guts out.

In a couple of weeks when Hastings is ready for first grade, he will be the creativity later in the match, off the bench.

[QUOTE="Turbo1, post: 880678, member: 27016] I don't think Hastings is the answer either. We need to go out and find a new dummy half and a new coach. Get Cullen on the bench for spark and go out and find a high profile hooker.[/QUOTE]

We can't afford a new quality Hooker with Snake and Skivvy on the books. Also Parcell is gone, forget about him. We can revisit Barrett after round 7... I doubt Hastings will get a shot over Poo, so realistically, you are saying put Brown as the starting Hooker with Api on the bench.

While I agree with what you are saying, you know it's not going to happen that way. Be careful what you wish for.

What gets me is, the answer to this problem with Api is rather simple. Why doesn't Barrett grab Api, and tell him to distribute the ball quickly from dummy half? Don't try to run it unless you feel it an opportunity to pick up 20 metres. Then, get Green to train Api how to pass the flat ball, not behind, flat, to a ball runner? Honestly, it's not that friggin hard, just needs some training. The rest of his game is pretty good...

Matty Ballin used to do this well, and Green is a master at flat distributing.

As I mentioned in another thread Cullen has to be nipping at Api's heels with some great stats from the weekend's NSW Cup game following a quality pre season:

1 try
2 try assists
2 line breaks
152 metres
Was he playing hooker or half back?

As much as a bagged the hell out of poo last year. I'd like to see him given a crack at hooker. His style of play at hooker, is what Barrett is after. Simply distribute, and tackle your guts out.

In a couple of weeks when Hastings is ready for first grade, he will be the creativity later in the match, off the bench.

Ala Matt Ballin

That's all he did , and did it bloody well.

I find that hard to believe
Barrett generally tries to use most modern footy options and to have simply a passing Hooker....is not today.
Krilich....Steve Edge, Peponos - all simply distributors in 80's.
This was changed by Elias, Walters types into today's prototype who have both....like Smith, Farah ....the simple 1 dimensional pass from dummy half takes away the games most lethal advantage...attacking that ruck or at least, have the defence in 2 minds to create space out wide....the tighter you can scare opposition to over compensate closing the gates, is what allows that space for your speed men out wide.
Manlys best bust against Eels was from this very position from DCE.
Barrett cops plenty but I can't buy into him not wanting to engage the ruck???
This would be footy suicide!!
Yeh nah

As I mentioned in another thread Cullen has to be nipping at Api's heels with some great stats from the weekend's NSW Cup game following a quality pre season:

1 try
2 try assists
2 line breaks
152 metres

& tackles?

I want Granville so bad at Manly but I doubt we will get him. He'd be perfect I think and than we could have a player like Hastings have some game time to give him a rest with Hastings getting use to the defence. I also don't think Barrett will see out 2018 if we miss the 8.

Give John Lee a run....
images.jpg

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8