hoppa vs t rex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You guys keep bagging T-Rex, I think you all miss the point. He isn't a 300k+ player. Everyone judges him against Lyon and Snake. If you look at his stats when he plays a full game he is always up the top of the table. He's on 175k and worth every cent. The constant bagging is crap and you need to go and have a look at the stats and costs before going off half cocked.

I don't bag him based on his price tag, I bag him because he never looks interested or plays with passion. Plus, he can't defend at centre/wing.

Most people generally bag him cause he rarely runs his hardest, his hitups out of our own half are almost non existant, he's defensively challenged, he's not on the list of our best backs or forwards, should i go on? He was really used as a fill in winger when we had no one.

Question for you Jerry. Why would we keep someone who doesn't really have a position in the team, regardless of pricetag? Is it cause he's supposed to be this awesome front rower or impact player? If so, why haven't we seen any sign of mongrel or aggression or urgency from him yet? Is it because maybe he doesn't have it?

Masked Eagle said:
Captain of the Gate said:
Approx figures Hoppa is currently on about 90k a year, T-Rex about 200k. Hoppa's current price tag is based on being a junior and being on a development contract. His market value now is probably around the price we are paying T-Rex. Bulldogs interest may drive his price even higher.

From memory Hoppa isn't even in our to 25 atm. As far as I'm aware he is still on the initial 3 year contract he signed which had him in our 2nd tier cap outside the top 25. According to reports at the time is was a 3 year/$300k contract (that's $100k per year for the mathematically challenged).

According to a report I saw on Bigpond news, young Hoppa wants $175k per season to stay with us. So automatically to keep him we need to cut someone from out top 25 and find an extra $75k from somewhere.

Interesting. The Official NRL media Guides have the top 25. Manly has 26 in the guide, probably due to dual captaincy and the captains are on a separate page to the other 24 players. Having 23 on the list would look unbalanced compared to other teams so they throught someone extra in. The Top 26 is:

Captains: King, Lyon
Players: Ballin, Buhrer, Cherry-Evans, Cross, Foran, Galuvao, Harrison, Hopoate, Kite, Lussick, Matai, Mauro, Oldfield, Robertson, Robinson, Rodney, Rose, SeuSeu, B. Stewart, G. Stewart, Watmough, Whare, D. Williams & T.Williams

I'd expect Hopa or Lussick would be the one to drop off the list to make 25.

Masked Eagle said:
Approx figures Hoppa is currently on about 90k a year, T-Rex about 200k. Hoppa's current price tag is based on being a junior and being on a development contract. His market value now is probably around the price we are paying T-Rex. Bulldogs interest may drive his price even higher.

From memory Hoppa isn't even in our to 25 atm. As far as I'm aware he is still on the initial 3 year contract he signed which had him in our 2nd tier cap outside the top 25. According to reports at the time is was a 3 year/$300k contract (that's $100k per year for the mathematically challenged).

According to a report I saw on Bigpond news, young Hoppa wants $175k per season to stay with us. So automatically to keep him we need to cut someone from out top 25 and find an extra $75k from somewhere.

Interesting. The Official NRL media Guides have the top 25. Manly has 26 in the guide, probably due to dual captaincy and the captains are on a separate page to the other 24 players. Having 23 on the list would look unbalanced compared to other teams so they throught someone extra in. The Top 26 is:

Captains: King, Lyon
Players: Ballin, Buhrer, Cherry-Evans, Cross, Foran, Galuvao, Harrison, Hopoate, Kite, Lussick, Matai, Mauro, Oldfield, Robertson, Robinson, Rodney, Rose, SeuSeu, B. Stewart, G. Stewart, Watmough, Whare, D. Williams & T.Williams

I'd expect Hopa or Lussick would be the one to drop off the list to make 25.

It would be interested to see if Hoppa was in our 25. We obviously don't know all the ins & outs of the salary cap but I am 100% sure that young Hoppas initial contract was outside the top 25 players. I'm guessing there are clauses which means once he earned a certain amount through bonuses or played at levels higher than u20s than perhaps that changed his status and where he was included in terms of the cap.

Might even be Whare to drop of the list?

Where? On the minimum playing reserve grade. I'd let him go for the opportunity he could get elsewhere. Won't get much at our club.

Fonz said:
Where? On the minimum playing reserve grade. I'd let him go for the opportunity he could get elsewhere. Won't get much at our club.

He is first drop behind Oldfield & Hoppa when it comes to the outside backs. Given that they may both be starting at various points throughout the season & that Whare has just come back from a nasty ankle injury it is a decent position for him to be in.

So if all fit, assuming we pick the side like Des has been. After the starters (Stewart, Robertson, Lyon, Matai, Hopoate) Then the others waiting (D Williams, Oldfield, T Williams) then comes poor old Whare.....

Even if they did want him, i wouldn't expect him to stay. Unless of course they ditch say, wolf and Fifi.

Fonz said:
So if all fit, assuming we pick the side like Des has been. After the starters (Stewart, Robertson, Lyon, Matai, Hopoate) Then the others waiting (D Williams, Oldfield, T Williams) then comes poor old Whare.....

Even if they did want him, i wouldn't expect him to stay. Unless of course they ditch say, wolf and Fifi.

How does T-Rex factor into the discussion at all? He is being played a forward, no reason for his name to spring up.

Realistically Whare will have as good a shot at FG playing for Manly as he would at most other clubs. No reason for him to leave other than money & I think that the club will be keen to match any offer that he receives (within reason of course).

no contest.. hoppa wins hands down .. he is eager keen & trys stuff.. hoppa beats 1st man 9 times out of 10 ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7