How did you see the refereeing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
It seems to be a constant on here that we complain about the refereeing. I know I view the match, live, without the benefit of TV replays and commentary - and through maroon-coloured glasses - but again I thought we got duded.
What was the penalty count? It seemed Canberra got a leg up, not as much as Melbourne last match, but certainly they weren't harmed by the pinkies like us.
Was it just me? I almost gagged when I heard one radio report as I was heading home that Furner complained about not getting to 50:50 calls!
Surely he was not serious.

I think we made our own mistakes. We got 1 or 2 bad calls but it is our discipline and ball handling that is hurting us.

I rarely think a team is robbed. The internet often overstates just how rough their team cops it.

Lets hold on to the ball, make our tackles. If that doesn't win the game then lets turn on the refs.

No complaints from me.

There was a few dodgies but they happen in every game.

The Who said:
It seems to be a constant on here that we complain about the refereeing. I know I view the match, live, without the benefit of TV replays and commentary - and through maroon-coloured glasses - but again I thought we got duded.
What was the penalty count? It seemed Canberra got a leg up, not as much as Melbourne last match, but certainly they weren't harmed by the pinkies like us.
Was it just me? I almost gagged when I heard one radio report as I was heading home that Furner complained about not getting to 50:50 calls!

Your evaluation is correct.

I thought they were "less terrible" without being good.

It's the inconsistency especially with the 10 and the flat passes out of dummy half.

We got some dud calls, but I do remember the Raiders getting called for a lost ball when Ballin clearly had a hand in there.

To be honest, we did more to hinder our own cause than the pinkies.

The Who said:

Yes, he was serious. I watched the coach/captain interviews after the game and he was complaining again that they were not getting any of the 50:50 calls. He reckoned that it was something like 90:10 against. I thought that he must have been watching a different game to what I saw because to me, it was us who weren't getting the calls.

Jethro said:
The Who said:

Yes, he was serious. I watched the coach/captain interviews after the game and he was complaining again that they were not getting any of the 50:50 calls. He reckoned that it was something like 90:10 against. I thought that he must have been watching a different game to what I saw because to me, it was us who weren't getting the calls.
i heard that too what a laugh..

i thought the refs were better than last week , but we do give some silly penalties away, frustrating ones i may add..

however , good win

torana355 said:
I think we made our own mistakes. We got 1 or 2 bad calls but it is our discipline and ball handling that is hurting us.

100% correct

The Who said:

Totally agree with you on this, we certainly got dudded yet again by the men in pink, IMO....!!

For starters, the Raiders were offside a number of times and were not penalised on each and every occassion as a consequence, it was a bit of joke actually after a while.

^ Yep, even when Jamie runs directly at them to win the penalty (as he did against the Storm, losing the ball which then led to their last shot at goal), the refs simply won't call it. Everybody watching knows it's a penalty. The players involved know it's a penalty, but the refs let it go.
The one that had me spitting at the TV last night was a forward pass from a Canberra playmaker while they were on the attack and the ref - who was right there - turned his head quickly to look at the touch judge, then turned his head back and did nothing. He knew it was forward but didn't want the responsibility of making the call. There was another one, too, where Ferguson lost the ball as he was playing it and agin the ref was right there watching it and let play go on.

I don't have an issue with most of the dumb penalties we are giving away. What I have a massive issue with is seeing the opposition doing exactly the same garbage & not getting penalised for it.

Consistency from the refs is my main concern. We lose a lot of penalty counts and I can understand why

Here is my best example from last night

Horo runs the ball, 2 Raiders players lay all over him and no whistle. A few tackles later when Canberra have the ball, Glenn is on top of their player for half that time and the whistle is blown

I'd love to know how we seem to be the only side in the comp that doesn't get the benefit of home town refereeing lol

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
At the start of the season the 10 metres was policed well and the ruck area was the same as a result the speed of the game was fast and there was a lot more ball movement. However it seems that since they have changed the obstruction rule the refs have stopped focusing on the 10 and the ruck.

Every week there are frustarting decisions. The ruck is a lottery, especially when the refs allow the tackled player to move off the mark and get "tangled" with the tackler who is trying to get back to marker. I'd love to see them start penalising the attacking team in some of those instances, because I find it one of the most frustratingly blatant breaches of the rules in the game.

mickqld said:
I don't have an issue with most of the dumb penalties we are giving away. What I have a massive issue with is seeing the opposition doing exactly the same garbage & not getting penalised for it.
Kiwi Eagle said:
Consistency from the refs is my main concern. We lose a lot of penalty counts and I can understand why

Here is my best example from last night

Horo runs the ball, 2 Raiders players lay all over him and no whistle. A few tackles later when Canberra have the ball, Glenn is on top of their player for half that time and the whistle is blown

I'd love to know how we seem to be the only side in the comp that doesn't get the benefit of home town refereeing lol

Yes, I agree with the both of you. I would also like to know why when we laid on the tackled player for supposedly too long it was a penalty against us and when the Raiders laid on our players for the same or longer time, we were "milking".

They also missed the forward pass that led to the Raiders first try (FOX commentators failed to notice it too) and also the other blatant forward pass that I saw in the second half that Ron E. Gibbs pointed out in his post (Post: #12).

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8