How good is our recruitment! Well done Manly!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
Our new signing Ligi Sao: from Warriors fans: sounds good!

Sao is the top prop in the NYC or close to it = garunteed FG contract.
I have heard a number of sydney clubs have put in FG offers already.
will be hard for warriors to keep him.

Three of the team's forwards topped 100 metres last weekend, Ligi Sao with 181 metres from 16 runs!!

The recruitment has been outstanding! We have just re-signed our rep halves for next 3-4 years. We have re-signed the 2 most promising 18-19 year olds in the country in Gutherson and Jake T for 3 years. We have quietly signed potentially the best 2nd rower in Toyota cup, Chee Kam.

I wonder who else could be on the radar. We have lost a few;

Lussick, Harrision, Trex, Whare, Oldfield and still rumours around Wolfman, Brett for next season.

So, with some more changes:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Ligi Sao
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Michael Chee-Kam
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Brent Kite

???

Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Ligi Sao
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Michael Chee-Kam
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Brent Kite

???

I agree the 2 signings could be astute ones but dont expect too much from them next year. Big gap between NYC and NRL for forwards.

I'd like to see us have a crack at Masoe from the roosters. Losing trex see us with out a big man, Masoe could help fill part of that void.

Cameron said:
I'd like to see us have a crack at Masoe from the roosters. Losing trex see us with out a big man, Masoe could help fill part of that void.

Would rather Tasi, assuming that the rumours about both of them being on offer are true.

Let's hope he doesn't get wet, no one like a soggy sao.

Which will also clearly be his nickname too

I dont think Chee Kam or Sao will be in NRL 1st grade next year. They still have some development in lower grades to go yet.

Over the last five years or so our recruitment has been fantastic. Now the decision-makers face pressure to keep players when lesser teams have more money to throw around. It is very difficult. I commend them for their acumen, and I can only stand by their decisions to let certain players go. I'm sure none of us really know the full details. While disappointed to lose Harrison and Whare, in particular, we must accept it as part of today's environment.
I still smirk thinking about The Gladiator's advice to Joe to turn to the Ministry because he was washed up as a footballer. If that's an example of having one owner then I hope Manly never cedes such power to one person! Our recruiters saw in Joe what he, and Parra, didn't - and hasn't Joe been a revelation. Praise the Lord!
What I do know is that, if possible, it's wise to keep some money up your sleeve (not in the cupboard like Melbourne) so that you can sign up mid-season bargains like Shackleton and Faioso (sic). I think both players would have come to Manly knowing they had a chance to be in a premiership winning team.

Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Ligi Sao
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Michael Chee-Kam
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Brent Kite

???

You amaze me. You are prepared to put 2 rookies in the starting side and have internationals, origin players, premiership winners and a clive churchil medalist on the bench. Chee-Kam and sao havent even played against men yet.
Reminds me of the yarts when you had luccetti in the starting side and was also pushing for Cuthbertson on the wing.

Wolfpack said:
Cameron said:

Would rather Tasi, assuming that the rumours about both of them being on offer are true.

Is Masoe the number 17 that tore us up the middle last Sunday. Easily Roosters best player last week and would be worth the money.

Cheers for the positive vibes authors.

Manly is a great club and by far the most interesting sports club in the country.

Why ? Cause it exceeds expecatations. That could be one reason why players are interested and some others are moved on. That and the salary cap. And the fact news ltd hates manly for not being their northern jewel when the raid was on will always give this club a higher ground than the dogs or to a lesser extent the sharks.

Something is driving this club. Something good.

No worries weevs, I ALWAYS try and write positive things here :dodgy:
I agree with your comments about the club. We definitely live on the edge of our seats and that makes it interesting. How about this:

Penns, Zorba, Des and taking nearly everything but the kitchen sink, kicking down Parra's door :D Brookie or Brokie :p Resigning our stars (stressful) Mr In[/align]visible

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8