How to feel deflated after winning? .... Follow Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just want him to run straight. Why the need to crab across field. And having the ball stripped? Isn’t he touted as the strongest man in the NRL? Just hold onto the ball and run straight and hard. That’s what props are meant to do

Put the last 5 minutes aside and enjoy the weekend with 2 points over the purple scum. It's kept us alive and given us some hope for a better end to the season. Hopefully after the bye we come back firing for a tilt at the top 8. From there who knows. We've shown against Storm, Cows and Parra that we are capable of beating those top teams. Penrith however they're just on another planet.
We can always hope one of the others knock them out! Parra seems to go well against them.

I can't believe the **** in reading in this thread. I didn't expect us to beat melbourne. They are with penrith the stand out team in the comp. Now grant the last ten mins werent pretty. However in the 70 minutes before that we did enough to shut them out. Even more so if we fixed our goal kick.

We are also not supporsed
To win without Tom, we haven't beat top 4 team in 2 years, we haven't beaten a top 8 this year. We did both tonight with out the best player in the
Game. Stop being negative clowns and enjoy the fsct
We got the purple scum. Good night
You’re my hero, I should be feeling good today.

It wasn’t one person’s fault.

If anything, the issue materialised with Garrick’s injury. He clearly wasn’t OK and his attempt on Asofa-Solomona was nowhere near his usual intensity in defence. He hadn’t even gone up into the line, he hung back and was steamrolled. Usually, he make better first up contact and do enough to hold him off until teammates arrived to assist.

It was the next kick off that involved the offside penalty. If we kick that ball down and defend the set, the game probably finishes 36-16.

Then we make a kick off error again. From there, the psychological damage was done.

A fit Garrick, could have potentially prevented the entire fiasco.
G'day all,I may be wrong,but i'm pretty sure Reuben was actually the half for that scrum and was actually busting across from the far side of the scrum,and it was a mighty effort considering he was on one leg.Unfortunately the second rower breaking from the scrum didn't display the same urgency and effort.
cheers mike

G'day all,I may be wrong,but i'm pretty sure Reuben was actually the half for that scrum and was actually busting across from the far side of the scrum,and it was a mighty effort considering he was on one leg.Unfortunately the second rower breaking from the scrum didn't display the same urgency and effort.
cheers mike
Now that you mention it, he was lock - I noticed him there because he never actually put his head in & the ref was looking at him so if he had've managed to stop NAS there was a penalty coming the Storm's way.

Oh, you'll see errors - he wouldn't be Keppie without a couple - but he was hardly alone in those. He also got put on report for contact off the ball late in the game when the Storm were scoring a try. Didn't see too much in it, looked shoulder to shoulder to me, but the commentators suggested he might be in trouble.
Thanks @Ron E. Gibbs - he always is good for some boneheadedness sadly. A great one on one defender and an enthusiastic team member for sure... but a pumpkin for a head! We certainly don't need any more suspensions that is for sure.

I am inflated after that win. I don't give a flying kit and caboodle. A win is a win.

I think the team has put a lot of effort into their performances and are pushing their limits. That might be a good thing as we progress through the year as they will gain fitness and endurance. As I told Ryan I rate this team.

Having Aloiai missing last night made a bit difference he is a tough battering ram who takes a lot of impact. I doubt that fade on the end would have happened if he and Jurbo were on the field late.

Great win!

NYEagle

In all honestly, who here thought before kick off that we would pick up the two points against the Storm, who whilst without Munster and Kaufusi, had Papenhuyzen back and a bloody strong squad.

If there were many that hand on heart thought we would I would be very surprised (I certainly didn't!).

Yes we conceded some poor tries to finish off the game, but we also put 36 points on the Storm and physically dominated a pack with the Bromwich brothers, Asofa Solomona, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant. We also dismantled them in attack, stripping them for numbers out wide countless times.

Our play the ball speed I thought was great and the effort was huge.

We can now watch the rest of the teams go at it over the weekend knowing we have 2 points in the bag, a bye upcoming and then another home game against the Knights.

The skies may be grey in Sydney but there's plenty to be happy about after last night!

I was feeling terrific after 74 minutes of footy, up 36 - 12.

Then we let in 4 tries to completely ruin a great win.

We did the same against the Cowboys, but lost.

WTF is wrong with Manly in 2022?
Haha, imagine how poor Panthers fans were feeling after the grand final last year, they only won by 2 measly points! They must have been so deflated pissd off and embarrassed.

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

Haha, imagine how poor Panthers fans were feeling after the grand final last year, they only won by 2 measly points! They must have been so deflated pissd off and embarrassed.

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV
Perspective ha ha time ...

You are missing the point here feathered friend comparing the Panthers performance against a full blooded strength Storm team playing for their lives for a grand final win .

We are far from being compared to a resolute Penrith team at the moment

I believe we can build from last nights win but we have a lot of work to do

Former and current Manly legends have their say

Paul Vautin
"Someone call an ambulance," Vautin proclaimed at full time.
"(Call) 20,000 of them (for every member of the crowd.
"There's not a lot of laughs or smiles from the Manly players."

Jake
That finish is a bit disappointing,
but it's a win, and we needed it."

Perspective ha ha time ...

You are missing the point here feathered friend
No I'm not missing a point. But you're entitled to your opinion and true, you aren't alone. For some people even the incredible 2011 premiership win was ruined by things that happened soon after. Maybe that's you but it's not me.

It seems some people are incapable of being happy.

Unless it's an absolute performance of 100% perfection, they're not happy & will find something to complain about.

I wonder if these people apply the same standards & expectations to their own lives 🤔

No I'm not missing a point. But you're entitled to your opinion and true, you aren't alone. For some people even the incredible 2011 premiership win was ruined by things that happened soon after. Maybe that's you but it's not me.
Yes we are entitled to our opinions and that is what makes this forum great

A great balance of views all round

Comparing the Legendary 2011 team to the 2022 one is an other opinion that we differ feathered friend

Have a great day and we both look forward to a win against the knights in our Merry Manly finals Journey

It seems some people are incapable of being happy.

Unless it's an absolute performance of 100% perfection, they're not happy & will find something to complain about.

I wonder if these people apply the same standards & expectations to their own lives 🤔
Jake Quote..
That finish is a bit disappointing,

Jake Feeling the disappointment in last nights win
knows where some passionate disappointed Manly people are coming from

Why ?
For those that do not understand is that Manly people have high standards to live up to

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

I mean, in a standard NRL season, you've got a 50% chance of your team winning each week & a 1 in 16 (soon to be 17) chance of winning the minor premiership &/or the grand final.

What do these people expect? Manly to win every game & the minor & major premiership every season?

OR ELSE???? 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8