How to greet Gallop on GF day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why not do nothing at all. I mean absolute deathly silence.

The sound of crickets chirping and a squark from an errant seagull would be fitting and show David Gallop exactly what he means to us. Nothing whatsoever.

Couldn't agree more.

Spuds Bodyguard said:
Why not do nothing at all. I mean absolute deathly silence.

The sound of crickets chirping and a squark from an errant seagull would be fitting and show David Gallop exactly what he means to us. Nothing whatsoever.

Volley said:
I'm not applauding the prick, but I highly doubt I'll boo him either.

Because the Stewarts are polite respectful people, I suspect that although they've been through hell during the last 2 1/2 years they would probably prefer politeness shown to Gallop instead of the sort of ugly bogan behaviour that we saw from the Melbourne fans 2 weeks ago.

Sure it was fun to see the anger thrown at Gallop in Melbourne, but I'd hope that Manly fans are a cut above such crass behaviour. We didn't boo him or make a spectacle at the battle of brookvale 5 weeks ago.

If Manly win the GF there will be months of celebrations, then it will be time for Gallop to come over the Spit bridge cap in hand to make the peace with Brett and Des.

Maybe next season after a WCC win it will be a new beginning...the sort of beginning we should have had in March 2009

Maybe next season after a WCC win it will be a new beginning...the sort of beginning we should have had in March 2009

I'm sure with the likes of Peters, Delmege and Mayer all gone, we won't see the hubristic sort of behaviour that led into the disaster that was the start of the 2009 season.

I'm sure the survivors of that fiasco have learnt a salutary lesson.

We have a chance here to show class, to build a bridge not so much with Gallup, but with the Rugby League Community, who presently think we are whingers.

We should politely applaud when he is announced and wildly applaud our boys.

This is a golden opportunity that we shouldn't waste.

Saying nothing is the best option. Don't applaud, don't cheer(as if that will happen) and don't boo. Treat him as if he's not there. I'm not worried if he calls the fans terrorists. If he does that, it will show how shallow he is, and not fit to be the head when the IC is formed.

I wont boo him. If Manly win giving Gallop a hard time is the last thing I will be thinking about.

Matabele said:
Why don't we show we're better than the idiots from Melbourne and politely applaud him. Might just be the olive branch that is required.

who are u and what have u done with matas

IMO the best way to show due respect to drunks, louts and loudmouths is to just ignore them and go about your business. Our business is supporting Manly.

A crowd full of Manly chants would be a fantastic background noise during any boring speeches that few, if any, want to hear.

Grand final day is our time, not the officials'.

When he comes on, everyone should get up and head for the bar for a quiet refreshment. Booing would put the eagles supporters at the same level as the storm scum bags. The silent treatment works a treat.

Chanting 'Brett Stewart, Brett Stewart' upon Gallop's introduction would show love and respect for the man who matters :p

Otherwise the silent approach would be appropriate, as we will need our voices for the 'Eagle Rock' as Killer raises the Trophy !!!!!!!!

Matabele said:
Why don't we show we're better than the idiots from Melbourne and politely applaud him. Might just be the olive branch that is required.

Yeah after reading some post i agree we still have next yr to think of , no need to give him reason to throw crap our way next yr. And he has been trying i give him that even though its too little too late ..

Agree with above, he may not be everyone's cup of tea but let's rise above his rubbish people. In the end it is not life and death it is just a game, I would suggest many of us would not speak/act the way some have previously endorsed (outside of this thread) in public or outside of the safety of a crowd, this tells me that innately many know that it is unacceptable. Also I have issues with comparing race issues of America in the 60s to the issues our club has encountered. People time to move on

Matabele said:

Quite right, we have to show the public that we are better than they think we are.
Its time to get over all of this

Peter C said:
Matabele said:

Quite right, we have to show the public that we are better than they think we are.
Its time to get over all of this

^^^ This

Garbage. He doesn't deserve any leniency. We can shut up for the sake of it to show we have moved on or how 'understanding' Manly supporters are, or we can tell him how we really feel. It is up to all of you to decide. I, for one, won't be happy until he vacates the role and lets in someone who can take our game forward. Mediocrity will not be tolerted. David is mediocre at his very best.

Fluffy said:
Daniel said:

If we boo, he will compare us to terrorists

cant have that, we should just blow him up instead

Good one, Silvertails.net has just made the top of the CIA's terrorists watch list

I do like the idea though :D

Would be great if we could have a Billy Idol moment between the begining and the end of Gallops speech. It would be the most intelligent thing that we will hear from him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4