Hypothetical re Gutho

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

which back would you drop to retain Gutho?

• Hiku

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Jorge

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Lyon or Matai or Snake

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • other

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • no one

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
Jorge offers something no one else does - hard runs out of DH that take pressure off the pack. Matai used to do this but he's getting older and grabbing the neck more so Jorge is needed for this more than anything. That first tackle hit up off a kick return.

I think it's a really good question to ask, ok we want to keep him, but who does that mean is left out. It's like everywhere when people talk about the Top 8 and they name 12 teams to make the 8. For someone to make it, someone has to miss out.

Now having said that I'm going to contradict myself (a bit). I think the reality is we have 3 back who are ageing and the reality is they will rarely be on the field at one time in 2016. I would also have Killer at 5/8. But assuming people stay on the field its 1. Snake, 2. Tommy T, 3. Hiku 4. Matai 5. Gutho. So it's Taufau for me that misses out. I think Tommy T and Gutho would have added a lot of speed and x-factor, and a lot of enthusiasm.

Thats assuming Lyon goes to 5/8 though, which I dont think he will. In reality if there is an injury, Tom T will come in first. If there is another injury, Gutho would of also then been called up, but in the mean time playing reserves. I think he would like to be playing first grade on his own merrit, every week. Not waiting for a couple of injuries to happen.

Also they resigned Satini who is an international (Samoa I think ;)) so he is there for depth and has gone ok when called up before. Definitely better than Williame and if injury free, has potential too...

Also they resigned Satini who is an international (Samoa I think ;)) so he is there for depth and has gone ok when called up before. Definitely better than Williame and if injury free, has potential too...
Never displayed in 1st grade the potential that Gutherson possesses.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6