I admit it...it's time for a rebuild.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agree....I still think our pack is quite decent - yes Hooker stands out like a sore thumb as a weakness and Croker is so far off the pace as a bench impact player at hooker I can't do anything but laugh. It's the backlines inability to defend even the most basic of set pieces structurally and a laughable lack of speed among most of them which is costing us game.

Sheridan I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks.....we need youth & it hasn’t been forthcoming apart from Hoppa’s inclusion yesterday. Anyway too many in here think they’re experts on the clubs salary cap & that we have X amount tied up in certain players & these players should be moved on to accommodate other players. They think players like Burton, Johnston etc are gonna come here for cheap! The get rid of Marty campaign has become a joke. A year or so ago everyone was pi$$ed off at the Marty wants out rumours yet now want him gone coz they think he’s on 700,000 plus.....which I doubt he’s on but he’s worth every cent if so! He along with AFB have been our best, our go forward week in week out! For mine Jake is NOT worth the 900,000 he’s supposedly on. He offers nowhere near what Marty & AFB do & yet the ‘let’s get rid of Marty’ brigade want him to stay & stay he will but......Same with Walker...he apparently resigned for much less than what he was on yet let’s get rid of him. Yes we need to off load some players but if we let Marty & Walker go then next year will be another right off. We have youngsters who can step up in place of (hate to say it) Taufua, Gosiewski, Croker, Waddell, Levi, Thompson etc. We sign a couple of players in their place (primarily Matt Parcell) & with Hoppa, Schuster, Olakau’atu, Saddler, Titmuss, Fainu bros we have a pretty good squad for 2021 & beyond. The senior players & leaders in Marty, DCE, Siro, AFB, Tom, Jake, Walker are needed to nurture these youngsters, bring them along, reassure them during tough times. All of these guys have gone thru quite a bit & are the clubs heart & soul right now. Hasler plus a new assistant coach (not Cartwright) have the means & talent at their disposal to turn this around! We just have to be a little more patient & the coaching staff take some risks now with the young ones not next year!
@madmax, there is a hell of a lot of what you write is so true. The club has some decent young players and they have spent far too long sitting on the bench idle when our team is crying out for speed, enthusiasm and creativity.

The coach has been so loyal to the players who are now exposed as really not being up to it. We lack leadership in the team and we do not have the capacity to get into the arm wrestle right now.

I would like to see players who are carrying injuries and its obvious that Sirro and Thomo are crocks right now, we have a gaping hole in our 9 and we need to really get this right for next season or this form will just continue.

We have four effective dead rubbers to end the season, its time to give Oka his chance, bring in Schuster to see what he can do! Season 2020 is over as far as finals go for our club now we need to think of 2021.

Its time to retire some of the failing players in our team and for goodness sake play players in their correct positions as you can see how disorganised we are at the moment with and without the ball.

@madmax, there is a hell of a lot of what you write is so true. The club has some decent young players and they have spent far too long sitting on the bench idle when our team is crying out for speed, enthusiasm and creativity.

The coach has been so loyal to the players who are now exposed as really not being up to it. We lack leadership in the team and we do not have the capacity to get into the arm wrestle right now.

I would like to see players who are carrying injuries and its obvious that Sirro and Thomo are crocks right now, we have a gaping hole in our 9 and we need to really get this right for next season or this form will just continue.

We have four effective dead rubbers to end the season, its time to give Oka his chance, bring in Schuster to see what he can do! Season 2020 is over as far as finals go for our club now we need to think of 2021.

Its time to retire some of the failing players in our team and for goodness sake play players in their correct positions as you can see how disorganised we are at the moment with and without the ball.
But we all sadly know come tomorrow afternoon they will , that is those out of form players still be named out loyalty.

Oh and yes players will play out of position also.

We're only really 1 decent winger, a returning fainu or good hooker and the emergence of Guacamole away from being a completely different team. Just need some injury luck to go with it.

Tom is one of the best players in the competition. Funa is emerging and has looked sharp the last few weeks - I really like his defence. I think he can be as good as Elliot in Tom coverage with some more positional training. He should be looked at for a permanent wing spot next season. Parker is great defensively, has a knack for poking his head through a gap and is our best kick chaser (very similar to Croker in that regard). If Suli can keep his weight and fitness in check he can be anything, still young enough just needs to get involved. The other wing spot is a bit of an issue and we need someone with some speed if we are going to go with a defensive focused centre like Garrick.

People are underestimating Walker's absence as well, especially defensively. In contrast to Cust, when Walker shoots out of the line he gets his man more often than not and at least disrupts the play due to his speed. This is very important in the defensive system we are trying to run. I also think he could be a great running half with some injury luck. DCE is brilliant, I know people like to rag on him but he can only work with the platform and service he is given. Our attack is very clunky thanks to Levi and Crokers terrible game awareness and passing as well as the lack of fast play the balls.

We have the best front rowers in the comp, with Paseka and Keppie emerging as good rotational players. Thats the big positive this season we can take into next, when AFB and Marty go off we should be able to maintain momentum.

Hooker is the biggest need by a mile for us. With Fainu we are a different team. We need someone to provide line speed, tackle strongly and pressure kickers in defence. In attack we need someone who can engage the markers, put the pass out in front of our players and capitalise on the offloads. Levi does none of this, Croker can engage the markers sometimes but then throws it over the head of the first reciever - he can't do both.

I think our edges have let us down a lot this season. Good edge backrowers really make a team's attack. I think Sirro has been playing injured, defensively he is great and usually he runs a good line but it appears as though the injured knee has severely affected his lateral movement. I think Thompson has been courageous but poor, his tackling is ineffective and he adds very little offensively at this stage of his career. I think Guacamole can really make Thommo's position his own next year, he looks like he could be an absolute gun. If that's true it really elevates our team (as long as we have a good hooker) - look at what Kikau does for the Panthers.

We are not that far off. Our team is young and was predicted to make the top 4. We need a bit of luck, one or two players and an off season training regime that allows us to better exploit the new rules.

Think our biggest issue is that a lot of our salary cap seems to be chronically injured and not on the field. Given the nature of the game and it would appear to be across most teams, this is the biggest risk to success in the NRL. The teams that have quality back up - win. Whilst we have second rowers backing up as replacement backs we will continue to be also runs in any competition.

Clearly this year identified that every team needs big, tall, fast wingers. We don't. All teams need fast and talented centres, and whilst Suli is on a precipice on whether he will or won't have a successful career, I think we can all agree our back line in comparison to other teams - SUCKS.

In review for the year I would love someone to tell us all about the methodology of our team selections over the past 2 years, and why so many great younger players have been released to other clubs and given an opportunity in NRL at those clubs and succeeded?

I reckon in the off season we will lose some of the likes of Hoppa, Funa, Miski, Schuster, Docker Clay etc etc.

Wouldn't be surprised if some more senior players ask for a release either.

Think our biggest issue is that a lot of our salary cap seems to be chronically injured and not on the field. Given the nature of the game and it would appear to be across most teams, this is the biggest risk to success in the NRL. The teams that have quality back up - win. Whilst we have second rowers backing up as replacement backs we will continue to be also runs in any competition.

Clearly this year identified that every team needs big, tall, fast wingers. We don't. All teams need fast and talented centres, and whilst Suli is on a precipice on whether he will or won't have a successful career, I think we can all agree our back line in comparison to other teams - SUCKS.

In review for the year I would love someone to tell us all about the methodology of our team selections over the past 2 years, and why so many great younger players have been released to other clubs and given an opportunity in NRL at those clubs and succeeded?

I reckon in the off season we will lose some of the likes of Hoppa, Funa, Miski, Schuster, Docker Clay etc etc.

You can add sipley and Boyle to that list, why they have got very little or no game time in sipley's place just does my head in.

Have you heard of unrest amongst the senior players?

Taking out the emotion due to a poor 2020 and using some actual logic...whatever that is....
Damn we have been unlucky (again) with injuries to key players, but this does give an insight of a few improved players who have stepped up and a few who have not performed so well.
Obviously a few fresh faces will be welcome and 2021 gives that kid to men jump for some serious candidates like Shu, Saddler, Metcalfe to come into calculation.
Changes don't need to be too extreme, just need to get them right, especially key positions.
I think we look a little tired and slow due to energy down atm and only need a bit go our way to turn it around and quickly...not a major overhaul of personel...just 1-2 rookies we have ready for 2021, return of injured star players and just a couple of new signings....
Without offending anyone, just after opinion on who to move on to move forward and make Manly as strong as possible...
I will put the head on the chopping block first and cop the tomato's

• Thommo - gone anyway, but need a dynamic edge runner with energy and speed
  • Taufua - Massive fan for years but to get a Staines, Saab type will add energy and speed lacking atm.
  • Walker - Has lost a fair bit of his number 1 trump card - pace....happy for funa to have a shot at centre at far less

An idea (IF) Foran was to come back would have Schuster in Thommo's left backrow slot, though rate him that good, feel at lock he can drift anywhere on the field and add So much attacking threat would be deadly.

In all, feel there's been an over reaction to change, with key players like Turbo, (Fainu), the addition of 2-3 players we already have and maybe only 2 outside backs with speed to burn, will challenge any opposition as early as 2021.

I posted this in another thread but this is who I would pick as our best side for next season if we release Walker and sign Foran.

1. Trbojevic
2. Hopoate
3. Parker
4. Funa
5. Garrick
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Fainu
10. Tapau
11. Olakau'atu
12. Sironen
13. J. Trbojevic

14. Cust
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Waddell

Suli I have concerns about him coming back from his foot injury and being able to produce at a high level. NRL physio reported that most athletes suffers a 20% drop average in performance the following season.

Fainu obviously is another concern with his court case. Unless we go out on the market we should give Cust the 9 jersey to keep building up his first grade experience.

Guys like Schuster, Anderson, B Turbo will be pushing to make the side in case of injuries.

Some tall athletic wingers and a decent hooker ( have a terrible feeling the Fainu trial won’t be until 2021 so could be another year without someone decent), is mostly what we need and of course a fit 5/8 and fullback.

We probably can’t reinvent the wheel in 2021 but it’s very clear what other sides have that we don’t and that’s why they are successful and we aren’t.

Could lose
Garrick
Jorge
Walker
Croker
Levi
Thompson
Kapow
And probably not miss a beat.

Some tall athletic wingers and a decent hooker ( have a terrible feeling the Fainu trial won’t be until 2021 so could be another year without someone decent), is mostly what we need and of course a fit 5/8 and fullback.

We probably can’t reinvent the wheel in 2021 but it’s very clear what other sides have that we don’t and that’s why they are successful and we aren’t.
Unfortunately not much is on the market that fits that criteria.

Starling looks like he will re-sign with the Raiders. Only likely options would be giving Peats a lifeline but he probably isn't much better than Levi.

Alex Johnston is still on the market but will probably be out of our price range. Patrick Herbert can play wing and also kick goals so he would be an interesting option. He lit us up when we played the Warriors a few rounds ago.

1. Turbo
2. Gap - Funa or a purchase
3. Funa/Parker - position battle
4. Suli
5. Gap - Hoppa or a purchase
6. Walker or Gap - Cust or Shuey or Foran or Someone Else
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Gap - or Fainu by some miracle
10. Tapau
11. Gap - Guacamole if he's up to it consistently or purchase
12. Sirro
13. Jake

Bench
14. Gap - Shuey or Cust or impact hooker
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Gap - Guacamole, GoJetski or edge back rower purchase

Depth:
Funa/Parker/Garrick
Shuey/Cust
Boyle, Sipley?
Waddel, GoJetski

I think we will need one good winger, a great hooker, a versatile bench player and some depth in the outside backs and at second rower.

I'd like us to sniff around(based on off contract list):
  • Hectic Cheese
  • Kevin Proctor
  • Sione Katoa
  • Tom Starling
  • Mason Lino
  • Connor Watson
  • Caleb Aekins
  • Tyrone May
  • Braydon Trindall
  • Jai Field
  • Cameron King
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Jake Friend
  • Freddie Lussick
  • Billie Walters
  • Isaia Papali'i
  • Baily Sironen

1. Turbo
2. Gap - Funa or a purchase
3. Funa/Parker - position battle
4. Suli
5. Gap - Hoppa or a purchase
6. Walker or Gap - Cust or Shuey or Foran or Someone Else
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Gap - or Fainu by some miracle
10. Tapau
11. Gap - Guacamole if he's up to it consistently or purchase
12. Sirro
13. Jake

Bench
14. Gap - Shuey or Cust or impact hooker
15. Paseka
16. Keppie
17. Gap - Guacamole, GoJetski or edge back rower purchase

Depth:
Funa/Parker/Garrick
Shuey/Cust
Boyle, Sipley?
Waddel, GoJetski

I think we will need one good winger, a great hooker, a versatile bench player and some depth in the outside backs and at second rower.

I'd like us to sniff around(based on off contract list):
  • Hectic Cheese
  • Kevin Proctor
  • Sione Katoa
  • Tom Starling
  • Mason Lino
  • Connor Watson
  • Caleb Aekins
  • Tyrone May
  • Braydon Trindall
  • Jai Field
  • Cameron King
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Jake Friend
  • Freddie Lussick
  • Billie Walters
  • Isaia Papali'i
  • Baily Sironen
Who is this Gap you talk about he certainly seems very versatile to fill in everywhere from prop to wing and bench utility :talking:

1) Turbo
2) Suli
3) Funa/Harper
4) Parker
5) Hoppa
6) Foran
7) DCE
8) Jurbo
9) Fainu
10) AFB
11) Siro
12) Olakau’atu
13) Schuster

14) Cust
15) Paseka
16) Keppie
17) Boyle

Release Walker, Taupau, Thommo, Levi, Elliot, Garrick, Croker, Gosie, Waddell, Taufua.... we would free up a tonne of cash.

We struggled with depth in 2020. This must be the priority.
We need better quality spine replacements. We definitely need a genuine 6 to help DCE.
For goodness sake,don’t mention Taupau as moving on,some people will suggest you don’t rate him and not see the bigger picture

1) Turbo
2) Suli
3) Funa/Harper
4) Parker
5) Hoppa
6) Foran
7) DCE
8) Jurbo
9) Fainu
10) AFB
11) Siro
12) Olakau’atu
13) Schuster

14) Cust
15) Paseka
16) Keppie
17) Boyle

Release Walker, Taupau, Thommo, Levi, Elliot, Garrick, Croker, Gosie, Waddell, Taufua.... we would free up a tonne of cash.

We struggled with depth in 2020. This must be the priority.
We need better quality spine replacements. We definitely need a genuine 6 to help DCE.
I find all of these YARTS perplexing because we still haven't seen how 11 players in our roster would perform at NRL level.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10