I admit it...it's time for a rebuild.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
All this talk of trying to offload DCE and even paying for some of his contract is absolutely farking crazy.
Without a quality half you have no chance, we were just spoilt when we had both Foran and DCE ,
Sure, he might be overpaid, but would you rather Ash Taylor, Mitchell Moses, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt?, no way.
To begin with, he's hardly ever injured and we certainly don't have anyone in our squad who could even come close to what he does.
When the Sate of O comes around again he will be the first player chosen for QLD, and some on here want to offload him, I just don't get it.

All this talk of trying to offload DCE and even paying for some of his contract is absolutely farking crazy.
Without a quality half you have no chance, we were just spoilt when we had both Foran and DCE ,
Sure, he might be overpaid, but would you rather Ash Taylor, Mitchell Moses, Corey Norman, Ben Hunt?, no way.
To begin with, he's hardly ever injured and we certainly don't have anyone in our squad who could even come close to what he does.
When the Sate of O comes around again he will be the first player chosen for QLD, and some on here want to offload him, I just don't get it.
I’ll be interested to see what sort of effort he puts in for the last 4 weeks given they’re out of contention and Origin is at seasons end

Unfortunately...
His only hope is, and it's a slim one, is that if Jack Debelin is found to be not guilty, the NRL could have egg all over it's face regarding it's stand down laws.
When Greenturd brought this in, no one envisaged such a long drawn out legal process and in hindsight now seems grossly unfair and perhaps the Players" Association might have something to say about it.

Last edited:
Maroons will pick Munster and Ponga before DCE. So probably third picked.

Captain means nothing in Origin. You just toss the coin. If you are in the school yard picking teams you are picking Munster and Ponga ahead of DCE every day of the week, well at least I am.

Captain means nothing in Origin. You just toss the coin. If you are in the school yard picking teams you are picking Munster and Ponga ahead of DCE every day of the week, well at least I am.
DCE will be there, Ponga to fullback, Munster 5/8, Morgan , if he makes it, to bench

Captain means a lot in SOO
There would be no greater honor to select the captain to lead the team
The Great Mercurial Maroon DCE was the chosen one for good reason
16x9_large.jpg

Captains mean nothing in origin..
Jockeys mean nothing in horse-racing..
Goalkeepers mean nothing in soccer..
All just as ridiculous as each other..
DCE is the captain.. he is the certainty.

Slight difference between those 3 examples, 2 of them are pretty crucial to the outcome the other makes little difference. Are you telling me Queensland couldn't win if DCE wasn't Captain ?? Let's say they made Munster Captain, do they run around in circles like a jockeyless racehorse ?? do they concede points like a goalkeeperless soccer team ??

But anyway I didn't say they weren't going to pick him, I'm just pointing out that if you had to go pick for pick for your origin side you'd take Munster and Ponga ahead of DCE all day. He'll get picked because Queensland aren't exactly flush with 7's which is kinda ironic given the bottomless pit of 7's they had for decades.

Slight difference between those 3 examples, 2 of them are pretty crucial to the outcome the other makes little difference. Are you telling me Queensland couldn't win if DCE wasn't Captain ?? Let's say they made Munster Captain, do they run around in circles like a jockeyless racehorse ?? do they concede points like a goalkeeperless soccer team ??

But anyway I didn't say they weren't going to pick him, I'm just pointing out that if you had to go pick for pick for your origin side you'd take Munster and Ponga ahead of DCE all day. He'll get picked because Queensland aren't exactly flush with 7's which is kinda ironic given the bottomless pit of 7's they had for decades.
Im saying a captain is necessary. And the captaincy does affect the outcome between losing and winning. There's no way in hell qld are gonna win ths year regardless of who is captain though. Another thing.. ponga is extremely overrated in my opinion, especially in the origin arena.

I wont let you off the hook yet feathered friend
The Queenslanders are very proud and passionate people and Unlike your NSW mob they just dont pull out their captains out of a hat

The Great DCE has joined the other illustrious Queensland legends to lead their team by example
Beetson
Smith
Lewis
Meninga
Slater
Lockyer
Inglis
DCE
cherry-evansd-try-180711-sd-06.jpg

@BOZO you've clearly mistaken me for someone who gives a $hit who Queensland pick as their Captain. They can name Josh McGuire as Captain for all I care.

Rumours are that the dragons are shopping Ben Hunt to make some space for a prop. If we could deal them Marty and get them to pay some freight to even out the wages I think this would be a great deal for Manly (even if it is a bit pie in the sky). Marty is a better player but we have a lot of middles.

Ben Hunt is a legitimately good hooker but he can also move to 5/8 if Fainu comes back.His kicking game would take a lot of pressure off DCE, especially in the attacking zone. Would transform our team completely.

Rumours are that the dragons are shopping Ben Hunt to make some space for a prop. If we could deal them Marty and get them to pay some freight to even out the wages I think this would be a great deal for Manly (even if it is a bit pie in the sky). Marty is a better player but we have a lot of middles.

Ben Hunt is a legitimately good hooker but he can also move to 5/8 if Fainu comes back.His kicking game would take a lot of pressure off DCE, especially in the attacking zone. Would transform our team completely.
Why would they pay 1 mil for a prop?

like the Dragons Mcguiness , really keen competitor and very capable 9 and from games against Manly at least always seems to get the job done [ and well ] Maybe a price tag problem also unfortunately . Really have to have a better option then the present Levi - Croker 9 options and with Fainu unavailable again for most of next season . Have to have some hope that Walker can have a better future injury run[ as i st choice 6 ] and that Young Hoppa chooses to stay on . Ditto with Suli on the injury front and with Tom , goes without saying. Don"t think that Manly has to add much to come into final"s calculations again , just a more complete 9 and serious injury avoidance going forward .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10