I want to stay at Manly long term: Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
Utility Jamie Buhrer says he wants to commit to Manly long term as the Sea Eagles continue to search for a solution to their NRL salary cap puzzle.

Read More

Utility Jamie Buhrer says he wants to commit to Manly long term as the Sea Eagles continue to search for a solution to their NRL salary cap puzzle.

Off-contract star back-rower Glenn Ste
baf23d185db770aa6a5e123b810adc4f_resized1.jpg
wart's future at the club is under a cloud due to salary cap pressure, with Buhrer, also out-of-contract at season's end, putting in a timely reminder of his talents in Manly's victory over South Sydney on Friday.

Buhrer was one of the Sea Eagles' best in the upset win, in place of Stewart who was a late withdrawal with a groin injury.

With talk in-demand halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is set to sign a two year contract extension for around $1 million a year, the Sea Eagles cap squeeze is likely to only get tighter.

Buhrer has been linked to a move to Parramatta, but says he wants to stay at Brookvale.

"That sort of performance doesn't hurt, when you play good football your future will look after itself. I would love to be at the club long term," Buhrer said.

"It's well publicised we have some cap issues at the club and that is for my manager to sort out.

"I just have to keep playing games like this and that will look after itself.

"My manager is worried about that - I'm just worrying about playing good footy."

Buhrer says he isn't looking to be a replacement for Stewart.

"I've been playing a while now I know what I can do, I'm not Glenn Stewart," he said.

"Glenn Stewart is a great player in his own right. I was just looking to play my own game out there.

"I was confident in my own ability, and was able to put that forward.

"It was a good individual performance but I wouldn't have been able to do that without the team effort."

James Macsmith
AAP

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8815286

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4