Ian Martin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great pic with Bozo and Wombat and 1000's of fans. And yes - once as a kid at Brookie I saw him with his shirt off after a game and can confirm his shoulders were about a metre across, incredibly strong bloke.

The comparisons with Foz are interesting. I've thought that like Martin (and Cliffy) who could play lock, Foz would made a great replacement for Gifty at the back of the scrum.

I never saw Ian Martin play live, only ever on video, But after 4 premierships with Manly I'm surprised he isn't a life member already. He should have been years ago.

Ian Martin
(on Manly and himself): "Mate, I didn't go in for all that star crap, I just loved playing the game and playing for Manly ... I was never what you would call a student of the game. I can't tell you what the score was in the 49th minute of a game 15 years ago."

(on Ken Arthurson): "The man was the best thing to ever happen to Manly. He was very astute, a good bloke and always had the best for Manly at heart."

Chip and Chase said:
Ian Martin
(on Manly and himself): "Mate, I didn't go in for all that star crap, I just loved playing the game and playing for Manly ... I was never what you would call a student of the game. I can't tell you what the score was in the 49th minute of a game 15 years ago."

(on Ken Arthurson): "The man was the best thing to ever happen to Manly. He was very astute, a good bloke and always had the best for Manly at heart."

Ian Martin was the kind of player that makes you proud-very underrated and solid as a rock. Foran could take a leaf out of his attitude, as they are similar in style. Good luck on the life membership-surely earn't!

As stated old fashioned hard as nails player no really big as in muscle bound like todays players but he could tackle with the best of them. One of my fav all time Manly players I think he was or a butcher at one stage and as such I think he had a least one finger missing but like the old timers of that era he had a job and played footy at its highest domestic level.

faithful said:
. One of my fav all time Manly players I think he was or a butcher at one stage and as such I think he had a least one finger missing but like the old timers of that era he had a job and played footy at its highest domestic level.
Didn't matter back in those days, it was well before the digital age.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
faithful said:
. One of my fav all time Manly players I think he was or a butcher at one stage and as such I think he had a least one finger missing but like the old timers of that era he had a job and played footy at its highest domestic level.
Didn't matter back in those days, it was well before the digital age.

Nice!

Well....he didn't play 200 games so I'm using my vote to say no.

Just checked, although it seems like I've paid m'ship to the club for years.....I don't get to vote until next year (hopefully.)

P.s. Only kidding, I'd vote yes.

Ian Martin - life membership

At the Annual General Meeting of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club held on Wednesday 10 December, 2014, members voted unanimously for Ian Martin to become the 57th recipient of Life Membership of the Club.
The motion to appoint him was moved by Life Members Max Krilich and Kerry Sibraa AO.

Congrats to Mr Martin, a worthy recipient.

I searched for threads with Ian Martin in it but alas...nuttin

RE: Ian Martin - life membership

Magilla was Ian Thomson.

I think Ian Martin was known as Marto, Martsy, The Martmeister, Big Daddy Mart, or Marvin.

Chip and Chase said:
Magilla was Ian Thomson.

I think Ian Martin was known as Marto, Martsy, The Martmeister, Big Daddy Mart, or Marvin.

Wow. What a stuff up that was. I thought we WERE talking about Ian Thompson!

I re-read the emails the club sent and the title of this thread. How did I see Martin as Thompson.

Dan we need darker themes for the forum as I suggested in your new theme thread. All this white space is playing tricks on me. :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6