If I'm slammed for this - I'll quit this forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld link said:
Stop worrying you people we are specials. The Roosters are over blown overated hacks. Ryles is the biggest idiot in the game he will be easy to bait. Their halves are hit and miss their centers are rocks or diamonds. Today they will be rocks. If JWH plays then watch out for a Matai/Choc special that will send him into orbit. Do you think their outside backs are going to be able to stop T Rex...No way. Manly by 12

Mick,you are usually on the ball  :-[

Part of me hopes that the Dogs put us out of our misery next week. We will just be finals fodder and missing the finals might shock the club, administration and players, into action. Waiting on the announcement that Lussick is heading to the Roosters and Matt White has signed for next year...

Moops, I read that White resigned with his team, if we lose Lussick, Tasi and Hargreaves then we could struggle in long term future.

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=184891.msg287949#msg287949 date=1283035870]
BD, SKD is definitely one to be watched.

I watch every game every week,SKD is a cat with a high error rate, yes he has speed but very bad hands and a huge defensive error rate.

[/quote]
BD, can you please remind me again who scored 3 tries, couldn't be run down and who was good enough to take home the MOM cheque? :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=184891.msg287954#msg287954 date=1283036446]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=184891.msg287949#msg287949 date=1283035870]
BD, SKD is definitely one to be watched.

I watch every game every week,SKD is a cat with a high error rate, yes he has speed but very bad hands and a huge defensive error rate.

[/quote]
BD, can you please remind me again who scored 3 tries, couldn't be run down and who was good enough to take home the MOM cheque? :)
[/quote]

You was the one who made the stupid comments about Aubusson ripping teams apart (funny how that is omitted from your quote), and now trying to hide behind something else. Give the examples of Aubusson ripping teams apart as requested and I might have some respect for you opinion.

So you think SKD is not a cat, fair enough, you think his error rate is low fair enough, at least I said he has speed and I reckon I am right about the first 2 points. And yes he destroyed our side yesterday.

Yes, Aubbuson was quietish yesterday and I'm not sure what games you've been watching this season (although you claim to have sen them all) but he has been one of the 'stand out' roosters this year. Easily their most consistent performer. NEVER has a bad game. He would look great in maroon and white but the chooks only just resigned him for a further 2 yrs in the last couple of weeks.

You are 100% right about Aubusson never having a bad game, and I would love to see him in the maroon and white, a fantastic player.

I think you might be a politician though by not answering my question, can you give me some examples of Aubusson ripping teams about for example the way SKD, Carney and JWH did to us yesterday. :)

Hey btw it must be sparrow fart over there in the west.

carved up parra at parra stadium running on the right side off carney.one of the best forward games of the year.bobs up on both sides of the paddock to which i like in thise era of predictability.far better as a roving forward than as a centre.just back from injury which might explain his quietness.top class forward who i w ould love in maroon and white.

Yeah he sure did carve them up with

3 run in the match
a massive 48 metres gained (of those 25 metres thanks to a Jeff Robson misread in defence that lead to a try without a hand laid on him).
27 tackles

His season average is 7 runs a match for 66 metres. Hardly ripping sides apart.

yeak your right.he cant play at all.absolutelly hopeless.watch the replay and listen to the wraps he received that night,he was a constant threat.

in general i hate metre statistics and always have.good ball players who play before the line or look to poke  their nose thru and offload  come up like duds every week while wingers come up like gods on the back of kick receptions because the opposite side thought they were a wink link and kicked to them all night.

might work for props with no ball skills like weyman and ben cross but is all but useless everywhere else.call me old fashioned but i prefer to use my eyes.

susan link said:
yeak your right.he cant play at all.absolutelly hopeless.watch the replay and listen to the wraps he received that night,he was a constant threat.

in general i hate metre statistics and always have.good ball players who play before the line or look to poke  their nose thru and offload  come up like duds every week while wingers come up like gods on the back of kick receptions because the opposite side thought they were a wink link and kicked to them all night.

might work for props with no ball skills like weyman and ben cross but is all but useless everywhere else.call me old fashioned but i prefer to use my eyes.

See you miss the point totally, WAMF stated he ripped sides apart.

The fact is he is a defensive centre/backrower, and an excellent one at that.

I asked for some examples of his ripping teams apart and the reason you cant provide one is simple. He is not that sort of player. Your example was almost a joke.

I too dont like the stats but they dont lie.

you dont like stats....but they don't lie         

why dont you like them then.

stats give you no real idea of player impact other tham warhorses up front.have a look at lockyer,barely runs a metre and controls a game like a conductor.

i am sinply making the point is he is a very good player and gave an example of a game he played very well in.

in other words,watch the game,listen to the commentary and you may find that i was not the only one impressed by my "joke" of an example

actually upon reflection, as he is not an eagle,  I really couldnt care less.

I like to see the forwards bend the line, and you can rarely see that on TV or on the stats sheet.

And a Karma "thumbs up" to both susan and wamf.

I remember the game Susan is referring too, Aubusson did destroy them that night

Aubusson runs sensational lines, that is why he has been so dangerous all year

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I remember the game Susan is referring too, Aubusson did destroy them that night

I dont have a tape but it beyond dispute he made 3 runs for 48 metres and 25 metres were from the Robson misread when he scored untouched.

SO his other 2 runs runs which yielded 23 metres must of been something to watch if everyone remembers it.

I have had him in my fantasy side all year, and have been watching him closely every week, he had a blinder that game

Too quote N Sidhu

"Stats are like Mini Skirts, what they show is great, but what they hide is vital"

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184891.msg288708#msg288708 date=1283145005]

I dont have a tape but it beyond dispute he made 3 runs for 48 metres and 25 metres were from the Robson misread when he scored untouched.

SO his other 2 runs runs which yielded 23 metres must of been something to watch if everyone remembers it.
[/quote]
bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184891.msg288708#msg288708 date=1283145005]

[/quote]
BD, he makes an impact just about every game and is ALWAYS threatening with the ball. The parra game is a very good example of him tearing the opposition to threads. Anyway, time to give it a rest. He's a rooster for the time being. Let's discuss him again in a couple more yrs when he's coming off contract.

Fair enough I will eagerly await watching the Dally M's next week and no doubt, according to you guys/gal M Aubusson will get 3 points for his round 21 blinder despite not being mentioned (other than scoring the first try)in a single review I have read for this match.
:)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7