If We Can't Beat the Dogs....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we can't beat the Dogs who average 13pts per game with our season on the line then we are well and truly up **** creek!
And that's an understatement....if we can't, we don't deserve to be in the 8! :(

As @HappilyManly says, the concrete barren ANZ with low crowd and (one would think) less pressure, should help our cause....should. :nod:

They'll be without Josh Reynolds as well who is often one of their few sparks in attack.

I'll be headed out there and I expect this team to be nothing short of ruthless if they have any aspirations to make the finals.

It's a mental test that's for sure :fubar:

Manly just need to relax and not try and score with every pass :shake:

ANZ will be a vacant concrete place on Sunday :confused:

Manly 13+

This is one of those games they should take to Belmore. Two Sydney teams on a Sunday arvo should draw a decent crowd, even with the Dogs playing as bad as they are and us in somewhat indifferent form. But I would wager a bigger crowd would go to Belmore than it will to ANZ.

If we can't beat the Dogs who average 13pts per game with our season on the line then we are well and truly up **** creek!
Funny thing is if we lose we can still make it. But in all honesty manly should put a score on the dogs and lets face it they have more turm.. oil then texas . Yes we could do with a gun centre , and forward and maybe even one of those rangy Melbourne storm wingers would help , but all in all we have proved we CAN match it with the best of them when we have our game boots on . To me it all comes back to attitude and a bit of inexperience. We play more then not one half of football and need to play the full 80 if we are to venture into the finals .

The game on Sunday is a similar one to yesterday, we play a team only playing for pride and with nothing to lose. We must play a disciplined game otherwise we will come unstuck again, an opportunity to see what the team has learned from yesterday.

Well, if Des has really lost the dressing room, what better game for the players to show it?:)
If so, cricket score awaits.:party:
Sacking announcement after the game would be sweet:finger:

This is one of those games they should take to Belmore. Two Sydney teams on a Sunday arvo should draw a decent crowd, even with the Dogs playing as bad as they are and us in somewhat indifferent form. But I would wager a bigger crowd would go to Belmore than it will to ANZ.
It's the Sunday match-of-the-day which will be played in front of an empty stadium. Channel Nein have definitely screwed up with this game. The only thing it will showcase is that rugby league is dead when played at ANZ Stadium, and it will highlight the folly of the NRL/Governments 'Big Stadias' push. Our sport works beautifully at suburban venues of up to 20,000 where there is atmosphere and tribalism. To invigorate the sport the NRL/Government needs to update suburban grounds like Brookie, Leichhardt, Belmore, Shark Park etc and bring the sport back to the fans. Only for mega-matches should RL use ANZ Stadium.

I'm glad it's being played in a cavernous Stadium :nod:

Manly won't hear Baz swearing from the skybox :D

Go Maaaaanly :exclamation::clap:

As I've said in a few other threads, every game will be same as we got on Sunday.

Dogs will play better than they have for months.

Warriors will turn it on big time for I think their last home game.

Penrith ( by then it will be desperate for them as well ) will put on an absolute class at Brookvale for round 26.

Are we good enough ??

The Dogs are nowhere near as dangerous as the Tigers.

The only impact player they have is Reynolds, who isn't playing.

A win against the Dogs is a formality and is in no way an indication of "how we are travelling". Most of their players are playing dead to get rid of the coach.

We will beat them by 20-30.

They are the worst team I have seen in the NRL in 2017.

A win against the Dogs is a formality and is in no way an indication of "how we are travelling". Most of their players are playing dead to get rid of the coach.

Let's not forget this is Manly they are playing.

I think that changes everything.

This team is just too flakey. We might put 50 on the Dogs and everyone will be shouting we are back. The next week their attitude will stink and the Warriors will touch us up. I don't know what to expect from this team anymore.

If we don't defeat the dogs I might as well fall off a cliff

Manly by 40

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8