If worst comes to worst with Brookie...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
And there was no short to medium term upgrade (likely) is there any reason, other than it being the spiritual home of the bears, why we shouldn't, couldn't or wouldn't use North Sydney oval instead of moving to the sfs?

I would definitely prefer this. It's a great ground, North Sydney Oval. I have played cricket and rugby there dozens of times. Parking is an issue - but at least it's on the correct side of the Harbour.

I would definitely prefer this. It's a great ground, North Sydney Oval. I have played cricket and rugby there dozens of times. Parking is an issue - but at least it's on the correct side of the Harbour.
I may be wrong but I think these days the pitch is a drop in, unlike the old year round concrete like surface that it used to be.

If Brookie is finally done, it will be the Central Coast or Allianz, or a combination of both

I like Rat park ... having been a rat back in their second season .... but its position further up the peninsular may deter some from attending games ... just a thought

2020 I think is the cutoff, the talkfest of the last 25 years has to end and we need a result or Greenturd will lay it out on the line and we will be SFS or Gosford based. I really hope we stay at Brookvale but we need a decision sooner rather than later, the old girl has seen better days and the NRL will use the game day experience to justify this.

The thing is , without the Sea Eagles as a major tenant that probably pays around $4-500,000 a year, the council will be left with a ground that it will still have to maintain, perhaps not to Nrl standard though, however it will still be a huge liability for them.
So it's in the interests of the council that Manly still plays out of Brookvale

Isn't there still that combined 20 mil allocated government grant available for improvements ? I know also dependent on council approvals and hopefully substantial council participation . According to Penn and Gorman , there is presently some serious and detailed work going on to present and facilitate a satisfactory and desirable result for all important Brookie stake holders, especially and including the Manly club .

Purpose built ground at belrose seems a viable option too.
Nso is not up to scratch and worse in many ways than brookie

Isn't there still that combined 20 mil allocated government grant available for improvements ? I know also dependent on council approvals and hopefully substantial council participation . According to Penn and Gorman , there is presently some serious and detailed work going on to present and facilitate a satisfactory and desirable result for all important Brookie stake holders, especially and including the Manly club .

As for the statement in bold, how many times have you heard this over the past ten years?

Even with current/former premiers and a former PM as supposed fans, the only thing to come of these executive style club statements about future plans have been a few concept drawings.

I haven't seen anything yet from Penn or Gorman to suggest they will succeed here. They may, and I hope they do, but the clock is ticking.

2020 I think is the cutoff, the talkfest of the last 25 years has to end and we need a result or Greenturd will lay it out on the line and we will be SFS or Gosford based. I really hope we stay at Brookvale but we need a decision sooner rather than later, the old girl has seen better days and the NRL will use the game day experience to justify this.

I don't care what people say the day we move from brookvale permanently never to return is the day I will be handing in my membership. I will still go to the odd game and still support the boys but our home is brookvale oval not the SFS, central coast stadium or any other ground.

I agree with your post though we need an answer sooner rather than later on this decision.

Purpose built ground at belrose seems a viable option too.
Nso is not up to scratch and worse in many ways than brookie

There is a massive area at Forestville Oval that could be developed with both parking a d a purpose built ground. Being close to my house also works ;)

I love Brookie, some of my best memories come from days with my dad or kids there. For 55 years I've read and heard the bullsh*t that it is going to get developed It's never going to happen and they are not going to give us a new stadium on the Northern Beaches. We have more chance of Todd Turdburgler exonerating and apologising to us for the salary cap witch hunt than it ever being redeveloped, We are a safe Liberal seat and the politicians or the NRL don't give a crap about us.

Brookies alright it's done us OK. I'd rather a run down Brookie than a soulless empty stadium in the city.

Fucek the NRL. Fucek the Liberal party.

I like Rat park ... having been a rat back in their second season .... but its position further up the peninsular may deter some from attending games ... just a thought
The answer to all the travel woes is the B Line...

There is a massive area at Forestville Oval that could be developed with both parking a d a purpose built ground. Being close to my house also works ;)
People on the actual beaches won't travel that far.

I'm all for redeveloping the Rat Park area, especially if it soaks up the park behind because currently kids use that for AFL, so it's like killing two birds with the one stone...

Not sure if that $20 million is still available, there was $10 million from the Federal Gov and another $10 from the State Gov, which says is no longer a grant, but something that we have to apply for again, along with many other clubs, what bull$hit!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11