If worst comes to worst with Brookie...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People on the actual beaches won't travel that far.

I'm all for redeveloping the Rat Park area, especially if it soaks up the park behind because currently kids use that for AFL, so it's like killing two birds with the one stone...
In reality it can only be Brookvale, as a lot of the infrastructure is still in place, and is more accessible for away fans.

While upgrading Rat Park, or building a new stadium at Forrestville, would be ideal let's be realistic. Who would fund this?
If the Council, the Government and the NRL won't upgrade Brookie why would they do it for other options?

While upgrading Rat Park, or building a new stadium at Forrestville, would be ideal let's be realistic. Who would fund this?
If the Council, the Government and the NRL won't upgrade Brookie why would they do it for other options?
The NRL don't want a team on the Northern Beaches. We don't fit the master "foot print" of a national comp. They don't want us, Tigers, Sharks, Saints or Rabbits.

There will soon only be 3 grounds NRL is played on in Sydney.

Brookvale Oval is not one of them.

Even though I dislike what your comment says in reality you are right Todd won't allow us to play at brookvale maybe not even exist as a club if he has his ways.

Even though I dislike what your comment says in reality you are right Todd won't allow us to play at brookvale maybe not even exist as a club if he has his ways.

I never said I liked it either.

Actually I hate it.

But I reckon we very close to the end as far as Brookie goes.

Anyone who doesn't think it will happen best check out whats happening at The WACA ground. There is zero place for sentiment in this world.

I don't see how he/the NRL could stop Cronulla playing at Shark Park as the football club owns the ground.
Speaking of Cronulla, are you as amazed as me at the financial turnaround of this club over the past three seasons? They were broke; their Leagues club a financial basket case and their football team a drugged-up shambles. Yet they win the comp for the first time ever and now seem to be able to offer great incentives to good players to join them. I read that the Sharks offered Cricton more money than did the Rorters, and they were well in the mix for Cronk.

Lazy and entitled and people wonder why our club is in the position it is with supporters like this we have no hope.

Don't forget the misconception factor.

You do a head count of Dogs, Parra or Souffs fans at Brookie next time we play them then compare that to how many of our fans go to their godawful nests. We'd have them outnumbered easily even with their vastly greater numbered supporter bases. So maybe it's not Manly fans that don't travel. Maybe it's just that the people of Sydney don't find the Northern Beaches particularly practical to come and go from in general.

And to those suggesting Nth Sydney Oval. It wasn't of NRL standard 20 years ago. It's got no hope today. No corporates, no media, no electronic entries. It's a nice little, heritage listed club Union & Cricket oval. Nothing more.
Rat Park has all the same issues plus about half the capacity and is an extra 20 minutes (on a good day) out of the city.

Brookvale is in the Northern Beaches population centre (between Manly Vale and Collaroy), is on the main road and has at least adequate facilities.

We have to face it, it's Brookvale or the SFS.
If we move to Gosford I'm out. That's a relocation to another city so the team can no longer be called Manly Warringah and that stadium is an insult in every facet of its failed existence. If any ground needs to go, it's Gosford.

Lazy and entitled and people wonder why our club is in the position it is with supporters like this we have no hope.
This made me laugh quite a bit. You may want to go back and have a look for the joke you missed.

I don't see how he/the NRL could stop Cronulla playing at Shark Park as the football club owns the ground.
Speaking of Cronulla, are you as amazed as me at the financial turnaround of this club over the past three seasons? They were broke; their Leagues club a financial basket case and their football team a drugged-up shambles. Yet they win the comp for the first time ever and now seem to be able to offer great incentives to good players to join them. I read that the Sharks offered Cricton more money than did the Rorters, and they were well in the mix for Cronk.
It doesn't matter how much Cronulla offered Crighton, they are still governed by the salary cap and not personal wealth, I imagine they're looking for someone when Gallen finishes up next year and probably Luke Lewis as well, so this will free up a lot of the salary cap.
Cronulla got lucky, they were flat broke and just about gone, but they were able to get the two football fields next to Shark Park, that were gifted to them by the council fifty years ago, rezoned for high rise development.
They sold the land to the developers and were able to clear their bank debt, and part of the agreement with the developers was that they get ten percent of all the sales of the apartments, probably work out at around 30 million for the Sharks and they also will get ten percent of the total rent from the commercial leasing, that could work out to around $1-1.5 million a year also.
You'll find that Canberra is probably the wealthiest club that's not privately owned, they have substantial commercial property interests.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8