Imagine if we could do something like this in the future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I received a decent dm piece from the club re membership (based on previous match day ticket purchase)

This has addressed some issues raised previously re: why the club is not targeting casual game day attendee's

Lets face facts our marketing budget would be a fraction of Collingwood (i doubt their TVC is on free to air...), rather than trying to compete where we can not...and replicate what we can not...we need to trust in our ability to create compelling alternate markeing

Lets not forget the AFL have a good 2 decade start in terms of building memberships. Its still in its infancy stages in the NRL and the game and clubs will make some good decisions and bad decisions which will effect the growth of memberships. I'm sure we'll get better and in a decades time NRL memberships will be at levels compariable with AFL teams.

ps - I'm not going to watch that link because I hate the pies! Go Hawks!!!

lsz said:
Lets face facts our marketing budget would be a fraction of Collingwood (i doubt their TVC is on free to air...), rather than trying to compete where we can not...and replicate what we can not...we need to trust in our ability to create compelling alternate markeing

I've got to say I've found nearly all Manly's marketing I've seen somewhat underwhelming and dated. And I certainy don't mean offense to those who are trying and working on things behind the scenes.

Just take those screens with players sponsorship ads before the game at Brookie. It's right out of the '60's. It needs to be spiced up and brought into this century.

But if there is a move to freshen and explore new ways to promote membership, games and attendance, then I'm all for it and I just wish the promotion Larissa mentioned was coming out now rather than end of year so it would demonstrate the club is active and has put the last few months of disruption behind us.

Take a leaf out of some of the NFL work or EPL. This is 2012, not 1988.

Agree it the past efforts have not been the best but the DM piece i received was a step in the right direction

lsz said:
Lets face facts our marketing budget would be a fraction of Collingwood (i doubt their TVC is on free to air...),

On the contrary, I'd bet my new Manly scarf it will be shown on free to air. Maybe only Melbourne, but don't be surprised if they roll it out in other markets. They're agressive marketers the AFL people.

What is that saying? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

Volley said:
I bet ours will have Fatty Vautin in it.

I hope not. I can't even stand looking at the front of my membership card because he's on it.

Jethro said:
Volley said:

I hope not. I can't even stand looking at the front of my membership card because he's on it.

Oh no,a club legend and a former captain is such a blight on membership cards.......wait what?

The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Volley said:

Oh no,a club legend and a former captain is such a blight on membership cards.......wait what?
He has been a wanker in recent times Shane. Will never forget the way he hammered Brett on the footy show.

Never had the displeasure of watching that one,tbh i believed the tele before the trial.....now i trust no publication

The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Volley said:

He may be a hero to you Shane but he certainly isn't to me or anyone else in my family. I have no time for the man or his show ever since the mid 90's when our family were either going on or returning form our Christmas holidays and we stopped off at McDonalds at Raymond Terrace. After we finished our meal and were walking out the door, he pulled into the car park with Johnny Gibbs. My early-teened step-daughter wanted to say hello to him so I waited at the door with her. When she said her hello to him all that he could do was give her a bit of a frown and gave a grunt to her and kept walking. No time for a fan so no time for him as far as I'm concerned even if he is a supposed "club legend and a former captain".

Jethro said:
The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Volley said:

He may be a hero to you Shane but he certainly isn't to me or anyone else in my family. I have no time for the man or his show ever since the mid 90's when our family were either going on or returning form our Christmas holidays and we stopped off at McDonalds at Raymond Terrace. After we finished our meal and were walking out the door, he pulled into the car park with Johnny Gibbs. My early-teened step-daughter wanted to say hello to him so I waited at the door with her. When she said her hello to him all that he could do was give her a bit of a frown and gave a grunt to her and kept walking. No time for a fan so no time for him as far as I'm concerned even if he is a supposed "club legend and a former captain".

I've also run into him at a Maccas and he was more than accommodating. Perhaps he was just having a bad day?

To be fair to the club you can understand why they used Fatty

Simply, he gathers national exposure on a regular basis

Yes there is baggage with him but is it enough for anyone to not renew their membership opposed to the benefits to the casual fan

For a club with a limited budget you can understand the thought pattern

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4