• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thought this was an appropriate time and place to record the passing of a long term Eagles supporter. My father died Feb 4 this year after a long life, making it to 93. He became a Sea Eagles fan having moved into the area when he bought one of the defence service-built homes in the 1960s (formerly a North Sydney supporter having grown up in Northbridge). In the late 60s-early 70s he took me to Brookie of a Sunday, or sometimes out to the SCG for the Saturday match of the day if Manly were playing. We sat on the white timber benches around the fence on the hill side for the 1972 and 1973 Grand final victories. He was a season ticket holder at Brookie for several seasons in the 1980s.

Bit disappointed the opening game of the first season after his passing was not a win, but on the other hand the last game he was around for was our victory over the Sharks at the end of last season.

Sorry for your loss mate, a big and solid innings. Hope you find some happiness and peace in the following weeks. Sorry to hear it.
I need to redo the memorial pages soon

rip%202.gif

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
Condolences to both you and your family. :(

Adding my condolences as well. Hoping all the family is hanging tough in these times.

Glad you have some great memories.

My condolences as well. At the end of the day it's the memories that you're left with.
A lot of us can only look at old vids and pics of that glorious era. You got to experience it first hand with your father. It doesn't get much better than that.

Deepest sympathy to you and you're family. Im glad you have so many memories to remember you're father by.

Thinking of you mate but some great memories there, and that's what means the most after they have gone.

Going to Brookie oval with your Dad must mean you have some great memories...sorry for your loss.

You're lucky your Dad saw the light, sounds like he was a smart man. Great memories for you to have of your time watching Manly together, should give you a little lift every time they run out onto Brookie.

Condolences to both you and your family feathered friend
Thank you for sharing

I remember sitting on those white benches in 72 and 73. Great memories for you mate. Sorry for your loss but be pleased you had him for so long.

Mate, really sorry to hear that!! Great Manly supporting family. Hope all is well for you buddy & you have lots of friends and loved one's around you. Hit me up if you need a chat via PM.

Recently been through it all myself.

Very sad news. Your Dad must have been pretty tough to make it to 93. May he rest in peace.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8