In the interests of fair play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I worked from 9:30am til 8:00 pm on sunday.. i just put in huge early bids aswell... it only cost me Dean Widders and Israel Falou

Media Release
Mzilikazi Assegais
2pm 14th of March 2007.
For immediate release

COACH SLAMS CRITICS

Mzilikazi Assegais coach Jesus Jones has delivered a stinging rebuke to his critics for refusing to name his side until an hour before kick off and for hoarding players to retain depth.

"I'm not interested in other people's sour grapes" he said today from Hartsfield Stadium. "Our players are with us because they want to be with a professional set-up, not lumped away in some do-nothing club with a know-nothing coach."

"As Jason Ryles said to me yesterday, it's better to be in Premier League with the Assegais than starting for one of the other Motley Crues going around".

"As for suggestions I should name my side early - go and get stuffed".

Media Release
Mzilikazi Assegais
2pm 14th of March 2007.
For immediate release

COACH SLAMS CRITICS

Mzilikazi Assegais coach Jesus Jones has delivered a stinging rebuke to his critics for refusing to name his side until an hour before kick off and for hoarding players to retain depth.

\"I'm not interested in other people's sour grapes\" he said today from Hartsfield Stadium. \"Our players are with us because they want to be with a professional set-up, not lumped away in some do-nothing club with a know-nothing coach.\"

\"As Jason Ryles said to me yesterday, it's better to be in Premier League with the Assegais than starting for one of the other Motley Crues going around\".

\"As for suggestions I should name my side early - go and get stuffed\".

That is obviously a load of rubbish.

There is no way Jason Ryles would be able to pronounce "Mzilikazi Assegais"
He would be out injured for six weeks with a twisted tongue if he ever tried.

Boozehounds Update:-

Burpengary Boozehounds coach Nutzcraw says his team will not go into this weeks top of the table match against the Pie Throwers cocky and claims that although the pie throwers only had limited time to get a team together you can't discard anyone in this competition. "yeah, although the pie throwers only had limited time to get a team together you just can't discard anyone in this competition" Coach Craw said. Coach craw has also named centre Matt King as the Boozehounds captain in their first game in this competition. "yeah Matt King will be captain" Coach Craw said.

Minichiello, Pyros to Fire

Prahran Pyromaniacs coach Boutros Boutros Ghali has named weather phenomenon 'El Nino' as Pyros mascot for 2007.

"I noticed that most of Victoria was as smoky as the pokie section of my local Tattersall's club over summer, because El Nino made the place as dry as a dead dingo's donger."

"If El Nino can help out pyromaniacs off the field, it seems to follow that it will help when they are on the field as well" Ghali deduced.

Pyros fullback Anthony Minchiello remained non-plussed at suggestions new Pyros home ground 'your mum's house' has been so named as part of an elaborate 'yo mama'joke, but was upbeat about returning to the leading tryscorer's list following an extended lay-off due to injury.

"All I know is that whenever I am at your mum's house this year I will be trying to score as much as possible" he said.

[quote author=Disco]
[quote author=Matabele]
I thought you were lamenting the fact you weren't at work to be able to finalise your side.

How many people were at work at 6pm on a Sunday night?
I was, but im happy with my side

I just had to put in huge early bids

[/quote]

An option that was open to all.

[/quote]

again incorrect

that option was not open to me

Pirates launch startling attack on Shoes
by Rebecca Willsitonit

The coach of Silvertails Cup team QLD Pirates has today launched an extraordinary attack on their first round match-up, the Schlossy’s Shoes. While filming an interview with Fox Sports on the season ahead, coach fLIP was asked whether a last minute bid by the Shoes to steal Reni Maitua’s signature with seconds to spare has caused any bad blood between the teams.

“You bet your balls it has. I never expected the Shoe’s to stoop that low Lauz” he said via video conference from Skilled Park. “I spent two days trying to secure the signature of Maitua and in runs Schlossy trying to bolster his powder puff forwards pack with no time left for me to counter. And look where he’s ended up. I sure hope Maitua plays well for the Shoes or that pack of nuffies he’s running this year will make sure his team’s off season romp in Coffs Harbor comes 4 weeks early.”

The Pirates coach has been scrutinized by members of the public and Silvertails Board for insinuating that the Shoes are involved in a cover up over off field incidents. When we called the Pirates for comment we we’re told no decision has yet been made over disciplinary action and the club were still investigating the matter.

One thing is for sure, rugby league in general will not benefit from the incident with just 2 days to go until the 2007 season commences.

\"I'm not interested in other people's sour grapes\" he said today from Hartsfield Stadium. \"Our players are with us because they want to be with a professional set-up, not lumped away in some do-nothing club with a know-nothing coach.\"
I suppose Sherlock is your media officer

Pirates launch startling attack on Shoes
by Rebecca Willsitonit

The coach of Silvertails Cup team QLD Pirates has today launched an extraordinary attack on their first round match-up, the Schlossy’s Shoes. While filming an interview with Fox Sports on the season ahead, coach fLIP was asked whether a last minute bid by the Shoes to steal Reni Maitua’s signature with seconds to spare has caused any bad blood between the teams.

“You bet your balls it has. I never expected the Shoe’s to stoop that low Lauz” he said via video conference from Skilled Park. “I spent two days trying to secure the signature of Maitua and in runs Schlossy trying to bolster his powder puff forwards pack with no time left for me to counter. And look where he’s ended up. I sure hope Maitua plays well for the Shoes or that pack of nuffies he’s running this year will make sure his team’s off season romp in Coffs Harbor comes 4 weeks early.”

The Pirates coach has been scrutinized by members of the public and Silvertails Board for insinuating that the Shoes are involved in a cover up over off field incidents. When we called the Pirates for comment we we’re told no decision has yet been made over disciplinary action and the club were still investigating the matter.

One thing is for sure, rugby league in general will not benefit from the incident with just 2 days to go until the 2007 season commences.

hahahaha classic

News Update - Rugby League World

On the eve of what is probably the least anticipated competition in years, angry words were heard this morning at the Phillip Street Headquarters of the Australian Rugby League.

Geoff Carr, though guarded, virtually sprayed his words. "I can understand some of the selection problems facing the coaches but some are just going too far. There hasn't been a ball kicked in the comp and claims of limited preparations, underhanded trading activities, too much work on their plates, along with rumours of unsavoury incidents over the weekend have just got to stop or we will cancel the entire competition."

News that ticket sales are only 10% of last year was also a worrying trend pressing on the minds of administrators. Carr said "Look, I know the sales may pick up but somehow the public goodwill seems to have gone the same way families enjoyed Sunday-arvo footie have disappeared."

"I wouldn't be surprised if a lot more comes out and it may require a full judicial inquiry. I am not saying Schubbies has got to be pulled off salary cap breaches to sort it, but it could happen."

Meanwhile the boards of the Mzilikazi Assegais and Burpengary Boozehounds refused to confirm that there would be a straight swap of coaches, possibly as soon as the end of March. All the team coaches contacted today refused to answer questions and rumours of the frantic hiring of spin doctors persist.

Pirates Coach to Receive Disciplinary

In a sudden move to squash rumour’s and prevent repeat occurrence’s the Silvertails Rugby League Board has decided to take action over comments made by the QLD Pirates coach, fLIP.

Having caused a stir throughout the league after his comments on Wednesday afternoons edition of Fox Sports Preview, Coach fLIP is expected to be found guilty of ‘Unsportsmanlike Insinuation’. The charge carries a maximum penalty of 15 good lashing with a leather belt.

The Pirates have indicated that coach fLIP will not contest the charge but will most likely try and have the charge downgraded to less than 10 lashings. When contacted over the incident fLIP commented; “look… um, im sorry. Ah, this is probably the lowest point of my career right now… and I’m not saying what I said was wrong, but, ah, some things are just better not said and I would like to leave it at that thanks. Oh, and I’ll see you on the weekend Schlossy you #*#$ing #&*$&#!.

If the Pirate's coach can downgrade it to a category 2 Insinuation then he could miss only 1 game with a 2 lashing carryover.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4