In your opinion .. Seib's biggest challenge is ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
In my opinion Seib's biggest challenge is to get our forward pack to play as a tight unit competing to dominate the middle. ... we have been a bunch of individuals playing without attitude or confidence .... bring back the PACK mentality. .. so much flows off the back of a dominate forwards performance ...

Keppie, Paseka, Bullimore and even Haumole at times, played well below their potential ... Seib's needs to unlock each of these players ... if he does ... happy days ..

Then there is our recent lack of grit and perseverance as a team ... the young players need to learn to endure ...

And of course ... the Shu ... so much depends on him finding his mojo, and his completing the transformation from junior footy star ... to dependable 1st grade performer with X factor .... get it done Anthony ... just get it done.

What is your list of things to do for Seib's ?

Agree with @Woodsie our pack are as soft as a baby’s bum ( Jake aside ) , many of them have potential , most of them only show that potential occasionally.

We will live or die in 23 based on how our powderpuff forwards go.

I’m just hoping that a new coaching regime can help, because if not , we’ll struggle big time.

Add Jake to your soft list. He might make 50 takes. But he often doesnt even
win his own forward contest? Needs to be individually more dominant running the ball.
We have no decent linebenders, plenty of size but a few peahearts. Yes Paseka,Sipley and co.

Getting them fit in order to get them firing. Yep, the pack mentality is important but they've just not been cutting it fitness wise. That has shown up in late game fade outs and line defence. One doesn't necessarily lead to the other - ideally he gets both at the same time. Fitness and attitude that is.

And equally important is then getting the right combinations. Altho, that's probably not going to happen straight away. Finally, I reckon sorting out the leadership question. Or does he even think there is one. Is he confident in DCE? Would co captains get the forwards working better? Questions questions.

I simply dont think we have the players to be competitive. Our squad is on a par with 2022

We have 2 decent forwards,one who we use as a workhorse.

Our spine is average with Tom playing, its close to the worst in the NRL without him.

Unless 3 or 4 young guys come in and prove turn out to be stars we are in all sorts.

I think we will finish bottom 6, maybe 8 wins for the season, and start a rebuild from 2024.

Last edited:
Got to get these guys, every single one of them playing for each other and not themselves.We have lacked mongrel in the pack since AFB left. Time to unleash some fresh talent. I’m hoping Condon and Fifita fire up and add what’s been missing in our pack. We need a smart quick dummy half that gives crisp service and challenges defensive lines so as to cause hesitation in their line speed. We need a forward leader like Finnane.

I simply dont think we have the players to be competitive. Our squad is on a par with 2022

Our spine is average with Tom playing, its close to the worst in the NRL without him.

Unless 3 or 4 young guys come in and prove turn out to be stars we are in all sorts.

I think we will finish bottom 6, maybe 8 wins for the season the year, and start a rebuild from 2024.
Spot on!.

Happy new year.

NYEagle

I think we will finish bottom 6, maybe 8 wins for the season the year, and start a rebuild from 2024.
1,000%!

Hopefully generate more attacking momentum with a cohesive hard running pack who bend the line and win quicker plays.....this means not running 1 out and being dominated by 3-4 defenders.
Also more numbers in tackles, as our lack of controlling tackles is often from 1-2 tacklers allowing opposition attack to dictate the ruck.
More direct play.
Far more aggression as always seem like the team being bullied which has made recent times even worse and adding insult to some poor losses.
I do think he will have a team competing harder and the appointment of Flanagan is so important in this area.

I think Seibs 1st biggest challenge is to move away from last years failed player combinations and type / structure of play. This is the tough bit imo. His 2nd challenge (much easier) is to come up with some different combinations and (hopefully) a more open and attractive style of play. He is good enough to make this happen. Some tough decisions to be made.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4