In your opinion .. Seib's biggest challenge is ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our pack is so soft that unless we are putting on the points the motivation to dig in and hold the intensity levels for prolonged periods will fade away fast.
Soft is an attitude

Our pack lacks resolute , aggression and Intimidation and all this is all about Attitude

We have some Big Bodies that have the ability of stand up to any pack but we do not have any Baddies in our pack and we are lead by the nicest guy on and off the field in the NRL in Jake

The Manly Mr Nice guys attitude has to change
NRL 2020: Matty Johns Show, Jake Trbojevic, lie detector, Manly ...

Mate ... our fans boo our captain, the legendary Dessie, Christians, froggy (the player of the year), mr, 100% parker, the Shu, donny singe and everybody else that sticks their heads up ...

Sieb's will always just be one loss or team selection away from the pitch forks.
As soon as we start winning the booing stops

I have been on the Manly grand stands at Brookvale were Manly fans were disgusted by the lowering of the Manly jerseys from Manly players coming in to the tunnel at Half time after a thrashing with the sound of boos from passionate Manly fans

No one ever booed a Winning Manly team

Soft is an attitude

Our pack lacks resolute , aggression and Intimidation and all this is all about Attitude

We have some Big Bodies that have the ability of stand up to any pack but we do not have any Baddies in our pack and we are lead by the nicest guy on and off the field in the NRL in Jake

The Manly Mr Nice guys attitude has to change
NRL 2020: Matty Johns Show, Jake Trbojevic, lie detector, Manly ...
Steve Menzies was the nicest Manly player ever. I wouldn’t mind 2-3 like him again on the park. Nice guy attitudes just need some balance of mongrels.

We have some Big Bodies that have the ability of stand up to any pack but we do not have any Baddies in our pack
I agree our pack needs to be dominant but I don't think that means we need 'baddies' or mongrels.
Our 2008 pack for example had a number of blokes who would never take a backward step but I wouldn't call any of them baddies or mongrels. Big hitting Steve Matai was probably the most controversial of our players, but I never thought of him as a thuggish type, just his timing was off occasionally (or so Mark Gasnier thought, lol).

I agree our pack needs to be dominant but I don't think that means we need 'baddies' or mongrels.
Our 2008 pack for example had a number of blokes who would never take a backward step but I wouldn't call any of them baddies or mongrels. Big hitting Steve Matai was probably the most controversial of our players, but I never thought of him as a thuggish type, just his timing was off occasionally (or so Mark Gasnier thought, lol).
They are , by far , no where near the best set of forwards in the game BUT working as a pack , sharing the load , being positive they “ could still be very effective.

This is one of Seibold’s biggest challenges , getting a sub par pack to be at least a pack that teams are aware of ( even if not frightened of ).

We all have a different interpretation of words
My Interpretation of the word baddies and mongrels are Resilient, Relentless and Ruthless Intimidators

I believe Our 2008 premiership winning pack that went toe to toe with the most brutal packs of its time demonstrated those Resilient Ruthless and Intimidating qualities

A forward pack that does not have any Mongrel is a Mediocre pack
To become dominating you need to be Intimidating

Manly vs Storm: Sea Eagles face battle to break Craig Bellamy’s Round ...

Last edited:
They are , by far , no where near the best set of forwards in the game BUT working as a pack , sharing the load , being positive they “ could still be very effective.
You forgot to mention being less passive and more aggressive resolute and Ruthless

The best dog has lost many times to the more ruthless and aggressive under dog

Never underestimate the power of aggression and intimidation

The ruthless QLD underdog packs proved this many times and prevailed over their more decorated NSW fancier opponents

State of Origin: Queensland beat NSW in game one – in pictures | Sport ...

The moral of the Mongrel pack story ....

Be in control of the Physical and Phycological Ruthless and Intimidating Aggression in a game

and YOU control the game

Cheers to Manly! | Sea Eagles

We all have a different interpretation of words
My Interpretation of the word baddies and mongrels are Resilient, Relentless and Ruthless Intimidators

I believe Our 2008 premiership winning pack that went toe to toe with the most brutal packs of its time demonstrated those Resilient Ruthless and Intimidating qualities

To become dominant you need to be Intimidating

Manly vs Storm: Sea Eagles face battle to break Craig Bellamy’s Round ...
Blair started that, our guys including Gift didn't take a backward step. Which was my point!

Blair started that, our guys including Gift didn't take a backward step. Which was my point!
No Blair did not start that

Darcy Lussick started that when he wacked a storm player

Darcy Started it and Stewart finished it

Manly Started it and Manly Finished it

Either way No pack intimidated us and got over the top of our ruthless Manly pack

No ... that is why dictionaries were developed ... to put an end to that nonsense ....

We also develop our own personalities
You wont find this quote in any Dictionary but it does Dictate a game feathered friend

To become dominating you need to be Intimidating

No Blair did not start that

Darcy Lussick started that when he wacked a storm player

Darcy Started it and Stewart finished it

Manly Started it and Manly Finished it

Either way No pack intimidated us and got over the top of our ruthless Manly pack
Darcy got whacked and didn't take a backward step, pretty sure that's how it all began.
I agree with your premise that we need aggression.

IMO the harsh treatment we have received from the referees over recent years has not helped our pack with players spot lighted like Marty was early on. Kinda of feel our coaches have tried to compensate by taking aggression out of our game which has meant we have not been able to stop the momentum of other sides.

Mate ... our fans boo our captain, the legendary Dessie, Christians, froggy (the player of the year), mr, 100% parker, the Shu, donny singe and everybody else that sticks their heads up ...

Sieb's will always just be one loss or team selection away from the pitch forks.
I've never seen an impatient rebuild work.

After the big changes of coaches and CEO last year, in my opinion, you have to give the club time to achieve results and back them in.

Or be doomed to rebuild again and again...

After the big changes of coaches and CEO last year, in my opinion, you have to give the club time to achieve results and back them in.

But it's not really a rebuild is it?
Roster-wise. It's just under new management now.

Keppie, Paseka, Haumole have been brought through and should be ready to really stamp some authority now, Schu has been taught some hard lessons about NRL and he too should be ready to go now. We've already added great speed with Saab and Koula. We've quality squad men such as Garrick Lawton and Croker. And we've already got the superstar.

We should definitely improve from 11th, in fact missing the 8 should be a fail with the players we've got.

Why do you classify a change of coach (after 4 seasons) as "impatient" ... or a rebuild? .... there has been no panicked buying and sacking of players ....

And the game has changed ... with the ease of player movements today ... anybody applying for a job that says .. "I have a 5 year plan" ... would be laughed out of the joint ...

Look at the re-build at Tigers in just 6 months .... might take 2 years to settle down and tweak ... but that is the sort of action that is possible ....

We haven't needed the mass changes ... a couple of smart buys for next season and we will be contenders ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4