Inglis hit on Young, How many weeks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He did the same to the Hoffman the Broncos fullback earlier this year.

If they're fair dinkum he'll get 5 weeks.

But they're not so you may as well roll a dice....literally. Anything from 1 to 6.

I didn't think it was that bad, honestly.
It was a hard tough hit, these happen in this game called rugby league.
Those calling for players to be suspended so we get a leg-up should be ashamed, if you want to play with the big dogs, play the game and challenge yourself against the best. Do you think killer or kingy want to see other team players get hurt ?

The biggest problem with all these hits at the judiciary is its not how bad it is, but who does the hit.

Greg Inglis will be dealt with a lot lighter than say if Matai did that to any player.

But IMO it has to be at least 3 or players who got suspended before him will blow up deluxe.

Young doesn't look like he dropped much at all, plus GI could see Farrell had grabbed him around the waist, common sense would tell you he was dropping. Make an example of the woman hitter.

I just had look at the tackle from Prior on Thurston earlier in the year which Prior got 5 weeks for. Both were shoulder charges gone wrong where impact is made directly to the head with forearm/elbow. IF the judiciary are consistent, he should get 5 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwV1z0BzTnY

I'll channel my 'inner Dan' and say he deserves none as young was falling slightly and the should made initial contact high, but not the head.

Then I'll channel my inner 'they are out to get us' and say he'll suspended only until he has to play us (kasiano, luke's early plea, etc)

My outer self states my inner self has no idea!

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Watch the footage and keep an eye on the top of youngs head in reference to the line of seats in the background. HIs head does not drop at all. I suggest that is legs had changed position by the tackler but he hadn't started to fall yet because of momentum. Ingliss shoulder got him high and was always going to, I think it is in the top most dangerous shoulder charges this year add in that someone was already starting to tackle his legs. Maximum penalty should be applied.

I think he deserves to get some sort of suspension, but after the Kasiano one plus plenty of others.....you just don't know. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets off.

That was a horrible shot young wasn't falling into that inglis jumped up and threw all his body weight behind it. Contact was always going to be high. That is the sort of hit that could kill someone two big blokes at top speed jeez that was ugly

If there is any consistancy he will get 5 weeks. Considering Trex got 6 for his tackle, I think this was worse so should be 7 but not likely.

If the NRL is at all serious about protecting the head then that must be a lengthy suspension. That head contact was severe.

Responsibility for the hit cannot lie with Dean Young. It was Inglis that chose the tackle method. It was Inglis that could see what was happening. It was Inglis that had the 100% responsibility to ensure there was no head contact. It was Inglis that chose the style of tackling that had a foreseeable likelihood of causing the damage it did.

The judiciary is a joke. That media mughead commentators support the judiciary shows the media is a joke too. That Kasiano paid no consequences at all for his head shot shows the judiciary is negligent in protecting the head and placing responsibility on players to protect the head.

You play the game, you risk getting head shots when it goes wrong. You tackle like Inglis and Kasiano, you should pay the cost too when it goes wrong.

Rex said:
If the NRL is at all serious about protecting the head then that must be a lengthy suspension. That head contact was severe.

Responsibility for the hit cannot lie with Dean Young. It was Inglis that chose the tackle method. It was Inglis that could see what was happening. It was Inglis that had the 100% responsibility to ensure there was no head contact. It was Inglis that chose the style of tackling that had a foreseeable likelihood of causing the damage it did.

The judiciary is a joke. That media mughead commentators support the judiciary shows the media is a joke too. That Kasiano paid no consequences at all for his head shot shows the judiciary is negligent in protecting the head and placing responsibility on players to protect the head.

You play the game, you risk getting head shots when it goes wrong. You tackle like Inglis and Kasiano, you should pay the cost too when it goes wrong.
Wait till one of our blokes creeps a bit high, then we'll see the judiciary take a stand, egged on by the media.

Rex said:

Well I'm glad that merkin Kasiano got off. Karma's a bitch and now he's got 6 weeks sucking on steak milkshakes to contemplate his smartass judiciary escape. Lets hope Inglis cops the same. Let him off so we can smash his cheekbone all over his face in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6