Inglis hit on Young, How many weeks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
g'day all,Simple solution ban shoulder charges completely,they have in union, as to me its a cop out from proper tackling technique.Also with high tackles afactor that should be taken into account is that irrespective of the position of the ball carrier a clenched fist is deemed to be intent and therefore reckless and careless.
cheers mike

Inglis jumped,then compounded his intentional foul by punching out with his right elbow.

Should get the 5 weeks as in the JT hit.
But as he does not play for Manly - probably a caution will ensue.:dodgy:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-round-20-new-zealand-warriors-v-newcastle-knights/story-fnbh0buq-1226431515497

The picture tells it like it is - flush on the head!

It was the kind of hit that could have adverse consequences for Young in years to come. Extremely dangerous high shot as Young couldn't see it coming & couldn't protect himself.

I think Greg's intention was always to hit him so hard that the ball would be jolted loose. Throw the book at him, at least 6 weeks rest.

The spin doctors will enure Inglis will gets 1-2 weeks tops .

Should be 5-6 , but that would be a fair system wouldn't it .

I don't want the shoulder charge banned. It has it's place in the game and when used correctly is really a good tactic but when it goes wrong it can have terrible consequences

Compare the incidents to that which saw T-Rex outed for seven matches.
T-Rex's was accidental - clumsy and careless. And the victim played on, seemingly not hurt too badly.
Inglis had plenty of time to make a legitimate tackle, but he led with his forearm and knocked Young out, which sparked a brawl. Young missed the remainder of the match. This was a calculated shoulder charge designed to inflict damage. By leading with his forearm it was malicious.
He must get at least the same as T-Rex - seven weeks. Then, because I understand he has a clean record, he should receive a one-week discount. So he should be outed for six weeks.
Let's see.

TokyoEagle said:
I didn't think it was that bad, honestly.
It was a hard tough hit, these happen in this game called rugby league.
Those calling for players to be suspended so we get a leg-up should be ashamed, if you want to play with the big dogs, play the game and challenge yourself against the best. Do you think killer or kingy want to see other team players get hurt ?

I don't think anyone here is hoping he gets suspended because we play Souths soon. Everyone's commenting on the severity of the tackle, which in my books is one of the most dangerous of the year comfortably.

Anything from 4-6 for me is warranted. But it's GI, so het gets the superstar downgrading.

TokyoEagle said:
Those calling for players to be suspended so we get a leg-up should be ashamed, if you want to play with the big dogs, play the game and challenge yourself against the best. Do you think killer or kingy want to see other team players get hurt ?

I thought it was a pearler.It was a great shot. Why does Inglis have to go soft on a bloke that has made a break and has turned looking for support? I thought fighting over the top of a bloke knocked out was far worse.

wombatgc said:
I thought it was a pearler.It was a great shot. Why does Inglis have to go soft on a bloke that has made a break and has turned looking for support? I thought fighting over the top of a bloke knocked out was far worse.
I thought Inglis's tackle looked bad but I haven't seen it in slo-mo or anything so I'll withhold judgment.
I agree with you about the brawl that almost broke out on top of Young when he was obviously in major trouble. If the battle of Brookie is any precedent I think a few players must have some sort of a case to answer, that was potentially very dangerous.

wombatgc said:
TokyoEagle said:

Shoulder to chest would've made it a great hit, shoulder to head makes it a very bad hit.

SBW, now there's a guy who could put on a great legal shoulder charge. If you want to go the big shoulder, then you need to get it right. If you get it wrong, and boy did he get it wrong, then you need to suffer the consequences.

Kiwi Eagle said:
A pearler of a tackle ???

He never made any contact with anything other than Youngs head !!!!
I just saw the replay on fox sports and it looked like more of a forearm to the head than a shoulder charge .

BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

I just saw the replay on fox sports and it looked like more of a forearm to the head than a shoulder charge .
look at the vid in Berks post or the link to the telecrap in another post above. It's poretty ugly.

Kiwi Eagle said:

http://youtu.be/GfuQ-n8jR-4?t=1m5s

1.05 First point of contact is arm to chest, then shoulder to head...it's not Inglis' fault the blokes a dwarf.

wombatgc said:

BOZO said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Watch the front on shot at 1.05...arm leads and hits chest.

So because Toovey was short, any forward in the comp should have been allowed to take his head off during his playing career ?

Weird logic

The first point of contact argument (in any setting) is at best a red herring.

Do the damage, do the time.

Give him 6 weeks. That was one of the worst dog acts i've ever seen. Geez, you can take the man out of NSW, but you can't take NSW out of the man. HAHAHA!!

On a side note : Merrin has got to be one of the dumbest and softest blokes to pull on a jersey. Wanting to flog the down low tackler over GI's hit gave me one of the most intense soft ons ever. He should be in the Dragons pack with Creagh.

WAMF said:
6 weeks.
Should have been sent off.

Mate think about this though

If a player is sent off he losses some suspension points, one a minute

Inglis not being sent off keeps all his points

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4